╌>

Prosecuting Blasphemy

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  kpr37  •  7 years ago  •  3 comments

Prosecuting Blasphemy

The notion it’s possible that men and women could have biological differences that could make them more inclined to pursue certain career paths shouldn't sound anymore controversial then women are more inclined to sit when they pee then men. But James Damore is not the first person to lose his job for suggesting such a idea. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   seeder  kpr37    7 years ago

Is it appropriate to treat the suggestion of the idea as blasphemy? It is right when the Idea conflicts with one's religious faith, and that is what Social Justice has become to many people.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    7 years ago

Blasphemy? 

Possibly, if one considers that secularism has replaced religion in modern society.

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   seeder  kpr37  replied to  Larry Hampton   7 years ago

if one considers that secularism has replaced religion in modern society.

The beliefs of the secular left, are by the very real definition, just dogma. Which has the flavor of a religion. Me I'm a secular pagan who rejects dogma. I prefer reality, logic, and reason.

"Dokein moi" my conviction or I'm certain, is the classic Greek root of dogma. It's meaning is taken from that phrase "a certain conviction", your certain conviction became your dogma. 

Now as unsolicited dogma goes , the Christians can not hold a candle to the progressive left when it comes to proselytizing. Good, Lord man, woman, child, Ze, Zie, them, or they (LOL)...there is no place on the internet without a leftist telling me what to think and how to think it. About everything under the sun.

At the turn of the 17th century, dogma  entered English from the Latin term meaning “philosophical tenet.” The Greek word from which it is borrowed means “ that which one thinks is true, and comes ultimately from the Greek dokein which means “to seem good” or “think.”  The origin of the word dogma  acts as a reminder to English speakers that now-established principals and doctrines were once simply thoughts and opinions of ordinary people that gained popularity and eventually found their way into the universal consciousness of society. 20th century