╌>

CrashCourse - A Few Short Videos On Evolution And Intelligent Design

Category:  Other

By:  dignitatem-societatis  •  6 years ago  •  9 comments

CrashCourse -  A Few Short Videos On Evolution And Intelligent Design

From CrashCourse on YouTube

Click to view CrashCourse's entire Big History series.

Click to view CrashCourse's entire Philosophy series.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Dig
Professor Participates
1  author  Dig    6 years ago

Just some relatively short and easy to follow videos about a subject of recent discussion here on NT.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Dig @1    6 years ago

Great find!   Watched all three.   Great explanation of ... actually quite a few things beyond evolution.

Too bad the YECs and ID'rs of the world will dismiss these videos based solely on their titles and in so doing further their own ignorance.

Dig
Professor Participates
1.1.1  author  Dig  replied to  TᵢG @1.1    6 years ago

Really glad you enjoyed them. That CrashCourse channel is loaded with great stuff.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.2  Gordy327  replied to  TᵢG @1.1    6 years ago

Not to mention they try to "lock" down any discussion on the topic, especially when they're losing badly. You are right about them furthering their own ignorance. But as the saying goes, "ignorance is bliss."

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  Dig @1.1.1    6 years ago

Agreed.   One of us should seed others such as 'The Problem of Evil'.   I will do it if you do not want to.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.4  TᵢG  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1.2    6 years ago

What I find interesting is avoiding challenges in general.   If one is challenged and cannot offer a good response, would that not encourage one to do some more thinking?   Instead the typical response employs dishonest debate tactics.   It strikes me as: 'I have no clue why this point is wrong, but it simply must be wrong.'.    

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.1.5  Phoenyx13  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.4    6 years ago
It strikes me as: 'I have no clue why this point is wrong, but it simply must be wrong.'.    

same as "I can't prove nor verify it's the truth - but i just happen to know it's the truth and you are wrong" --- popular argument i have received lately, besides the "interesting" new theories on where God supposedly exists.

Dig
Professor Participates
1.1.6  author  Dig  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.3    6 years ago
One of us should seed others such as 'The Problem of Evil'.   I will do it if you do not want to.

Oh, feel free. My next seed will probably be an in-depth lecture about genetic mutations from the Royal Society, after I've finished reviewing it. I'm of the mind that observable, verifiable evidence of the technical mechanisms of evolution make the best arguments. I'm hoping this particular lecture can provide some of that. Mutations are the key to descent with modification, after all.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.7  Gordy327  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.4    6 years ago

I think it's just cowardice in general. They like to believe they're right and won't listen to anything to the contrary.