╌>

8 signs pointing to a counterintelligence operation deployed against Trump’s campaign

Category:  Alternative Energy

Via:  vic-eldred  •  6 years ago  •  79 comments

8 signs pointing to a counterintelligence operation deployed against Trump’s campaign

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

app-052318-spygate.jpg?w=584&h=329

The Hill,   by Sharyl Attkisson, May 23,  2018:

It may be true that  President Trump  illegally conspired with Russia and was so good at covering it up he’s managed to outwit our best intel and media minds who’ve searched for irrefutable evidence for two years. (We still await special counsel  Robert Mueller ’s findings.)

But there’s a growing appearance of alleged wrongdoing equally as insidious, if not more so, because it implies widespread misuse of America’s intelligence and law enforcement apparatus.

Here are eight signs pointing to a counterintelligence operation deployed against Trump for political reasons.

Code name

The operation reportedly had at least one code name  that was leaked  to The New York Times: “Crossfire Hurricane.”

Wiretap fever

Secret surveillance was conducted on no fewer than seven Trump associates: chief strategist Stephen Bannon; lawyer Michael Cohen; national security adviser Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn; adviser and son-in-law  Jared Kushner ; campaign chairman  Paul Manafort ; and campaign foreign policy advisers Carter Page and  George Papadopoulos .

The FBI  reportedly applied for  a secret warrant in June 2016 to monitor Manafort, Page, Papadopoulos and Flynn. If true, it means the FBI targeted Flynn six months before his much-debated conversation with Russia’s ambassador, Sergey Kislyak.

The FBI applied four times to wiretap Page after he became a Trump campaign adviser starting in July 2016. Page’s office is connected to Trump Tower and he  reports having spent  “many hours in Trump Tower.”

CNN reported that Manafort was wiretapped before and after the election “including during a period when Manafort was known to talk to President Trump.” Manafort reportedly has a residence in Trump Tower.

Electronic surveillance was used to  listen in  on three Trump transition officials in Trump Tower — Flynn, Bannon and Kushner — as they met in an official capacity with the United Arab Emirates’ crown prince.

The FBI also reportedly  wiretapped  Flynn’s phone conversation with Kislyak on Dec. 31, 2016, as part of “routine surveillance” of Kislyak.

NBC recently  reported  that Cohen, Trump’s personal attorney, was wiretapped. NBC later  corrected  the story, saying Cohen was the subject of a “pen register” used to monitor phone numbers and, possibly, internet communications.

National security letters

Another controversial tool reportedly used by the FBI to obtain phone records and other documents in the investigation were national security letters, which bypass judicial approval.

Improper use of such letters has been an ongoing theme at the FBI.  Reviews  by the Department of Justice’s  Inspector General  found widespread misuse under Mueller — who was then FBI director — and said officials failed to report instances of abuses as required.

Unmasking

“Unmasking” — identifying protected names of Americans captured by government surveillance — was frequently deployed by at least four top Obama officials who have subsequently  spoken   out   against  President Trump:  James Clapper , former Director of National Intelligence;  Samantha Power , former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations; Susan Rice, former national security adviser;  Sally Yates , former deputy attorney general.

Names of Americans caught communicating with monitored foreign targets must be “masked,” or hidden within government agencies, so the names cannot be misused or shared.  

However, it’s been revealed that Power  made near-daily  unmasking requests in 2016.

Prior to that revelation, Clapper claimed ignorance. When asked if he knew of unmasking requests by any ambassador, including Power, he testified: “I don’t know. Maybe it’s ringing a vague bell but I’m not — I could not answer with any confidence.”

Rice admitted to asking for unmasked names of U.S. citizens in intelligence reports after initially claiming no knowledge of any such thing.

Clapper also  admitted to  requesting the unmasking of “Mr. Trump, his associates or any members of Congress.” Clapper and Yates admitted they also  personally   reviewed  unmasked documents and shared unmasked material with other officials.

Changing the rules

On Dec. 15, 2016 — the same day the government listened in on Trump officials at Trump Tower — Rice reportedly unmasked the names of Bannon, Kushner and Flynn. And Clapper made a new rule allowing the National Security Agency to widely disseminate surveillance material within the government without the normal privacy protections.

