╌>

Banned Terms

Category:  Other

By:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  17 comments

Banned Terms

To my understanding, the word "Trumpsters" has been banned from use on this site, because it is considered "insulting" by the moderating team. 

Using it could result in a COC citation.  What does everyone think about that ? 

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    6 years ago

I think the term is mild. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.1  PJ  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

I think it's in keeping with the current direction of the site.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

I'm an out and proud supporter of Trump's patriotic actions and politics. I pay no attention to his speeches or tweets.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2  Bob Nelson    6 years ago
To my understanding, the word "Trumpsters" has been banned from use on this site, because it is considered "insulting" by the moderating team.

Seriously?   stunned

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Bob Nelson @2    6 years ago

I got a COC violation yesterday for referring to someone here as a "Trumpster". I have since been told by a moderator that we need to refer to them as "Trump supporters". 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    6 years ago

I think it's getting ridiculous as to what is allowed and what is not.  

Certain posters who I will not name get in a snit fit if they perceive you to be off topic and flag just about every freaking one of my comments, even when it's on topic.

Again, it's getting ridiculous.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.1  lady in black  replied to  Tessylo @3    6 years ago

Same here.  I had one flagged for off topic, it was on topic but whatever.  That's why I don't post much on the site anymore, too many flag happy posters

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5  Jasper2529    6 years ago

Banned Terms

Using it could result in a COC citation.  What does everyone think about that ? 

Is another meta article about how we should address each other really necessary? CoC 1 makes things clear:

No direct or indirect derogatory references to other members

A derogatory reference is a negative statement about another member. Often this is called a personal attack. The best way to avoid a derogatory reference is to not make an uncomplimentary personal comment or include an insulting label. Basically, address issues and arguments, not individual members.

Derogatory references can be direct or indirect. A direct reference singles out the target (e.g. ‘you are a troll’). An indirect reference targets a category which includes the member. Derogatory statements attacking all within a category (e.g. liberals, conservatives, theists, atheists, Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, etc. ) are indirect derogatory references.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
6  Perrie Halpern R.A.    6 years ago

This article belongs in Metafied. Please take it there. It is closed in the main forum.