╌>

Cuomo rips lawmaker over blaming media for Trump summit fumble

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  calbab  •  6 years ago  •  95 comments

Cuomo rips lawmaker over blaming media for Trump summit fumble

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Kellyanne Conway is fond of stating there are so-called, "Alternative facts" out there. Well, people whose occupation is damage control can come in all shapes and sizes. Behold in the video above, Rep. Chris Collins (R New York) maddening attempts to mesmerize and 'go viral' on CNN's Chris Cuomo Primetime.

"The Breakdown "

If it comes down to what is good for Trump and what is good for you, you are going to lose. — Chris Cuomo

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

CB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  CB    6 years ago

This is what occurs when a "Yes man" is sent out to defend the indefensible. As a rule in life: No one should go out to defend the indefensible. Listen to the video.

See and hear a form of truth molded to fit an "itching ear" as it comes out from the mind of a republican Congressman. I call it, "mangled alternative facts."

You will believe Donald Trump is a man kept pure as the driven snow.

EXCEPT, Chris Cuomo is not having any of that kind of business on his show tonight. Watch for yourself. I covet your comments.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  CB @1    6 years ago

CNN is the most prolific fake news source of all. Face Palm

Even the Food Network has more viewers.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    6 years ago

And you wrote that to say what? I have no interest in ratings or viewers. We all know flies and bugs swarm to cow patties dropped in an open field. It just depends on one's taste in buffet, doesn't it?

My focus is on the matter of truth. President Donald Trump was handed a "blow-back" response for damage control use ("BREAK GLASS USE TO EXTINGUISH FIRE!") from the Helinski 2018: Shattered Dreams© debacle. And the lying president who is giving 'men of a certain name'  a bad brand could not sufficiently follow a simple instruction, . . . today the world still burns and is reeling.

Conservatives, you should watch and study at the video above carefully. This is what should not happen on social media. Donald Trump is going to claw-back all the gains he delivers to conservatives in one manner or another. Watch this space!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  CB @1.1.1    6 years ago

So he didn't say what the left and its media wanted him to say....It's not a big deal and will be forgotten by the midterms. Eye Roll

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.2    6 years ago

Hey Greg: How about those translator notes from the private two hour meeting between Trump and Putin? Do you wish to see the notes made public? Are you interested in what our public officials say to a foreign leader in our "voice"?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  CB @1.1.3    6 years ago

According to the morning news here, the translators may be subpoenaed for the transcripts of the meeting between the puppet and his puppet master.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.3    6 years ago

Do we make public every meeting between government officials?

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.6  seeder  CB  replied to  CB @1.1.1    6 years ago

Department of OOPS!

And the lying president who is giving 'men of a certain age'  a bad brand could not sufficiently follow a simple instruction, . . . today our world still burns and is reeling.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.7  seeder  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.5    6 years ago

Are these public officials in your scenario communicating with international leaders in our voice?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.7    6 years ago

Yes, but that does absolutely nothing to answer MY question.

Well, I tried.

Is it possible for you to answer a question?

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.9  seeder  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.8    6 years ago

"No."

Now, do me, please.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.9    6 years ago

You just answered--NO.

All meeting are not for public consumption. Period.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.11  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    6 years ago

So list all those fake news story's? We'll wait. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.12  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.5    6 years ago

What are the odds that Republican law makers would be screaming at the top of their lungs demanding testimony if there had been a government employee translator in the meeting between Lynch and Bill Clinton? It seems like every time something like this comes up, when it's a Democrat they accept that a private meeting was ill-advised and recuse themselves so there is no semblance of impropriety. But when it's a Republican they circle the wagons and refuse to admit to even the image of possible malfeasance. The double standard of the Republican party and conservatives is almost as monumental as their hypocrisy.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.13  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.5    6 years ago

In this case, the meeting does indeed need to be revealed.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.14  seeder  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.10    6 years ago

Can you answer my question now? TAG!

Are these public officials in your scenario communicating with international leaders in our voice?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.12    6 years ago

You can talk about double standards all you wish.

Is it a double standard that Lynch and Clinton met privately with no witnesses and you have no problem with it, but now have a problem with Trump and Putin meeting?

