╌>

North Korean Foreign Minister Says Trump Has ‘Declared War’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  spikegary  •  7 years ago  •  15 comments

North Korean Foreign Minister Says Trump Has ‘Declared War’

Source

North Korea's foreign minister said Monday that President Donald Trump has "declared war" on his country and that Kim Jong Un's regime would consider shooting down American bombers.

"Since the U.S. declared war on our country, we will have every right to make countermeasures, including the right to shoot down the U.S. bombers even when they are not yet inside the airspace border of our country," Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho told reporters in New York." Last weekend, Trump claimed that our leadership wouldn't be around much longer and he declared a war on our country," he added. "Even the fact that this comes from someone who is currently holding the seat of the U.S. presidency is clearly a declaration of war."

The foreign minister appeared to be referring to a tweet that Trump sent Sunday, which referenced "Rocket Man" — the president's nickname for Kim.

Kim and his officials are no stranger to fiery, war-like rhetoric, often threatening to immolate the U.S. in "a sea of fire" and to reduce "the whole of the U.S. mainland to ruins. "Since assuming office, Trump has also joined in with bold language of his own, warning North Korea that he could visit "fire" and "fury" on the authoritarian regime if it threatened the U.S.

Many analysts agree that while the North’s apocalyptic statements may sound crazy, the country is actually building its missile and nuclear program according to a rational set of goals.

Key among its aims is self-preservation. It saw that regimes in Iraq and Libya fell to Western-backed regime change after they gave up their nuclear programs, and has vowed not to suffer a similar fate.

Despite months of fierce words, a military solution to the standoff would result in a conflict that some North Korea-watchers predict could cause more than 1 million deaths.  Even without nuclear weapons, North Korea has plenty of conventional weapons pointed at South Korea and its capital Seoul, which is just 30 miles from the border.

North Korea has said in public statements that it wants an official end to the Korean War. The conflict was halted by a 1953 armistice but no peace treaty has been signed. It also wants nothing short of full normalization of relations with the U.S. and to be treated with respect and as an equal in the global arena.

The foreign minister made the remarks near the United Nations headquarters in New York, where he attended last week’s General Assembly.

After leaving the crowd of reporters in the street, he walked back moments later and added: "In light of the declaration of war by Trump, all options will be on the operations table of the supreme leadership."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
1  seeder  Spikegary    7 years ago

Let's see, South Korea is our ally, the Korean Conflict was stopped by an armistice, which means our ally is still at war with them, so, so are we. 

And Rocket Man was a term used at the U.N. speech.  The fact that this dictator (and his daddy and granddaddy) continues to threaten, even when no one is talking to him or even paying attention to him (through what?  the last 4 presidents?) has to make one wonder what his end game is?  Going down to a glorious death in a fiery destruction of him and his country?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Spikegary @1    7 years ago
the Korean Conflict was stopped by an armistice

I don't think that NK realizes that they don't have the support that they once did during the Korean Conflict.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2  Jeremy Retired in NC    7 years ago

For these dumbasses in NK, a fart in their direction is a "declaration of war".  

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
3  magnoliaave    7 years ago

It is all really serious.  That statement he made about shooting down our aircraft even in international space has got me really concerned.

And, to top it off we have our armed forces men and women ready to protect the U.S. while these pieces of shit football players give our Country the finger!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  magnoliaave @3    7 years ago
That statement he made about shooting down our aircraft even in international space has got me really concerned.

The US already has assets in place and operational, that if they do fire on one of our aircraft, the North Korean ADA site could be destroyed before the aircraft hits the ground.  

When I was stationed in Korea, they kept telling us that "we are within range of North Korean artillery" as kind of a scare tactic to keep everybody alert.  To me, that meant that the US and South Korea already know where a lot of North Korea's assets are.  

Remember, North Korea doesn't have all the support they once had.  A very large part of that country is starving.  Couple that with the internal government turmoil and very old equipment, this could end very badly for the North.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    7 years ago

Maybe rump should stop waving his little dick around and stop threatening war against North Korea.  

How is it that the football players are giving OUR country the finger by silently protesting inequality?

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.1  seeder  Spikegary  replied to  Tessylo @4    7 years ago
"How is it that the football players are giving OUR country the finger by silently protesting inequality?"
I don't know either, it's pretty idiotic of those players. 
As to North Korea, they have been playing this game for generations.  Anytime the wind blows the wrong way, they threaten their neighbors and they threaten us.  Trying to pin this on Trump is just another expression of your distaste for the man, which doesn't speak to the situation.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @4    7 years ago
Maybe rump should stop

You live in a cave right?  Although that would explain you not knowing North Korea has been doing this long before Trump thought about running for President.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  Tessylo    7 years ago

I'm pinning this on rump because he owns it.  

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
5.1  magnoliaave  replied to  Tessylo @5    7 years ago

No idea who rump is! 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  magnoliaave @5.1    7 years ago

You ever see a toddler that is in mid temper tantrum and they can't quite articulate what they want to say.  That's the case here.  That the his/her/it's temper tantrum name for the President.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  magnoliaave @5.1    7 years ago

That's Donald Rump - I refuse to use his name or to call him president.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.1    7 years ago

That's not my temper tantrum name - that's what I choose to call that fat bloated ignorant turd.  

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5.1.4  seeder  Spikegary  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.2    7 years ago

So, let's set this straight now, particularly for you, as I enjoy having adult conversations and debate, my RBR for you is to use people's full names in comments, not slang or insulting names.  At least on my articles/seeds.  I hope I don't have to write this in red at the beginning of each of my articles.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
5.1.5  magnoliaave  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.3    7 years ago

Domesticated vocabulary!