╌>

Veteran commits suicide outside VA office in Phoenix

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  9 years ago  •  9 comments

A veteran committed suicide Sunday evening inside the parking lot of the Department of Veterans Affairs Phoenix Regional Office, Fox 10 Phoenix reported.

Sources told the station that the 53-year-old man was trying to make a statement about how many suicidal veterans fall through the cracks and take their own life.

"It's the ultimate slap in the face to the VA," said Brandon Coleman, who works with at-risk veterans. He went on to say that the suicide was "an ultimate show of disregard and just frustration with a broken system."

The veteran, who was receiving $130 a month in benefits, reportedly had a suicide note. A gun was found next to his body, the report said. It was not immediately clear which branch of the military the man worked for, The Arizona Republic reported.

The VA said the veterans death is being investigated.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/13/veteran-reportedly-commits-suicide-inside-parking-lot-va-office/?intcmp=latestnews

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    9 years ago

Sources told the station that the 53-year-old man was trying to make a statement about how many suicidal veterans fall through the cracks and take their own life.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     9 years ago

Going back to the 60's, the VA in the areas I lived in sucked. Plain and simple. It would seem that the VA facilities in less populated areas do much better.

I doubt if we'll ever learn to stop sending our military off to wars we have no place or need to be in.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Many of them are almost feral, because they get so little help and contact. That is inexcusable!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

Kav........will we ever learn?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    9 years ago

You think the VA is bad today? It may have its problems and in spite of people thinking they are getting good service, they would be surprised in the difference in private care vs VA care.

I'm not saying all VA care is bad, but it was worse than terrible years ago.

Nona62
Professor Silent

I'm not saying all VA care is bad, Like almost anything else, there are the good and the bad...unfortunately someour Veterans who have served our country get a raw deal...that should NEVER be allowed for those who have served our countryand put their lives on the line.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    9 years ago

Poor man! No one listened to him, and no one helped.

It is a crime that our veterans are not treated better! My prayers go out to his family and friends. This man should be a decorated hero, I think. He gave his life for the other vets whose problems are ignored.

Nona62
Professor Silent

It's good to hear that you are getting good treatment!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

Apparently nobody cared etiher....very sad....