Is it a double standard that the whole Iran deal was done in secret, without even the consent or approval of the Senate?

tell me MORE how only the GOP has double standards.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.14    6 years ago

Asked and already answered. See post 1.1.8.

Thanks.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.13    6 years ago

That is your opinion.

My opinion is that the meeting between Lynch and Clinton should have been made public, and talks between Iran and the US should have been public.

My opinion carries the same weight as yours.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
1.1.18  livefreeordie  replied to  CB @1.1.1    6 years ago

I wouldn’t take a free candy bar from a leftist like Cuomo, much less believe anything he says

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.19  seeder  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.16    6 years ago

Yes.

Well, in that case, if official policy is in play, we need to know what this president has proposed to Russian officials, i.e, what has been said is in our interest to know. I'd suggest we have a, wait for it, . . . senate congressional hearing: ASAP.

(Conservatives would be setting up one already, if President Obama had presumed any such foreign policy stunt. Of course, I'd venture to say it never would have crossed President Obama's mind to act in having a private meeting with a Russian president and providing no meaning record of what is discussed.)

Republicans ought to define "patriotism" with honor and consistency.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.20  seeder  CB  replied to  livefreeordie @1.1.18    6 years ago

Would that be because you think Mr. Cuomo is not a truthful man, or rather you consider the candy would go down with a 'leftist' point of view?

Really Pastor, in your heart Mr. Cuomo is a bad man? Did you listen to the videos above; Are you being fair to this discussion right now?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.21  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.10    6 years ago
All meeting are not for public consumption. Period.

I'm just glad that our Fuhrer was able to collude with his master in private and that the US has no record of what was said.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.22  Skrekk  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.4    6 years ago
According to the morning news here, the translators may be subpoenaed for the transcripts of the meeting between the puppet and his puppet master.

Translators aren't stenographers and so it's pretty much a guarantee that the US has no written record of what orders Putin gave his puppet.    At best the one US translator in the room will be asked to testify about her recollection of the meeting, but it's pretty much a guarantee that our Fuhrer will invoke executive privilege to block that testimony.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.19    6 years ago

Go ahead with your hearing.

Yawn.

A big nothing burger.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.21    6 years ago

deleted

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.25  Ender  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    6 years ago
Even the Food Network has more viewers.

Fixer Upper on HGTV gets more viewers than fox news, so I fail to see your point.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.26  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.19    6 years ago

Didn't Obama do exactly that with Iran? Having private meetings that no one in the House and Senate knew what was discussed?

Are you expecting Trumo to do more than Obama in this regard, or is your double standard acceptable to you because it is Trump?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.27  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.24    6 years ago
I don't know if people who don't live here should be making comments about the US President.

Here's what the Germans think of our Fuhrer:

Image result for trump flag nazi

Here's what real Americans think of petulant toddler:

Image result for trump puppet

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.28  seeder  CB  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.21    6 years ago

It's stunning and patently inconsistent. It falls under the category: Do What I Say And Not As I Do.

Texan1211's nonchalance on this concern, clearly demonstrates an unwillingness to hold his standard across the board. Shame.

Independent voters of NT should take stock of this. There is limited fair-play in the republican and conservative response to the Helinski 2018: Shattered Dreams© debacle.

This 2018 November election: Vote Democratic Party if you desire "Checks and Balances" on an administration running amok!

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.29  seeder  CB  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.22    6 years ago

There will be notes and remembrances at that high level of communication and translation skills.  Moreover, it is rumored aloud that possibly their Finland host and Russian officials were 'wired' into this dialogue-session. We're have to wait and see just what we can get in our hot little hands! Keep demanding a translator interview!!! Don't Stop! This is a. . .

Defect! Defect! Defect!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.30  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.27    6 years ago

I put less stock in what the fuck Germans think of our US President than I do of malcontents who think the US has a Fuhrer.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.31  seeder  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.26    6 years ago
Didn't Obama do exactly that with Iran?

Don't ask me. Please produce your evidence of a summit between former President Obama and Iran which any significant portion of it is personal and off the record. Waiting. . . .