Media strategy

Former CIA Director  John Brennan  and Clapper, two of the most integral intel officials in this ongoing controversy, have joined national news organizations where they have regular opportunities to shape the news narrative — including on the very issues under investigation.

Clapper reportedly secretly leaked salacious political opposition research against Trump to CNN in fall 2017 and later was hired as a CNN political analyst. In February, Brennan was  hired as a paid analyst  for MSNBC.

Leaks

There’s been a steady and apparently orchestrated campaign of leaks — some true, some false, but nearly all of them damaging to President Trump’s interests.

A few of the notable leaks include word that Flynn was wiretapped, the anti-Trump “Steele dossier” of political opposition research, then-FBI Director  James Comey  briefing Trump on it, private Comey conversations with Trump, Comey’s memos recording those conversations and criticizing Trump, the subpoena of Trump’s personal bank records (which proved false) and Flynn planning to testify against Trump (which also proved to be false).

Friends, informants and snoops

The FBI  reportedly  used one-time CIA operative Stefan Halper in 2016 as an informant to spy on Trump officials.  

Another player is Comey friend Daniel Richman, a Columbia University law professor, who leaked Comey’s memos against Trump to The New York Times after Comey was fired. We later learned that Richman actually  worked for the FBI  under a status called “Special Government Employee.”

The FBI used former reporter Glenn Simpson, his political opposition research firm Fusion GPS, and ex-British spy Christopher Steele to compile allegations against Trump, largely from Russian sources, which were distributed to the press and used as part of wiretap applications.

These eight features of a counterintelligence operation are only the pieces we know. It can be assumed there’s much we don’t yet know. And it may help explain why there’s so much material that the Department of Justice hasn’t easily handed over to congressional investigators.

Sharyl Attkisson ( @SharylAttkisson ) is an Emmy-award winning investigative journalist, author of The New York Times bestsellers “The Smear” and “Stonewalled,” and host of Sinclair’s Sunday TV program, “ Full Measure .”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

We want total transparency.

When did the FBI counter-intelligence investigation begin and why?

What kind of techniques were used?

When will the DOJ hand over the information that Congressional oversight has requested months ago?

When will we see the FISA Warrants?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    6 years ago

Two words for you and, your friends vic, Adlai Stevenson, look him up, it would be enlightening.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2    6 years ago

I don't have to look him up. He was the first modern liberal candidate. You would have been a supporter of his if you were around back then.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.2.3  bbl-1  replied to  NORMAN-D @1.2.1    6 years ago

Pardon me, but I believe your slip is showing.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2.4  MrFrost  replied to  NORMAN-D @1.2.1    6 years ago

That was lame the first 10 times you posted it. How about something factual, Norman....

TrumpHisTeamsTiestoRussia44.png

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.5  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.2    6 years ago

Then here let me help you.

This is what I was referring to when I mentioned Adlai Stevenson. So, the question is, why didn't Trump and, in campaign notify the FBI that they had been contacted by the Russians?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.5    6 years ago
So, the question is, why didn't Trump and, in campaign notify the FBI that they had been contacted by the Russians?

I think you have that backwards. The question is "why didn't the FBI warn both campaigns about possible Russian interference?" Instead the FBI (Obama's politicized FBI) has repeatedly lied to us. We now know that they were spying on a political campaign without any real cause. How did Comey finally admit to the spy? He called him  a “confidential human source.”  In other words a SPY!

And BTW, the mantra of the deep state is "after all, we’re just selflessly looking out for you"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @1.2.7    6 years ago

May I ?  I think you raised a very important point.

I'll let Galen respond...

