College Football Playoff

Who is in the final week?

Who will win games this weekend?

Auburn v Alabama?

Georgia v Gerogia Tech?

Clemson v South Carolina?

Some good games coming up this week.

Will the U stunble on the road at Pitt?

My Sooners v W. Virgina? Grier is out for WV but, Mayfield will not start either.

Final Four to actually play in the play off?

My seeds are as follows:

1- Clemson

2- Wisconsin

3- Georgia

4- Oklahoma

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
1  author  Bluestride    7 years ago

Who is in?

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
1.1  tomwcraig  replied to  Bluestride @1    7 years ago

Well, the team, that I grew up watching and lived 9 miles from, played themselves out of it by bad play calling despite leading in the 4th quarter twice and lost those two games by a total of 4 points...

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
1.1.1  author  Bluestride  replied to  tomwcraig @1.1    7 years ago
Who?

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
1.1.2  tomwcraig  replied to  Bluestride @1.1.1    7 years ago

Penn State

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
1.1.3  author  Bluestride  replied to  tomwcraig @1.1.2    7 years ago
Ahh. They ripped y'all off last year. Funny thing is, the commentators are already trying to make a case for Alabama being in even if Auburn beats them in the Iron Bowl. Man, I would love it if Auburn wins the Iron Bowl and then Georgia redeems themselves in the SEC Championship game. Then have Wisconson win out, Oklahoma win out and Miami win out.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
1.1.4  tomwcraig  replied to  Bluestride @1.1.3    7 years ago

Yeah.  I even wrote up an article last year why Penn State would have been better than Washington and Michigan in the playoff using the formula that the CFP selection committee supposedly uses to come up with their rankings.  Frankly, I would like to see Wisconsin in there this year.  They get ZERO respect due to the fact their half of the Big Ten is weak.

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
1.1.5  author  Bluestride  replied to  tomwcraig @1.1.4    7 years ago
To be fair Wisconsin's QB play has been erratic but, they do have a solid Defense.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2  magnoliaave    7 years ago

Roll Tide!

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
2.1  author  Bluestride  replied to  magnoliaave @2    7 years ago
That shoould be Boomer Sooner!!! Muhahahaha.

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
3  author  Bluestride    7 years ago
So the chaos begins. Mississippi St. lays an egg in the Egg Bowl and there goes a "quality win" propping up Georgia, Auburn and Alabama. The SEC is just not what it used to be.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
3.1  tomwcraig  replied to  Bluestride @3    7 years ago

Well, Miami got beat up by Pitt, so anyone they beat looks worse for wear as Pitt dominated that game and Miami scored their last TD with only a couple of minutes left.

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
3.1.1  author  Bluestride  replied to  tomwcraig @3.1    7 years ago
Bama lost too and I can already see the SEC pundits circling the wagons trying to claim that Bama deserves to be in the final four regardless of wins Conference Championships in the B1G or BIg 12.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
3.1.2  tomwcraig  replied to  Bluestride @3.1.1    7 years ago

Bama has the weakest schedule of all those with 1 or more losses.  They shouldn't be allowed in.  Heck, even I admit Penn State shouldn't be in due to the two losses against Ohio State and Michigan State, due to the relatively weak OOC schedule.  But, Bama scheduled a bunch of nobodies to play OOC.

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
3.1.3  author  Bluestride  replied to  tomwcraig @3.1.2    7 years ago
I will be honest, I am worried about my Sooner defense. W. Virginia ran it up the gut all day last week. But, whe the offense is averaging almost 600yards a and 40ish points a game... well... My issue with the SEC and the ACC is that they only play eight conference games, the Big 12, PAC 12 and B1G all play nine. Funny that the SEC and ACC are the only teams that have not been left out of the CFP.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
3.1.4  tomwcraig  replied to  Bluestride @3.1.3    7 years ago

Yeah, the Sooner defense is nothing but holes; but I listen to the analysts on the various College post game shows and they are raving about how good that defense is.  The problem I see is similar to Penn State, the offense is so good that the defense sometimes has no time to rest and recover, which is what happened against Ohio State and Michigan State for Penn State.  If you said to me that your team will always score 21 or more points, but lose twice at the beginning of the season; I would have been shocked.

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
3.1.5  author  Bluestride  replied to  tomwcraig @3.1.4    7 years ago
Well the CFP committee came out with their top 25 again tonight and my Sooners are at three under Clemson and Auburn. The Badgers finally broke the top four with losses by Miami and Alabama. I have no real issues with their top ten. I do have issues with them keeping Miss St. in the top 25 with a bad loss to Ole Miss this past weekend making them a four loss team. Also, last week Miss St. barely beat a horrible Arkansas yet moved up from 16 to 14. This week Oklahoma St. crushed a bad Kansas and stayed static at 19. I can only think they are doing it out some bias in favor of the SEC and prop up Alabama SOS by keeping them with two top 25 wins. I hope Oklahoma, Miami, Georgia and Wisconsin win out thi weekend.

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
4  Transyferous Rex    7 years ago

Apparently everyone lost interest after the final rankings? I figured there would be some discussion on Bama making it. 

I thought they missed it last year with Ohio State, and I think the same thing about Bama this year. The season long discussion was that the SEC was not that tough. Oddly, the year everyone thinks that is the year the SEC has 2 teams in the playoff. Personally, I thought Bama looked good against FSU. They lost a little with me each week thereafter.

Does Bama get in if Auburn wins the SEC title game? Apparently so. The SEC title game determined who was going to be #3. Bama was a lock at #4 already. Clemson game didn't matter. Miami was out regardless, and the canes weren't going to beat Clemson. The only game that mattered was the Big 12 title game. Had OU won by a field goal, my guess is that the Buckeyes would be #3, Bama #4, Clemson #1, and Georgia #2.