╌>

Woman Tries To Avoid DUI Arrest By Telling Officer She Is "White", "Clean", and "Pretty"

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  19 comments

Woman Tries To Avoid DUI Arrest By Telling Officer She Is "White", "Clean", and "Pretty"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A boozed-up South Carolina woman pulled over for blowing past a stop sign at 60 mph told cops she shouldn’t be arrested because she’s a “very clean, thoroughbred, white girl,” according to a police report.

But Lauren Elizabeth Cutshaw’s lecture didn’t convince officers from the Bluffton Police Department — who arrested her on charges of speeding, disregarding a stop sign, simple possession of marijuana, driving under the influence and possession of drug paraphernalia, a police spokesman confirmed to The Post.

After getting pulled over at about 1:45 a.m. Saturday near Bluffton and May River roads, where she was spotted speeding through a four-way stop sign, Cutshaw told cops she had had just two glasses of wine, according to the police report obtained by the Island Packet .

wht.jpg

“I mean I was celebrating my birthday,” Cutshaw, who turns 33 on Thursday, told the cops when they asked her how big the glasses were for her alleged two drinks, according to the report.

But she didn’t stop there. Cutshaw gave the officers a litany of other reasons why she deserved to be let off the hook: She maintained perfect grades during all of her school years, was a cheerleader and a member of a sorority. Her partner is also a cop, Cutshaw said.

“I’m a white, clean girl,” Cutshaw said, according to the report.

When the officers asked what exactly that meant, she replied, “You’re a cop, you should know what that means.”

The police report indicated how surprised the officers were by the comments.

“Making statements such as these as a means to justify not being arrested are unusual in my experience as a law enforcement officer and I believe further demonstrate the suspect’s level of intoxication,” according to the report.

The officer also noted that Cutshaw, who had a blood alcohol level of 0.18, failed sobriety tests and had bloodshot eyes. She was also slurring her words, according to the report.

Cutshaw was later booked into the Beaufort County Detention Center. She was no longer in custody as of Tuesday, according to online jail records. Attempts to reach her were unsuccessful.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Her main "argument" ,if you will, is that her life will be ruined if she gets a DUI. 

If her life is "ruined" it will be because of what came out of her mouth. Evidently she was let go from her real estate job after this story came out in the news. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

We sometimes hear "white privilege" discussed.

This woman evidently believes white privilege exists. Indeed, she claimed white privilege. It didn't work this time, but if it has never worked, why do people like her believe it exists? 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
2.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago

Bummer sounds like white privilege isn't all it's cracked up to be. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  sixpick  replied to  Dean Moriarty @2.1    6 years ago

And she gave every possible reason she should be awarded white privilege.  Accusations of such a thing as white privilege is just silly.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Dean Moriarty @2.1    6 years ago

C'mon, obviously just a tough paper route

she doesn't look but a few daze older than 12,041 derful days connected to 12,041 derful nights

of age, she has already come of 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago

why do people like her believe it exists? 

Because shes been told constantly it does. 

As you've so helpfully shown, it really doesn't. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.3    6 years ago
As you've so helpfully shown, it really doesn't. 

lol

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
3  dave-2693993    6 years ago

Honest, I only had 2 glasses of wine officer.

Image result for comically huge wine glasses

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
3.1  SteevieGee  replied to  dave-2693993 @3    6 years ago

That is, literally, what they all say.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  dave-2693993 @3    6 years ago

LMAO!!!

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     6 years ago

“I’m a white, clean girl,” Cutshaw said, according to the report.

Yeah she screwed up. she probably would have been better of to claimed to be "A dirty white girl" and proceeded to give the officer a demonstration of "Dirty deeds done dirt cheep".

Cause, white privilege needs backed up by cash, gas or ass. 

All in jest, But yeah the princes discovered reality that night. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6  Jasper2529    6 years ago

Looks like this "very clean thoroughbred white girl" snowflake got a deserved reality check on her pedigree and so-called white privilege!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mo2bxi3Feo 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    6 years ago

She's obviously a pampered princess who has probably been getting special treatment all her life because she's pretty. God knows I've met plenty of those women.

But for the moment, absent direct evidence, I'm calling BS on the most salacious part of this story. We have good video and audio of her saying all sorts of stuff in her drunken pleadings.

But the best part happened when the recording stopped? Only then did she start trying to invoke white privilege? That's awfully convenient. And the police department felt it necessary to release that information but declined to offer proof?

Like I said, she sounds like a spoiled brat, but that doesn't go viral nearly as fast as a nice juicy story about racism. And look at how eagerly the internet mob responded! It's like a shark feeding frenzy.

Meanwhile, the idea that a southern white cop refused to indulge her in her quest for white privilege is pretty good press for the police. Also convenient.

If she actually said that stuff then she's a racist brat as well, but so far I'm not convinced, so I won't be helping to fashion the noose.

Kavika
Professor Principal
8  Kavika     6 years ago

What a dumb ass.