PS ; I like the avatar

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.10  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.5    6 years ago

I did enjoy reading that BTW. Evidently the Russians viewed Stevenson as many others did. Despite what liberals say Trump had no sympathies for Russia, he was simply flattered by Putin. As President, Trump has already shown a willingness to use missiles in Syria, despite Russia's presence there. Russians have been killed in the US attacks.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.12  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.6    6 years ago
I think you have that backwards. The question is "why didn't the FBI warn both campaigns about possible Russian interference?" Instead the FBI (Obama's politicized FBI) has repeatedly lied to us. We now know that they were spying on a political campaign without any real cause. How did Comey finally admit to the spy? He called him

Obama notified Trump in person, after the FBI notified both the Clinton and, the Trump campaigns of possible Russian interference and, advised them to contact the FBI if any Russian's tried to make contact. So, your statement above is a fail. There was no spy in the Trump campaign, that is another lie by Trump and, FAUX Noise, I thought you would understand by now that every other sentence from Trump is a flat out lie. The professor was someone who had over heard Page and, others from the Trump campaign talking about meeting with the Russians in a casual conversation.

You seem really upset that some of Trump's people got caught talking about meetings with Russians during the campaign, instead of worrying about the FBI catching the Trump campaign dealing with Russians maybe you should be worried about why the Trump campaign was dealing with Russians at all.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.13  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.12    6 years ago
There was no spy in the Trump campaign, that is another lie by Trump and, FAUX Noise

Even Jim Comey has admitted as much:

The professor was someone who had over heard Page and, others from the Trump campaign talking about meeting with the Russians in a casual conversation.

Lol, No he didn't just overhear or just bump into them. Did you know that this SPY, Stefan Halper  " enticed Papadopoulos to visit London in September 2016 with an offer to pay for a policy paper about energy issues. Papadopoulos made the trip and wrote the paper. He was paid $3,000.Sources familiar with Papadopoulos’s version of his encounters with Halper have told TheDCNF that Halper brought up the question of Russian hacking of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s emails. Papadopoulos was suspicious of the question, sources say" .......from the reporting of the Daily Callers Chuck Ross

The only real question left is the one involving Obama's FBI's justification for doing this

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.14  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.10    6 years ago
As President, Trump has already shown a willingness to use missiles in Syria, despite Russia's presence there. Russians have been killed in the US attacks.

Trump's attempts amount to little or, nothing and, those aren't Russian troops, they are Russian Merc's hired by Russian Oligarchs to fight in Syria. When Trump sent missles to hit Syrian bases, like the air base, he warned the Syrians and, the Russians they were coming and gave them enough time to get out of the way, the air base was back up and, running within a few hours after the attack. The sanctions that were suppose to be but, against the Russians recently have been delayed, by the Trump administration and, weakened by the administration, yeah, he's a real hardliner on Russia BlahBlahBlah

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.15  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.13    6 years ago

LOL, your sources are truly biased today.

RIGHT BIAS
These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Notes: USSA News is a news and opinion website established in 2010 in response to the passage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA-Obamacare). The tagline for this website is “The Tea Party’s Front Page”, which indicates a right wing/pseudo-libertarian position. USSA News has an about page that describes its mission. This about page also lists facts such as a 20 trillion dollar debt to prove how inefficient and wasteful the government is. Further, the about page contains an entirely false so called fact that reads “Illegal aliens have more rights than most citizens.” This is false.
In review, USSA News uses moderately loaded language in headlines and articles. They typically source their information well, but many times it is to other right wing sites with a mixed factual track record. For example, they use the Daily Signal and Christian Post as sources of information. Both of these sources have Mixed factual ratings by our standards. Lastly, all articles on this website favor the right and/or libertarian positions. Overall, we rate USSA News Right Biased and Mixed for factual reporting. (D. Van Zandt 12/19/2017)

Bring me something from a REAL news source not this political Right Wing BS.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.16  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.14    6 years ago
When Trump sent missles to hit Syrian bases, like the air base, he warned the Syrians and, the Russians they were coming and gave them enough time to get out of the way,

That is standard procedure. Russia warns us too, although they seldom go where US forces are present. You don't want superpowers warning each other of impending military action? I think that would even scare my friend John Bolton.

the air base was back up and, running within a few hours after the attack. 

So CNN & MSNBC likes to tell us. What would you have liked President Trump to do? He dosen't believe in regime change. As a matter of fact, Trump has sought an exit from Syria and the middle east:

"Days after President Trump said  he wanted to pull the United States out of Syria , Syrian forces hit a suburb of Damascus with bombs that rescue workers said unleashed toxic gas."