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
1.1.32  livefreeordie  replied to  CB @1.1.20    6 years ago

I’ve listened to his moronic rants many times. And I mark him as someone who views are less than worthless

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.33  seeder  CB  replied to  livefreeordie @1.1.32    6 years ago

Did you listen to the videos above; Are you being fair to this discussion right now?

That is the operative concern for this topic. Because you can not reply informed if you have not bothered to participate. A model of virtue is expected.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.34  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.31    6 years ago

The whole Iran nuclear deal ring any bells?

You HAVE heard about it, right?

I mean, heard about it AFTER it was agreed to.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.1.35  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.24    6 years ago
I don't know if people who don't live here should be making comments about the US President.

i'm quite sure you've had this viewpoint prior to Trump , right ? chuckle

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.36  Raven Wing  replied to  livefreeordie @1.1.32    6 years ago
I’ve listened to his moronic rants many times. And I mark him as someone who views are less than worthless

And I'll view yours the same.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.37  seeder  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.34    6 years ago

Please produce your evidence of a summit between former President Obama and Iran which any significant portion of it is personal and off the record. Waiting. . . .

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.38  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.1.35    6 years ago

Yep.

I never saw any point about getting worked up over some foreigner's opinions of anything to do with our political system, and often wonder why people give so much credence to what they think.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.39  seeder  CB  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.4    6 years ago

Oh Good! (Biggest smile ever!) I sure hope so. Why should Trump do to this nation what he does to others in his personal life by keeping secrets? That man was on official state business! There should be a FOIA request filed, as appropriate. Defect!

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.40  seeder  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.24    6 years ago

I am not sure why this one was allowed to stand, since it is personal in oh so many ways. But, I accept the moderation.  (Smile.)

However, if you were to square off at me about my whereabouts, I would ask you this: Does the United States gallivant the world over trying to insert itself? That is a rhetorical question.

So, if the US has not gotten to one country or another yet, just give it time. Now then, back to the issue.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.41  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.40    6 years ago

That post was not written to you.

Does it apply to you?

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.1.42  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.38    6 years ago

Yep.

I never saw any point about getting worked up over some foreigner's opinions of anything to do with our political system, and often wonder why people give so much credence to what they think.

maybe it has to do with the planet that we all share ? or maybe various relations among countries ?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.43  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.1.42    6 years ago

Well, maybe it has to do with how much a pig's ass weighs, too.

Still don't much care about what other nations think of us.

When they start paying our bills, I'll give them their just due.

until then, phhfffttt.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.44  seeder  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.41    6 years ago

Does the United States gallivant the world over trying to insert itself?

Does it apply to you?

My whereabouts are none of your business, as your location is none of mine. You could be in Moscow as far as I will be able to verify. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHERE YOU ARE, CITIZEN! The thing is are you speaking truth, and addressing the same to power!

If it comes down to what is good for Trump and what is good for you, you are going to lose. — Chris Cuomo

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.1.45  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.43    6 years ago

until then, phhfffttt.

so you don't care about relations among countries, including economic relations ? very interesting...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.46  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.1.45    6 years ago

1.1.45 Phoenyx13 replied to Texan1211 @1.1.43 17 minutes ago
until then, phhfffttt.
so you don't care about relations among countries, including economic relations ? very interesting...

0 REPLY

Please, don't attempt to put words into my posts which are simply not there. I have said nothing of the sort.

I find it very interesting that you chose that tactic to debate.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.47  seeder  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.46    6 years ago

Well Texan1211, how about that Rep. Chris Collins' defending the indefensible above. Now that you have 'spun' away from the point of the article: Come back and share with me, us, what true patriotism is all about. Truth Above Lies and Liars.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.1.48  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.46    6 years ago

Please, don't attempt to put words into my posts which are simply not there. I have said nothing of the sort.

