╌>

Who is ready for college football?

Category:  Sports

Via:  bluestride  •  7 years ago  •  41 comments

Who is ready for college football?

I cannot wait. I even have a countdown going on it.

https://days.to/until/ncaa-season

Who is your team? How do you think they will do this year?

I am a Sooners fan. I think they will do okay this year but, we lost a lot of offensive firepower this year and and although I will miss Bob Stoops, I have been ready for his brother to go as DC for a while now. Maybe now that LIncoln Riley is running the show he will find someone better to fill the slot next year. The Red River Rivalry should be good this year with both teams having a new coach. Bedlam should rock this year too.

Over the next few years the other four conferences are going to learn to fear the Big 12 with new coaches like Lincoln Riley, Tom Herman and Matt Rhule at the helm of Oklahoma, Texas and Baylor, respectively as well as Gary Patterson at TCU.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

College football is always exciting.

If Illinois doesn't make a bowl game this year, Lovie Smith will be gone and his head coaching career probably over.  Tough facts to face for someone who has won 10 or more games as an NFL head coach in 4 different seasons.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I think he has a longer leash than that. That program was at absolute rock bottom and he's just starting to get his kids in there.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy   7 years ago

I agree about the Illinois head coach.  As a Nebraska fan, we love it 😍 when Nebraska gets to travel to Illinois, Northwestern, and Purdue.  Those are often like home games S so many Nebraska fans make the trip and often outnumber or equal the real home teams fans.  Looking forward to a similar result when we finally get to visit Indiana.  There's rumors that there's going to be a lot of red in Autzen stadium in Eugene Oregon next month.  Anyone remember around 2000-2001, when Notre Dame stadium was a sea of red?  

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
link   Steve Ott    7 years ago

Teams: LSU, TCU, TAMU and anyone playing against Alabama, Oklahoma or Notre Dame.

I really enjoy watcing the MAC. I just like watching college footbaball. Much more fun than the NFL.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov    7 years ago

Gamecocks. I will be disappointed again...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51    7 years ago

Go Big Red!  The Nebraska Cornhuskers are my favorite college team in football, women's volleyball, and all college sports.  I'm glad 😁 that Nebraska left the Big XII and joined the B1G.  A great 👍 move.  I loved the old respect based rivalry with Oklahoma and am glad we will play them and Colorado 4x each by 2031 including the 50th anniversary of the greatest college football 🏈 game of all time in 1971.  Texas ruined the old conference.  

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Bluestride  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

I miss the OKlahoma Nebraska rivaly. I loved to see the games. It is different than the Red River Rivalry, I actually liked Nebraska whereas I despised Texas.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Bluestride   7 years ago

That OU vs. NU respect was two way.  It was the best rivalry in sports before the BXII ruined it.  

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
link   Transyferous Rex    7 years ago

I am a Sooners fan.

In the voice of Borat..."High Five."

Grew up a Sooner and graduated from O-State. People find it hard to believe that I can cheer for both with equal enthusiasm. But, it's true. Get's dicey when they play each other, but that's the struggle. I will say, I pissed several people off in the stands, during bedlam, the year the Sooners won it last. It seems season ticket holders shouldn't cheer for the visiting team. What can I say, I thought they had a legit shot to win it all, and they did. 

I'm not buying the hype this year...yet. We'll see after the Ohio State game. As for the Pokes. I've learned that getting too excited about championships early proves devastating. Although, its possible that the two will see each other twice this year. OU will have to beat the dog out of Ohio State for any Big 12 team to have a shot at the play-offs though. 

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
link   Transyferous Rex  replied to  Transyferous Rex   7 years ago

Get's dicey...terrible.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

I'm ready to watch some FOOTBALL but sadly my team is not that good.  Last season we improved our record but we still have a way to go.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

who is your team?  

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

The terps!  Fear the Turtle!!!!  except on the football field - hahahahaha

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave    7 years ago

Roll Tide!!!!! AL vs FL first game! 

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
link   Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

Now there's a game where whoever loses will make the rest of the country happy. 

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו   7 years ago

It should be a really good game. 

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Bluestride  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו   7 years ago

No kidding. I really do not like either team but, in this case I am pulling for the Seminoles.

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Bluestride    7 years ago
How about them Sooners Over the Bucks. BOOMER!!

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
link   Transyferous Rex  replied to  Bluestride   7 years ago

Sooner!