The President was touched by those films of Syrian children dying. I think he responded the only way he could have. Israel & the Saudi's could have taken it from there, but you see the previous administration created a void, allowing the Russians to move in, thus nobody else but the hapless rebels care to do anything.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.18  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.15    6 years ago
Bring me something from a REAL news source not this political Right Wing BS.

You are really reaching when you attack the source instead of the well reported on substance, which was lifted from a Comey tweet. Very well, it wasn't hard to find. Here is is from the ULTRA LIBERAL CNN:

" The FBI’s use of Confidential Human Sources (the actual term) is tightly regulated and essential to protecting the country" ....James Comey

BTW Glenn Simpson testified to that fact:

Steele, Simpson testified, told him the FBI also had a source inside the Trump operation, although he wasn't sure whether that meant the presidential campaign or the Trump Organization. The bureau was more inclined to believe Steele's information, he said, "because they had other intelligence that indicated the same thing, and one of those pieces of intelligence was a human source from inside the Trump organization."

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.20  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.18    6 years ago

From one of your links.

Multiple outlets reported last week that a confidential source working for the FBI spoke with several Trump campaign aides. US officials have told CNN, however, that a confidential intelligence source was NOT planted inside the campaign to provide information.

You will notice the part that is bolded the word not, which means there was NO SPY PLANTED IN THE CAMPAIGN.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.21  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.20    6 years ago

Who are the US officials?  CNN dosen't say. Unless CNN can prove any of that & based on CNN's recent history of lying about this President, I'll have to wait for the findings of the IG investigation.
I'll accept the sworn testimony of Glen Simpson until then

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.22  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @1.2.19    6 years ago

They have debased themselves when it comes to Donald Trump. He gets all the credit for exposing them.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.23  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.16    6 years ago
What would you have liked President Trump to do? He dosen't believe in regime change.

No, he likes dictators, he says they're strong.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.24  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.23    6 years ago

You can't answer my question?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.25  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.21    6 years ago
I'll accept the sworn testimony of Glen Simpson until then

Soooo, he's the only one that you will accept then? I guess you have some proof he has never lied in his life?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.26  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.25    6 years ago
I guess you have some proof he has never lied in his life?

Your'e still trying to kill the messenger. He made the claim under oath. The IG is investigating now. Isn't that the way it should go?

Or do we go with unknown "sources" or Adam Schiff running for the nearest camera after a classified briefing to say "nothing new here"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.27  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.25    6 years ago

My question?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.28  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.24    6 years ago
You can't answer my question?

Ok, since you can't glean an answer from my comments above, I'll make it plain for ya.

Trump can do the fucking job that he was hired to do by the American people, the way it has been done by past presidents, he is not a fucking dictator the way he thinks he is, he's not even qualified to be president but, he has the job now and, he needs to figure out how to do it before Russia mounts its flag over the White House. Trump can admit that the Russians interfered in our elections in 2016 and, do something to protect our democracy from another attack by them. If he can't do this then he needs to get out of the White House and, let someone who can have the job.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.29  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.28    6 years ago
Trump can do the fucking job that he was hired to do by the American people

I'll take that as a Ya, he did all he reasonably could with Syria. The rest of that, which is your feelings for this President were already known. I think I'll lift a line from "the Caine Mutiny":

"You work with him because he's got the job or you're no good!"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.30  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.29    6 years ago

Have a good weekend

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.31  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.29    6 years ago
I think I'll lift a line from "the Caine Mutiny":"You work with him because he's

If I remember correctly in the Caine Mutiny, that didn't end so good for Bogart's character.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.32  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.31    6 years ago

That's correct. You may also remember that the lawyer who prosecuted him said he felt ashamed of having destroyed Captain Queeg....He had to do it because the wrong man was on trial....It was -the leadership of the FBI, oops sorry - Keefer, not Maryk, who should have been on trial!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.33  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.32    6 years ago
It was -the leadership of the FBI, oops sorry - Keefer, not

Ha, ha. I think you will find that with the Mueller probe already getting five convictions with one person already sent to prison, that the right people are being investigated by Mueller and, what Trump wants done is the real witch hunt.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.34  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.33    6 years ago
I think you will find that with the Mueller probe already getting five convictions

Unrelated convictions. This was supposed to be about collusion, remember?  Ya, I would have to say the Caine Munity is the perfect analogy.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.35  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.34    6 years ago
Ya, I would have to say the Caine Munity is the perfect analogy.

