╌>

Crocodile snacks on internet-famous terrier after years of torment (Warning: Graphic)

Category:  Pets & Animals

Via:  bob-nelson  •  6 years ago  •  41 comments

Crocodile snacks on internet-famous terrier after years of torment (Warning: Graphic)

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

crocodile796x419.png

Luck finally ran out for a tiny dog in Australia known for terrorizing saltwater crocodiles.

Pippa, a 10-year-old terrier was perhaps known for a series of viral videos showing the pint-sized dog chasing much larger crocodiles off the banks of the Adelaide River. In her remote Australian town, she had become somewhat of a folk hero in recent years. But as Pippa learned recently, luck never lasts.

Kai Hansen, Pippa’s owner, told Australia’s ABC Radio that the dog was just doing what she did best: performing her favorite trick for a group of onlookers at the Goat Island Lodge.

In a video captured by one of the onlookers, we see Pippa charging the sun-bathing crocodile, known as Casey, hoping to chase him off into the water as she’d done dozens of times before.

Warning, this video contains graphic content of a dog being dragged into the water and eaten by a crocodile.

This time, though, Casey wasn’t having it. The video shows the crocodile whipping its head toward the dog, before clamping down on it and dragging it off into the water.

“It was something that had a high probability of happening sometime,” Hansen told the interviewer. As for Casey, Hansen says she has no ill-will toward the crocodile; he was just doing “what crocs do.” For anyone following the story, it’s Hansen, not the crocodile, that appears to be the real antagonist.

Who lets their tiny pet chase a crocodile?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Bob Nelson    6 years ago

The animal world...

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     6 years ago

Alligators and crocodiles are badass sneaky killers.

I used to be afraid of snakes till I move to Florida and started dealing with alligators, then snakes didn't seem so terrifying. LOL

I Lived in FL. for 17 years and spent a lot of time at lakes, every lake had alligators, and I always had a dog.

One day an alligator saw my baby playing in it's lake. Before I knew it the alligator was coming after my dog who was playing in the water, I called out to lucy to "Come Here !!" in typical Chow chow fashion she looked at me like "What ? WHO ME ?" and proceeded to ignore me as she happily splashed around enjoying her freedom and the water.

OBoy ...   the alligator wasn't a small one for sure and it was definitely coming in for a kill. I was used to chows and knew being ignored was nothing new, unfortunately this time it may be a deadly characteristic.

Fortunately I remained calm and called out the needed second and third time required of a chow chow to get the desired response, She exited the water and the alligator who was appx only 50 to 75 ft away by now, turned away.

I put lucy back on her leash and, pointed her head so she could see the gater (which she NEVER SAW... EVER !!)  then waited for some time and watched the gator go back to the other side of the lake. I then let my baby back in the cool water to play (Leaving her on leash) watching the gator. As he started in again, We packed up and left. ...  I'm not stupid.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  Bob Nelson  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2    6 years ago

Cool story!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2    6 years ago

The alligator was simply thinking, "Oooo, Chinese this morning, cool."

shona1
PhD Quiet
3  shona1    6 years ago

Evening...Only a matter of time before that was going to happen...You don't ever mess with our crocs and Great Whites....It is not going to end well...As for the dogs owner...she needs a boot up the arse for her own stupidity....

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
3.1  lennylynx  replied to  shona1 @3    6 years ago

I guess this doesn't bother you dog-killin' Aussies much, eh Shona?  Happy Where's Spicy when you need her...

shona1
PhD Quiet
3.1.1  shona1  replied to  lennylynx @3.1    6 years ago

Spicy is probably still trying to climb back over the wall...See dumb doggie Deppy is looking pretty crook these days...wonder who got custody of the mutts....

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  shona1 @3    6 years ago

Needless to say, this owner was a dumbass, a dog isn't a tourists entertainment and, if it is, it isn't smart to make it's partner a croc or, a gator, that's giving the animal a free lunch.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     6 years ago

Yesterday in Florida this women lost her life to an alligator but it seems the dogs survived. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  Bob Nelson  replied to  Kavika @4    6 years ago

Does this deserve a Darwin Award?

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Bob Nelson @4.1    6 years ago

If you live in Florida it's best to be very careful around lakes/rivers/ponds...

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.1.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Bob Nelson @4.1    6 years ago
Does this deserve a Darwin Award?

Oh, hell ya. When you live in Florida you should know better than to walk your dogs next to a lake or, pond and, if you are attacked by a gator and, are walking your dogs, you run, if the dogs don't follow, to fucking bad, get smarter dogs next time.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.1.2    6 years ago

Golf course marshal gave me a heads up on a gator gliding towards me, standing where I had my back to the edge of a water hazard, on a golf course in that area 18 years ago. Kind of a different experience for somebody from the mile high state.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.1.4  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  devangelical @4.1.3    6 years ago
Golf course marshal gave me a heads up on a gator gliding towards me, standing where I had my back to the edge of a water hazard, on a golf course in that area 18 years ago. Kind of a different experience

Yep, there all ya gotta work around is bears visiting your dogs and, mountain lions doing the same, yep, nothing dangerous there.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2  MrFrost  replied to  Kavika @4    6 years ago
Shizuka Matsuki

Stupid gator, didn't he know he would just be hungry again in an hour? 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5  Ed-NavDoc    6 years ago

Isn't there an old saying about "If you're going to grab a tiger by the tail, watch out for the teeth!" Same goes for crocs and gators I guess....

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6  MrFrost    6 years ago

Well, "Fluffy" won't be doing that again. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  MrFrost @6    6 years ago

Got that right!