Apparently, my confidence in the Sooners wasn't false. I wasn't too impressed with Penn State's win over Pitt. It'll be interesting to see if the Pokes can dominate Pitt. If they do, I don't know how you could leave Penn State at 4, or wherever they are, and the Pokes at 10 or 11. Rooting for a top 5 by the time bedlam gets here. Although, if the Sooners can win out, I don't see how they are not a playoff team, regardless of what the big 12 does.

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
Yea, the Pokes are better than most think. Bedlam is going to be good this year regardless. As much as it pains me to say it, despite the Maryland game Texas is going to be better than people suspect, Tom Herman is too good a coach to let Texas slide this year and we will see where Texas stands this week against USC. Also, K State has Vandy this week and I savor any SEC loss particularly if it comes at the hands of the Big 12. It is a shame a class act like Bill Snyder will not be coaching much longer, rumors are this is his last year. I wonder if they have anyone lined up to replace him. With regard to Penn State, I think they are once again the best team in the B1G with Wisconson coming in second but, yea their preformance against Pitt was nothing special.

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet

Yea, the Pokes are better than most think.

Here's to hoping. I'm not sold on Penn St. being the top dog in the conference yet. 

I'm for a Big 12 win anytime. Iowa State's decision to "burn time" off of the clock last week made me puke. How about you keep doing what you have been doing. Would have loved to see them beat Iowa.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man    7 years ago

Wow there is a lot of mideast and eastern football representation on the board...

With good reason though 'Bama is the team to beat.....

But alas I'm a Northwesterner here so my team is the Huskies.

Didn't do to bad last year, hoping for better this year.

GO DAWGS!

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
Anyone getting the feeling that the SEC, outside Alabama, is begining to slip into being just an average Power Five Conference. The ACC is on the rise, the B1G is overated in my opinion, although I think Penn State and Wisconsin are legit. USC is the PAC 12's chosen one and the Big 12 has a couple contenders, although with the infusion of new blood the next couple years the Big 12 is going to be scary.

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet

B1G has always been overrated, IMO. Obvious bias there on my part. 

Bedlam looks to be, at least at the moment, a don't miss event for Sooner and Pokes fans.

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Bluestride  replied to  Transyferous Rex   7 years ago
Bedlam looks to be, at least at the moment, a don't miss event for Sooner and Pokes fans.

If not for the Big 12 Conference game this year, Bedlam would likely once again be the default Conference Champion game yet again. Either way, it will be one with National and CFP ramifications, I wonder if Gameday will be in Stillwater?

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
Week five is over and it would seem the final two from last year are again bubbling to the top. I think Clemson has the better resume though. Honestly 'Bama is still untested IMO. I think the only test they will really have is maybe Auburn and if Georgia wins the east, they may be tested in the Conference title game. Washington seems a lock for the PAC 12. The B1G and Big 12 have yet to be decided and may eat their own. Clemson seems to have a lock on the ACC with a lackluster Florida State. If I had to guess the final four will be Clemson, Alabama, Washigton and whoever from B1G or Big 12 does not self destruct. The players in those two conferences would be Oklahoma or TCU in the Big 12 and Ohio State and Penn State in the B1G although I think Wisconson may have something to say about it.

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
Wow. Last weekend threw some chaos into the CFP mix now didn't it? Who do you think is in now? Me? I would love for my Sooners to be in but, defensive issues are going to preclude that. If I had to guess right now I would guess. Alabama, TCU, Penn State and Georgia or Notre Dame.

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet

Apparently, we are the only ones that care. I lost a little motivation after the TCU/OSU and Iowa St./OU games, but am back on the wagon after last week. 

TCU doesn't have it easy the next 4 games. Say what you want about Iowa State and Texas, but those are not lay downs. (Tell Iowa and USC they suck.) Then they get OU and Tech on the road.

OU has about the same road the next four. Should be fun to watch the next few weeks. 

The game to watch will be next week's game at Ohio State.

Obviously a homer view, but I find it funny that the experts lay down in awe of Penn St., after they beat Pitt by 19. When the Pokes beat Pitt by 48, it's because Pitt sucks. 

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
Who is in the final week? Who will wn games this weekend? Auburn v Alabama? Georgia v Gerogia Tech? Clemson v South Carolina? Some good games coming up this week. Will the U stunble on the road at Pitt? My Sooners v W. Virgina? I would say it if Grier Plays or not. Final Four to actually play in the play off? My seeds are as follows: 1- Clemson 2- Wisconsin 3- Georgia 4- Oklahoma