No, the investigation is about Russia meddling in our elections in 2016 and, the possibility of U.S. citizens helping them to do it, citizens like Flynn, Manafort, Gates, Papadopoulos and, Sessions, not to mention the Trumps. Now, some of these people might be unwilling conspirators but, they are still involved.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.36  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.35    6 years ago

How specifically did they help the Russians meddle in the election?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.37  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.36    6 years ago
How specifically did they help the Russians meddle in the election?

Ask Mueller, I'm sure he has all the evidence or, will have it by the end of the investigation.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.38  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.37    6 years ago

So your other post was mere speculation on your part.

Got it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.39  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.35    6 years ago
No, the investigation is about Russia meddling in our elections in 2016

Is that what it's about?  Many would say more like removing a President from office. Kind of like removing a Captain whom some thought was unfit.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.40  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.39    6 years ago
Many would say more like removing a President from office. Kind of like removing a Captain whom some thought was unfit.

Maybe if you heard it from a far Right Republican it would make a difference.

“I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got, and that it has nothing to do with Donald Trump,” Gowdy said during an interview on Fox News.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trey-gowdy-fbi’s-use-of-informant-for-trump-campaign-was-appropriate/ar-AAxZXyg?ocid=spartanntp

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.41  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.38    6 years ago
So your other post was mere speculation on your part.
Got it.

As much as all your posts concerning this are mere speculation. Until Mueller comes out with his report we are all speculating.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.42  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.41    6 years ago

Look, you claimed Americans helped the Russians, I asked for proof, and you provided nada.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.43  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.40    6 years ago

Yup Gowdy said that. He said other things as well. We will miss him after November. Wait maybe not! I see him wearing a black rope somewhere in the near future

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.44  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.43    6 years ago
I see him wearing a black rope somewhere in the near future

A black rope? You aren't death wishing are you?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.45  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.42    6 years ago
Look, you claimed Americans helped the Russians, I asked for proof, and you provided nada.

Do you have any proof they weren't helping the Russians?

I can show you were Trump's kids met with Russians, Flynn had ties to Russians, Manafort took money from Russians as did Gates, Page gave speeches in Russia talking about how democracy was a bad thing, Papadopoulos met with Russians trying to set up a meeting between Trump and, Putin before the election. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.46  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.44    6 years ago
A black rope

Lol, I gave you a break on a mistake you made once, didn't I ?

A BLACK ROBE!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.47  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.46    6 years ago

I knew what you meant but, I wanted to let you know that you made a mistake, to give you a chance to fix it, thanks for fixing it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.48  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.45    6 years ago

You made the accusation, so it is on you to prove what you are bleating on about.

I HAVE noticed you haven't proven a damn thing, though!

Great job!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.49  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.48    6 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.50  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.49    6 years ago

Source 1. No credible evidence supplied. Lots of what ifs and such, but what laws were broken, and how do they prove that Americans were helping Russians to undermine the election?

Source 2. Nice list of money paid for work. Not sure how that helped Russians meddle in the election.

Source 3. An American citizen working in Russia. Big deal--there are probably thousands of such Americans.

Source 4. ooh, a meeting. How did that meeting help Russia meddle in the election?

Source 5. A U.S. Senator gave a speech that he was paid for. Stop the presses! How did that help Russians meddle in the election?

Now, do you have ANY credible evidence that Americans helped Russians meddle in the election, as you claimed?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.51  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.50    6 years ago
Now, do you have ANY credible evidence that Americans helped Russians meddle in the election, as you claimed?

