Via:  pj  •  7 years ago  •  5 comments

Park Installs Device For the Colorblind so They Can Enjoy Dazzling Fall Colors

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

PJ
Masters Quiet
1  seeder  PJ    7 years ago

For 13 million Americans who suffer from colorblindness, however, the scenery remains a bland shade of greenish-brown.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Great video PJ.

As I watched that, and they started crying, I had to think - are they crying because they just found something, or are they crying because it will be lost again the moment they leave that viewer?

It had to be a bittersweet experience for these people.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
2.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  JohnRussell @2    7 years ago

I agree the rush of emotions involved would be mind boggling. 

I'm glad to have seen it, I just wish I could see it all my life"

Says it well. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3  Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

Hi PJ,

One of my closest friends is colorblind. I saw this on the news and told him about it and he's now looking into if people can buy these special optics. He has always felt like something was missing in his life. 

Thanks for sharing.. I am sure lots of people really don't get what it is like to be colorblind. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3    7 years ago

My Maternal Grandfather was colorblind. My Grandmother laid out his clothes for him every day and bought most of his clothing. 

But, his being color blind helped when he was in the Marines during WWII, and he could spot the camouflaged artillery gun positions from the air for the troops on the ground. He could also spot the snipers hiding in the trees and brush from the ground. It helped to save lives from being lost.