╌>

Trump Appointee Intel chief Dan Coats says of Russian cyberattacks, "We are at a critical point"

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  6 years ago  •  13 comments

Trump Appointee Intel chief Dan Coats says of Russian cyberattacks, "We are at a critical point"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

inteldirectorcoats.jpg

Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats  (Yuri Gripas/Reuters)

Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats warned of an impending, potentially devastating cyberattack on U.S. systems, saying the country's digital infrastructure "is literally under attack" and warning that among state actors, Russia is the "worst offender." 

Speaking at a scheduled event at the Hudson Institute, he adopted the language of former Director of Central Intelligence George Tenet who, in the months ahead of the  9/11 attacks , warned that the "system was blinking red." Coats, citing daily attacks from Russia, China, Iran and North Korea, said, "Here we are, nearly two decades later, and I'm here to say the warning lights are blinking red again."

Related:

1. Who appointed Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats anyway?

2. What are the political leanings of the Hudson Institute?

3.  Trump Sides With Russia Against FBI At Helsinki Summit

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats warned of an impending, potentially devastating cyberattack on U.S. systems, saying the country's digital infrastructure "is literally under attack" and warning that among state actors, Russia is the "worst offender." 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

Speaking at a scheduled event at the Hudson Institute, he adopted the language of former Director of Central Intelligence George Tenet who, in the months ahead of the 9/11 attacks, warned that the "system was blinking red."

Coats, citing daily attacks from Russia, China, Iran and North Korea, said, "Here we are, nearly two decades later, and I'm here to say the warning lights are blinking red again."

"The warning lights are blinking red again".... 'nuff said! :-(

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     6 years ago
Coats, citing daily attacks from Russia, China, Iran and North Korea, said, "Here we are, nearly two decades later, and I'm here to say the warning lights are blinking red again."

And few in the administration are listening. Russia and NK are our friends and can be trusted.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @3    6 years ago

It would seem that if Trump sold America and its people to Russia for 40 pieces of silver Trumps supporters would cheer and applaud him as the greatest President in history of the world. Fortunately, in spite of the blind devotion of Trump's supporters who will approve anything he does, no matter how detrimental to America and/or its people, there are other, much stronger and more determined people and elements in our country that will not allow that to happen. It is merely a dream of Putin and his obedient lap dog, Trump and his blind supporters. 

America is based on a "government of the people by the people for the people, shall not perish from the earth". 

America is not just one person, nor just one political or religious party. Never has been, never will be.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
3.1.1  luther28  replied to  Raven Wing @3.1    6 years ago

I would hope that this latest debacle is enough to get the House and Senate to pull together (yeah, I know and I'm supposedly the king of cynics) and finally put a merciful end to this as it is a matter of Country not politics.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  luther28 @3.1.1    6 years ago

Fully agree. I am an American, and Trump does not represent me. As an American citizen, he not only embarrasses me, but, he shames our country far more than any other President of this country has ever done. 

He has now become an enemy to our people, and they will not forgive him.  

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4  luther28    6 years ago

Well it is obvious Mr. Coats is misinformed, why just today our Idiot in Chief stated it was His belief that Russian meddling is a figment of our collective imaginations.

I wish Mr. Trump was a figment of my imagination, maybe if I close my eyes for a moment............Nope He's still here

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

He is so fired!  Meet the new Director of National Intelligence - Kanye West!!!

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1  Kavika   replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5    6 years ago

I think that Kim Kardashian has a better chance then Kanye for obvious reasons, mostly visual.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Kavika @5.1    6 years ago

Yeah, but Trump loves the blacks.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @5.1    6 years ago
mostly visual.

And she has all the right 'equipment' Trump prefers. And I doubt she would be adverse to him grabbing her by the ........  She would likely feel honored.