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
7  JaneDoe    6 years ago

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
7.1  seeder  Bob Nelson  replied to  JaneDoe @7    6 years ago

Did he succeed in reeling in the croc??

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
7.1.1  JaneDoe  replied to  Bob Nelson @7.1    6 years ago

I honestly don’t know. My guess would be he cut the line on that catch.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
9  lady in black    6 years ago

The owner is a complete and utter moronic imbecile for not training his dog not to do this.

As a dog owner I am appalled. 

I have been on many different websites regarding this story and am sickened by "people" applauding the croc, calling the dog a yapper and that she deserved this, and worse of all posting that they laughed at the video showing the dog's end.

Sophomore Guide
9.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  lady in black @9    6 years ago
The owner is a complete and utter moronic imbecile

YEP, end of story.

I lived in Fl for years always had a dog and always spent a lot of time at the lake. Yes there were many alligators in those lakes. But, only ignorant people ignore that fact. 

My dog at the time never even saw a gator. But, I saw many of them all around us and always watched very closely when my dog was anywhere near the lakes. 

No wonder dogs are such easy prey for gators the dogs don't even seem to see them. 

Anyone taking a dog to any lake in FL should be very damn alert at all times and keep a good watch out for gators or you may be going home petless. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
9.2.1  lady in black  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9.2    6 years ago

That poor woman who got taken by a gator when trying to protect her dogs.

I also ran across a video of a scum of the earth poor excuse for a human in Australia who had puppy in a bag grabbed out of the bag by the scruff of the neck, threw into a croc infested lake and watched it struggle to swim and then get eaten and laughed about it.

What the hell is wrong with people?

Sophomore Guide
9.2.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  lady in black @9.2.1    6 years ago
That poor woman who got taken by a gator when trying to protect her dogs.

Yeah I saw that. Poor lady may she RIP. 

After one bad encounter with my dog and a gator. I kept my dog on the leash at the lake all the time after that. I did get a  20ft leash though but I was always on the alert for gators especially when the dog was playing in or around the water. 

I also ran into gators both at work and in pleasure during my 17 years living in Fl. They are nothing to mess with for damn sure !!  

shona1
PhD Quiet
9.2.4  shona1  replied to  lady in black @9.2.1    6 years ago

First of all Lady I know you Yanks are not that sharp over there on geography so here is one for you....You got the wrong country...Last time I checked we don't speak Indonesian here!!!!...Now if you mean the country that is 6,000 kilometres north of here you will get it..It is called INDONESIA....Don't believe everything you read especially when it comes from the Brits...So the "poor excuse for a human is NOT Australian"...so next time get your facts right....You have a nice day now....I will type this slowly so you can read it....

Recently, an extremely disturbing video went viral, showing a young man tossing a live puppy into a crocodile-infested river in Indonesia. In a matter of seconds, the poor pup was devoured by a croc, much to the jubilation and cheers of the tosser (we mean this both literally and as a British insult) and his friends who were not seen in the video.The location has been identified as a river in Belinyu, Bangka Belitung Province. After the video went viral, local police said they were investigating the case but have yet to identify the puppy tosser, nor have they determined when the video actually took place.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
9.2.5  dave-2693993  replied to  shona1 @9.2.4    6 years ago
First of all Lady I know you Yanks are not that sharp over there on geography so here is one for you.

Not all of us are. My best mates are in Perth and Gold Coast.

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.2.6  Kavika   replied to  dave-2693993 @9.2.5    6 years ago

Wait, what Shona...I know where Oz is as well as Indonesia. I actually know were Cooper Pedy is as well. I once skied in the Great Dividing Range and and watched sunsets at Uluru and went swimming at Monkey Mia with the dolphins and drank some damn good wine on the Swan River. 

I also had a permanent seat at the Wooloomooloo Inn in Framers Bay, NSW.

I have photos of me and the kids in Augusta heading for the beach and the Southern Ocean. 

Soooooo I sure as hell know were Indonesia is, it's right next to Rottnest Island....LOLOLOLOL

Kavika playing Waltzing Matilda on his didgeridoo. 

shona1
PhD Quiet
9.2.7  shona1  replied to  dave-2693993 @9.2.5    6 years ago

Evening Dave..Sorry should have put "some Yanks"...Nice to see you again...hope all is well on your side of the Pacific...

shona1
PhD Quiet
9.2.8  shona1  replied to  Kavika @9.2.6    6 years ago

Evening Kavika...Apologises...as I said to Dave should have put "some"...I was wondering why I had not heard anything about this "incident"...explains why....just a small case of the wrong country..But hey she got the hemisphere right...Crikey you have been to places I have not been to yet...Rottie Island....is on the bucket list....

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.2.9  Kavika   replied to  shona1 @9.2.8    6 years ago

Rottie Island is a wonderful place. I loved the Quokaa's there...

It's a special place for sure. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
9.2.10  lady in black  replied to  shona1 @9.2.4    6 years ago

Didn't say he was Australian....just said the story was out of Australia.

shona1
PhD Quiet
11  shona1    6 years ago

Really..."I also ran across a video of a scum of the earth poor excuse for a human in Australia"....the story never came out of Australia in the first place so feel free to rescind it...Never believe everything you see and read...All you had to do is google it....Now what is it that your President says "false news"....and how.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
12  Tacos!    6 years ago

Do I really want to watch this?

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
12.1  dave-2693993  replied to  Tacos! @12    6 years ago

No

lady in black
Professor Quiet
12.2  lady in black  replied to  Tacos! @12    6 years ago

No.