╌>

At What Age Is One No Longer 'Young' ?

Category:  Other

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  6 comments

At What Age Is One No Longer 'Young' ?

I heard some news accounts talk about the "man" who killed all those kids at the school. He is 19. 

I also hear the Olympic's announcers talk about "men" and "women" who are 18 and 19 years old competing in the various events.

I tend to describe everyone under 30 as a "young woman" or "young man" if it is at all appropriate to the conversation.

It just seems to me to be the cutoff age for being truly considered "young".   Although, certainly it is all relative. Some people consider themselves young when they are 60. Nothing wrong with it either, just not realistic.

When to you, is someone no longer "young" ?   

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

The skier Lindsey Vonn is 33. No one has referred to her as young anymore. 

One Miscreant
Professor Silent
1.3  One Miscreant  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

Old enuff to fight & die for country is women/men. This includes voting too. Alice Cooper wrote a great song of this topic, “Eighteen”...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

It's different for each individual. I know people who are active & sharp well into their 50's others seem to slow down in their 40's. I find it's the way they've always been. Some were always frail and week others full of life beginning to end

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3  igknorantzrulz    6 years ago

When to you, is someone no longer "young" ?

When they get older...?

I think 30 is a fine cut off #

Michael_Knight
Freshman Silent
4  Michael_Knight    6 years ago

I dunno George Carlin poked fun at how we use words in our English Language.. " He is 90 years young....."  WTH  does that mean  LOL