I find it very interesting that you chose that tactic to debate.

you stated:

which is exactly why i logically went to:

because (in case you weren't aware) - part of our relations with other countries depends on...... ready ?? ..... what other nations think of us. Get it yet ? ... so it looks like i didn't put any words into your posts - they were already present. I find it very interesting that you chose that tactic to debate

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.49  sixpick  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.5    6 years ago

Only if it's Trump.  I'd love to see the transcript of the Iran Deal which was done without Congressional approval and in the darkness of secrecy and night.  Obama never said anything about it until it was discovered and made public.  No outrage there, though. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.50  sixpick  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.1.48    6 years ago

When talking about "Yes Men", I always remember this one and it went throughout the campaign.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.1.51  Phoenyx13  replied to  sixpick @1.1.50    6 years ago
When talking about "Yes Men", I always remember this one and it went throughout the campaign.

i definitely don't agree with "free rides", same level of scrutiny etc should apply to all in that respect.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.52  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.1.48    6 years ago

We have had trade agreements with nations traditionally considered enemies. We have had treaties with nations considered enemies.

Your argument once again falls flat.

And attempting to put words in my mouth will result in me calling you out for it EVERY time.

if you don't like getting called out on it, I suggest you stop doing it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.53  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.1.48    6 years ago

Do you understand the difference between caring about what someone or some country thinks of us and having relations with those countries?

We have had relations with countries who don't like us, and with countries we don't like.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.54  Texan1211  replied to  sixpick @1.1.49    6 years ago

Well, of course not.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.1.55  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.52    6 years ago

We have had trade agreements with nations traditionally considered enemies. We have had treaties with nations considered enemies.

we have, for various reasons because we thought it would be beneficial etc... based upon our impression (or thoughts)  of that particular country in that aspect , correct ?

Your argument once again falls flat.

keep thinking before you dismiss it .. don't sell yourself short

And attempting to put words in my mouth will result in me calling you out for it EVERY time.

LOL laughing dude   let me know when i put words in your mouth - so far you are all ramped up to defend yourself and no one attacked you .

if you don't like getting called out on it, I suggest you stop doing it.

by all means, please keep "calling me out" , i find it amusing . I am still looking for what i've been " called out " for... can you help me ?

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.1.56  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.53    6 years ago

Do you understand the difference between caring about what someone or some country thinks of us and having relations with those countries?

We have had relations with countries who don't like us, and with countries we don't like.

do you understand that having relations with that country also depends upon what the other thinks of that country, especially in that particular aspect. Explain to everyone why we have had relations with countries we don't like - thanks :)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.57  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.1.55    6 years ago

I doubt sincerely that I can help you in any way, shape or form. Help works best when someone WANTS the help and is open to it.

Some things are best recognized as lost causes, so I will be moving on now.

Have a great day!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.58  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.1.56    6 years ago

If you don't know by now, then there is no point in discussing it further with you.

I don't have time to explain the most basic things to someone.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.1.59  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.57    6 years ago

I doubt sincerely that I can help you in any way, shape or form. Help works best when someone WANTS the help and is open to it.

Some things are best recognized as lost causes, so I will be moving on now.

Have a great day!

If you don't know by now, then there is no point in discussing it further with you.

I don't have time to explain the most basic things to someone.

psychological projection at one of it's finest ladies and gentlemen. apparently you believe that our impression of other countries has absolutely nothing to do with our relations with them. I hope you have a great day as well :)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.60  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.1.59    6 years ago

I am not responsible for whatever it is you believe.

Take responsibility for your own thoughts.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.1.61  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.60    6 years ago

I am not responsible for whatever it is you believe.

Take responsibility for your own thoughts.

i never stated you were to blame for my own thoughts - maybe you could help everyone out and point out where i suggested otherwise, thanks ! :) (of course, if i never stated that - then it would have been pointless for you to post that comment, wouldn't it ?)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.62  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.1.61    6 years ago

I never stated you stated I was responsible for your thought. Show us all where I did that, okay?

LMFAO and SMMFH!

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.1.63  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.62    6 years ago

I never stated you stated I was responsible for your thought. Show us all where I did that, okay?

LMFAO and SMMFH!

did you see this ?:

(of course, if i never stated that - then it would have been pointless for you to post that comment, wouldn't it ?)

thanks for letting everyone know your comment was pointless - LMFAO and SMMFH !!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.64  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.1.63    6 years ago

You are starting to bore me.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.65  sixpick  replied to  CB @1.1.1    6 years ago
And you wrote that to say what? I have no interest in ratings or viewers. We all know flies and bugs swarm to cow patties dropped in an open field. It just depends on one's taste in buffet, doesn't it?