As I said before, if you want EVIDENCE, ask Mueller, I'm sure he has plenty considering he has gotten 5 convictions already and, has had 19 indictments since starting this investigation, he hasn't been very forthcoming with what he has found and, there have been no leaks from his end, of course the same can't be said of the Republicans or, Trump.

Now, show me the EVIDENCE that I am wrong in any of this, real from the investigation evidence, not some Right Wing wishes.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.52  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.51    6 years ago

So you make a claim that you can provide absolutely zero evidence to support.

Typical Alinsky Rules.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.53  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.47    6 years ago

Touche!

There is one place I think we both agree - arguments have to be won on their merits.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.54  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.52    6 years ago
So you make a claim that you can provide absolutely zero evidence to support. Typical Alinsky Rules.

And, here it is, well I couldn't expect you to come up with anything, since I knew you had nothing but, propaganda from Trump propaganda stations.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.55  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.54    6 years ago

You made a claim and failed to prove it.

Big deal--just another post, another day, same old shit.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.56  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.55    6 years ago
You made a claim and failed to prove it. Big deal--just another post, another day, same old shit.

And, you have failed to prove anything on NT the whole time you've been on here. If you really think Trump didn't get any help from the Russians and, that he isn't Putin's little Bitch and, that he isn't trying to obstruct the Mueller investigation then put up your evidence of this or, go play with someone else.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.57  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.56    6 years ago

YOU made the accusation, so it is up to YOU to prove your incessant little bleatings.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

Nancy Pelosi got an invitation to the classified meeting with Justice Department officials, called for by the President. The democrats had complained about not being invited, so Pelosi got the invite, which she tossed to the partisan hack Adam Schiff. Immediately after the meeting Schiff ran to the nearest TV camera and announced "Nothing we heard changed our view there's no evidence to support any allegations that the FBI or any intelligence agency placed a spy in the trump campaign, or otherwise failed to follow appropriate procedures and protocols"

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    6 years ago

Trump is a traitor.  Those who support him are Quislings.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  bbl-1 @4    6 years ago

Yup,  The most recent   Reuters poll  shows Republicans enjoying a slim advantage over Democrats in the so-called “generic ballot", so keep beating that drum. America is fed up with progressive hate and is more focused on the booming economy. Just keep talking about removing the President.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    6 years ago
Yup, The most recent Reuters poll shows Republicans enjoying a slim advantage over Democrats in the so-called “generic ballot",

That's because they could care less who keeps them in power... friend, foe, they don't care at all. Trump sold America down the road to win an election, now those in congress who still support him are trying to figure out how to play it when....not if....when, trump is exposed for using a foreign power to win an election. Sadly, the far right will be totally ok with it....but that's not a surprise either given that the right totally supported putin because putin hated Obama... 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.1    6 years ago
Trump sold America down the road to win an election

As great lies go, that has to rank right up there with “If you like your health care plan, you can keep it,”. However, the topic here is the counter intelligence operation launched against a political campaign. Any thoughts?

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4.1.3  luther28  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.2    6 years ago
the topic here is the counter intelligence operation launched against a political campaign

There was no counter intelligence operation launched against Mr. Trumps campaign, their bumbling was so overt that an investigation had to be initiated.

As I have said on prior occasions, anything discussed by us mere mortals or the media is speculative at best. When Mr. Mueller completes his investigation we will all know. Until that time we continue with the never ending sideshow and ad nauseam.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  luther28 @4.1.3    6 years ago
There was no counter intelligence operation launched against Mr. Trumps campaign

FACT:

On  July 31st, 2016  the FBI opened a counterintelligence investigation against the Trump campaign. They did not inform congress until March 2017.

"Mr. Comey said the F.B.I. was “investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

Counterintelligence investigations are among the F.B.I.’s most difficult and time-consuming cases, meaning an investigation could hang over the Trump administration for years even though such inquiries rarely lead to criminal charges."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.4    6 years ago

An "E.C." (electronic communication) apparently "was generated by CIA Director John Brennan and passed on to FBI Director James Comey.  The EC initiated the FBI Counterintelligence Operation" and now is the subject of demands by House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes, as reported by the  Washington Post  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.5    6 years ago

Well, yeah, but TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might as well save your facts-they have no meaning when it comes to the Trump-haters.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.6    6 years ago
'Might as well save your facts'

What facts would those be?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.7    6 years ago

Ah, Tessy!

