╌>

Trump supports Roy Moore, "Birds of a Feather"

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  galen-marvin-ross  •  7 years ago  •  1 comments

Trump supports Roy Moore, "Birds of a Feather"

President Trump on Sunday blasted Democratic Alabama Senate candidate Doug Jones, saying he would be a "disaster."
"The last thing we need in Alabama and the U.S. Senate is a Schumer/Pelosi puppet who is WEAK on Crime, WEAK on the Border, Bad for our Military and our great Vets, Bad for our 2nd Amendment, AND WANTS TO RAISES TAXES TO THE SKY," Trump tweeted.
"Jones would be a disaster!"

Trump last week appeared to throw his support behind Roy Moore despite the allegations of sexual misconduct against the Republican Alabama Senate candidate.
"We don't need a liberal person in there, a Democrat," Trump told reporters on the South Lawn of the White House.
He also similarly slammed Jones's record and did not rule out a possible campaign stop with Moore.
Moore has been embroiled in scandal since The Washington Post reported he initiated a sexual encounter with a 14-year-old decades ago when he was 32.
Several other women have come forward to accuse Moore of inappropriate sexual advances when they were teenagers.
Multiple top Republicans have called for Moore to step aside in the race, but the GOP Senate candidate has said he plans to keep running.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross    7 years ago
WEAK on Crime, WEAK on the Border, Bad for our Military and our great Vets, Bad for our 2nd Amendment, AND WANTS TO RAISES TAXES TO THE SKY,"

I don't think it will do any good because of the Roy Moore supporters out there but, I figured we could take a look at what Doug Jones believes.

What Trump said:
Doug Jones is "weak on crime."
What Jones said:
Jones, a former U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Alabama and assistant U.S. attorney in Birmingham, has touted his law enforcement background, including the prosecution of two Ku Klux Klan members for the decades old bombing at the 16th Street Baptist Church.
His campaign answered the "weak on crime" allegations directly.
"I am certain the domestic terrorists Doug locked up as U.S. attorney, including Tommy Blanton, a murderer who sits in prison now and will die there, would disagree that Doug is soft on crime. Officers, police chiefs and prosecutors heralded Doug for his toughness and persistence," the campaign said in a statement.

Is Doug Jones weak on the border?
What Trump said:
Jones is "weak on the border."
What Jones said:
Jones said he does not support the president's efforts to build a wall at the U.S./Mexico border, saying it is "too expensive."
"I don't think we need to be spending $20 billion dollars," on a wall, Jones said. "I want to put it on healthcare, I want to get tax cuts for the middle class."
Jones said he supports programs that allow undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S as children to remain in the country.
"Children and young adults in the (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) program are contributing members of our society, serving in the military and owning businesses that employ Americans. More than 109,000 of the DACA participants served in the military and naturalized as citizens as of 2015. In 2016 alone, 359 DACA recipients enlisted in the U.S. Army. DACA participants must maintain clean records and pass background checks and are not threats - simply the product of their parents and grandparents seeking to give them a better life," he said.

Is Doug Jones bad for our military and veterans?
What Trump said:
Jones is "bad for the military."
What Jones said:
Jones maintains defense spending is important, adding "you have to be smart about how money is spent."

The last sentence in what I've quoted from AL.com is the real tell here, as far as the Trump agenda is concerned, it is the reason that Trump doesn't want Jones in the Senate, spending but, more importantly, the corporate tax cuts and, tax cuts for the rich that Trump wants.

You can't spend more than you earn, we all know this it's basic economics. Trump wants his wall and, face it folks, Mexico isn't going to pay for it, we, the American taxpayer are, the problem we have right now is, if Trump wants his wall built, he needs to do one thing, RAISE TAXES, not lower them on the rich.