I like that.  CNN is the only station in quite a few countries that relays information about the USA, so it's understandable people around the world would be mislead about accuracy in media without other opposing view points.

When one person is praised, can't do anything wrong and if he or she did do something wrong, CNN doesn't report it, while the other person can't do anything right and CNN reports everything that person does wrong and always puts a subtle, at the very least, negative aspect in all their the reporting on that person whether what that person did was good or bad, the viewers of news worldwide from one of the biggest news station controls their opinions.

For example, do you remember who was President while all this hacking was going on or who told the FBI to stand down?  Not much emphasis on that information.  Now if Trump was that person, everyone in the world would know it and it would have been called treasonous and he should be impeached, not to mentions 24/7 reporting on it.

Do you remember who also stopped the investigation of the Pakistani drug cartel that was shut down?  Do you even know anything about it?  Do you know why it was shut down?  How many more drugs came into the USA because of it?  Not much emphasis on that, but if Trump had done something like that the whole world would know and would have been bombarded with it for days.

Most people have no idea of who the Awan Brothers are and how they have anything to do with the Democrats and their computers.  See if you can find anything about them on CNN.

Has CNN ever reported how the head of Obama's campaign in SC went to Israel to interfere with their election on our dime.  Of course they deny any government money was spent in their activities to affect Israel's election.

State Department-Funded Group Bankrolling Anti-Bibi Campaign

OneVoice International aiding anti-Netanyahu V15

A U.S. State Department-funded group is financing an Israeli campaign to oust Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and has hired former Obama aides to help with its grassroots organizing efforts.

I'm not even going to debate where the money came from.  Let's just say if I already have money in my left pocket, then I don't have to spend the money in my right pocket, I can spend it later because I didn't have to spend it earlier.

How many articles or YouTube videos do you think CNN has reported on concerning the Obama White House illlegally seizing the phone records of over a hundred reporters?  What kind of reporting do you think we would have seen if it were Trump instead of Obama who had done that?  Very little reporting if any from CNN on it.

You know I could go on and on, talking about the Obama administration hacking Merkle's phone, all the cheating in the DNC during the primary, the weaponizing of the IRS and spying on American citizens.  There are dozens more things Trump would have suffered tremendous criticism for days when CNN and other MSM sources spent very little on it.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.1.66  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.64    6 years ago
You are starting to bore me

you might be a bit behind... i'm already there with you, but the fact you keep replying does provide mild amusement and i encourage you to keep going - it's helping to pass the time on a slow work day :)

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.1.67  Phoenyx13  replied to  sixpick @1.1.65    6 years ago

i did find this from CNN - even tho it was claimed they never covered anything about it (claimed by dailycaller)  - isn't that odd ?:

now i won't state that CNN is perfect - none of the media is perfect and just about all of them have a bias ( one way or the other ), but i do think there are many things exaggerated about the media as well.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.68  seeder  CB  replied to  sixpick @1.1.49    6 years ago

Please provide so evidence of your 'complaint' for review. More importantly, what President Trump has done occurred this week, so what is the problem? False equivalency?

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.69  seeder  CB  replied to  sixpick @1.1.50    6 years ago

Bogus rhetoric.

These free-ride/s from the media were not given, they were compelled through the Media. The paradox being talked about by Chris Cuomo, he being a son of a politician experienced with the trade, is SIMPLY observing that it, the media/papers/reporters had little else it could do, since reporting and coverage are their game,. Thus Hillary Clinton's disproportionate amounts of unpaid air-time coverage in 2014 was a consequence of her delay in deciding to begin her campaign (looking at the time-stamp of the clip). Still, it is a false equivalency, because no one is appearing on camera in support of her to 'stroke' Hillary's delay, as it is. Specious arguments make cheap narratives. I digress.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.70  seeder  CB  replied to  Phoenyx13 @1.1.51    6 years ago

I will add this to your statement as an enhancement. (Smile.)