We've been down this road before.

Someone supplies you with links, you ignore them and then demand proof which you won't look at.

Best you do your OWN research so you'll feel comfortable with the source!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2  MrFrost  replied to  bbl-1 @4    6 years ago
Those who support him are Quislings.

I would have gone with traitor, but quisling works as well. 

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4.2.1  luther28  replied to  MrFrost @4.2    6 years ago

Sycophants came quickly to my mind.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

In April, An apparent British agent meets with Popadpolous  and claims Russia has 33,000 Clinton deleted emails 

In May, Bill Priestap, the head of counterintelligence, flies to London for unspecified work.

At the same time Priestap is in London, the Austrailian diplomat, Alexander Downer, requests a meeting with Papadopolous. 

Just a coincidence the head of counterintelligence is in London at the same time a set up meeting leads to the most significant counter intelligence investigation in US history? 

lib50
Professor Silent
6  lib50    6 years ago

This is what is done by Trump and his lie spreaders.  And you are including here things discredited for years! From the fake 'unmasking' to the current fake 'spygate', they are all bullshit from Trump, amplified by Hannity and other far right media spokesholes, Russians and trolls and Trump supporters.  And they are LIES.  Stop the gaslighting.  Everything Trump throws out seems to be something he has done, is doing or would like to do.  Stop quoting compulsive liars.

STEVE SCHMIDT: This president is besieged by investigations and all around this president from Scott Pruitt, the cabinet secretaries that have already resigned, received fantastic levels of corruption, type of corruption we haven't seen in this country going back a hundred years. And what's increasingly clear, whether the target is James Comey, whether it's Director Mueller, the special counsel, the reality is that this president will burn everything to the ground to protect himself, to protect himself from this investigation moving closer to the Oval Office.

Everything he's doing is a strategy of incitement. He's trying to harden and incite his base through the most deliberate, the most intense misinformation campaign this country has ever seen. This president is a serial liar. He is lying to the American people every day. He is making up things out of whole cloth. He is serially attacking vital institutions that are necessary to the security of the country. He will apparently stop at nothing.

There is a second scandal, and that is the complicity of the majority party, the Republican party, in the Congress. The fact is that there is not one of them, not one who will stand up and say that we are a country of laws, that no person is above the law, that these institutions are vital and necessary and objective truth matters. This is propaganda. This is what propaganda looks like. It's what it smells like. We have never seen anything like it. What we're seeing is an attack from within on vital institutions like a person's body would be attacked by a flesh-eating bacteria. And it is unprecedented in America.

NICOLLE WALLACE, MSNBC HOST: Steve Schmidt, let me ask you, there is news -- we started the hour with news of Emmet Flood -- sorry, someone has a frog it their throat at the table. One of the president's new lawyers representing him in the Russia probe attended this meeting on Capitol Hill with the Gang of Eight where they reviewed the most classified information about a human informant. Can you imagine any scenario where [Former Attorney General under President George W. Bush] Alberto Gonzalez or Harriet Miers would have checked in with Pat Fitzgerald who was then investigating the outing of CIA agent Valerie Plame?

SCHMIDT: It should never have happened. On the 1 to 10 scale of inappropriateness, it comes in at about 157. And the real issue now is what's the next transgression? Where is the next time that the Department of Justice backs up because of the whims, because of the demands of the president?

We're moving, as John Heilemann said, closer and closer to the crisis, to the critical hour and the rule of law in this country must be defended. There is a potential, absent any defense of it by leaders in this country, that we'll be living in a very different type of country. For 240 plus years, the rule of law has held in the United States of America. And the spinning of these conspiracy theories, the constancy of the attacks, the victimization that Trump puts upon himself, always blaming someone, this nefarious conspiracy, this is the hallmark of autocratic leadership back to the beginning of time. This is not normal in a democratic republic like the United States. And it should be opposed.

Here are some lies, for shits and giggles.