Politicians are allowed time and space to decide various features and possible setups for their campaigns. It is a benefit to each candidate when they serendipitously (positive accidental circumstances) are 'awarded' an excess of coverage and reporting—for doing nothing constructive. It is par for the course in politics, and I would think it is similar to 'going viral' on the Internet. The public's interest in the political 'hopefuls' drives the media to talk, show, and report on the possibilities of a campaign. Republicans and conservatives know these tricks of the trade - politics and media are 'sisters' professions. So, this kind of posturing in discussion is 'fake news'!

Donald Trump, even took it one step farther. That man 'milked' the media infrastructure before he announced, during the campaign, and yes, continuously during his two-years in office through his pervasive use of a personal Twitter account.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.71  seeder  CB  replied to  sixpick @1.1.65    6 years ago

You are talking about 'abstracts' at this point, sixpick. Former President Obama is not available for comment, questioning, or charging. And, I do not have time or inclination to fight all the past 'battles' - whether real or imagined-  which take place in the sphere of Fox News. Granted, there is some true reporting which goes on that network (I look in every so often), but there is also a measurable negative commentary ('bent') you highlighted on CNN (questionable) definitely taking place there too.

Why else does a megalomaniac president like Donald Trump list FOX News as his network of record?

President Trump is the man of the hour. Like it or lump it. Moreover, President Trump is a notorious liar. He begins his day telling lies to the citizens of this country? Why are you okay with this? Disturbing.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
1.1.72  livefreeordie  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.36    6 years ago

I really don’t care what you think of me. Deleted

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.73  Trout Giggles  replied to  livefreeordie @1.1.72    6 years ago

deleted

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  CB @1    6 years ago
You will believe Donald Trump is a man kept pure as the driven snow.

Jedi mind tricks only work on the weak-minded

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  sixpick  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2    6 years ago
Jedi mind tricks only work on the weak-minded

I believe you're on to something there TG.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
2  Enoch    6 years ago

Dear Friend Calbab: Thanks for reminding mew with this clip why I don't pay much attention to "talking heads" shows.

More spin than a summer carnival Tilt-A-Whirl.

Sound bytes do not a rational political discourse make.

Peace and Abundant Blessings (Not to Mention Cotton Candy at Summer Carnivals) To All.

Enoch.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  CB  replied to  Enoch @2    6 years ago

Thank you, brother! You are treasure in every sense of the word to me.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Enoch @2    6 years ago

Well said dear Enoch. Well said indeed.

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    6 years ago

Regarding the news coming from legitimate news media the damn go has one consistent message.

"SHOOT THE MESSENGER"...

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @4    6 years ago

The FOX Network is the most trusted news service of all, just look at it's stellar and growing ratings

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    6 years ago

No, Fox is just a disreputable cable news network that is actually beat out by CNN, MSNBC and Network News...

Fox News aired a graph that showed people trust them less than other networks, and LOL

Update, April 9th 9:04 a.m. PT: This piece has been amended to include Howard Kurtz’s clarification that he did mean to use the graphic in question. The headline has been changed to reflect this as well.

In the past two years, fake news has become a frequent talking point, regardless of what side of the political aisle you fall on. And while social media is being revamped to make it easier to discern which sources are credible and which are not, biased news sources have led many Americans to have a lack of trust in the press. Fox News recently demonstrated this when it accidentally displayed a graphic revealing that fewer Americans trust them than the competition.

During an April 8th  Media Buzz  segment, a graphic was splashed onscreen showing the results of a Monmouth University poll question about whether cable news networks were considered more trustworthy than President Donald Trump. According to the poll, Fox News was trusted less than other networks, with 30 percent of those polled saying they trusted the network more than Trump compared to 48 percent for CNN and 45 percent for MSNBC.

Host Howard Kurtz had been discussing a different question in the poll, which asked those surveyed if they felt the press regularly or occasionally reported fake news . After seeing the incorrect graphic, he hurriedly demanded that it be replaced.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.1.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  JBB @4.1.1    6 years ago

That was hilarious!

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    6 years ago

Perhaps Russia will carve its own Mt Rushmore with Lenin, Stalin, Putin and Trump on it. Mount Shame...

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JBB @5    6 years ago

Maybe all those laughable Trumpy Bears will be sent to Russia.

Ender
Professor Principal
7  Ender    6 years ago

Gotta love this guys thinking.

It is the medias fault because they reported it.

SMH