╌>

Trump Asks Why Kavanaugh Accuser Didn’t Just Immediately Request Hush Money

Category:  The Zoo

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  6 years ago  •  10 comments

Trump Asks Why Kavanaugh Accuser Didn’t Just Immediately Request Hush Money

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

WASHINGTON—Questioning the actions taken by Christine Blasey Ford in the 1980s following the alleged sexual abuse by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh while they were in high school, President Donald Trump reportedly asked Friday why she didn’t just immediately request hush money. “If this thing actually happened, why didn’t she come forward 30 years ago with a demand for secret payments to keep quiet?” said Trump, adding that a decades-old allegation of sexual abuse that wasn’t instantly followed by her threatening to go public unless Kavanaugh and his family paid her off totally lacked credibility. “If the attack on Dr. Ford was as bad as she says, surely she has a copy of the demands she sent to Brett Kavanaugh or bank documents showing the transfer of a six-figure sum into her account during the ’80s that she could show us. It’s baffling—if he really did something illegal, why didn’t she just demand money for her role in covering up the crime? That’s what any normal person would do.” The president acknowledged that he could see how someone might have difficulty remembering the exact details of their involvement in a six-figure hush money payment made back in the 1980s.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2  Bob Nelson    6 years ago

Ah, the good old days..... when The Onion could do "outrageous". They can't nowadays. Reality is outrageous.

Good seed.

epistte
Junior Guide
3  epistte    6 years ago

I wonder how many women Donald (carpe vulvum) Trump has paid off? 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  epistte @3    6 years ago

I am betting more than we will ever know about.  He may have paid them off, but he didn't use his money.  It came from The Trump Foundation which is funded by other people's donations.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4  Bob Nelson    6 years ago

Republican Party Declares Moral Bankruptcy

original The Republican Party officially filed for moral bankruptcy on Tuesday morning, a move that many in the nation considered long overdue.

In filing for moral bankruptcy, the Republicans will formally attest that they have no morals, standards, or ethics on their balance sheet, and will agree to cease all activity as a political party in exchange for indemnity from any and all legal actions.

Harland Dorrinson, a Washington attorney who specializes in moral bankruptcies, said that, by making its moral vacuum official, the G.O.P. could theoretically break itself up and sell off the parts, but, he warned, “There are no buyers.”

“From Lindsey Graham to Ted Cruz to Mitch McConnell to Chuck Grassley, all of the Republican Party’s assets could only be described as toxic,” he said. “Their breakup value is zero.”

Further complicating such a sale, Dorrinson said, is the fact that the lion’s share of the Republican Party is already owned by the National Rifle Association, Koch Industries, and the Russian government.

“All of those entities are going to take a major loss on their investment,” he warned. “The Kochs have been trying to sell Paul Ryan for months, and they can’t give him away.”

While bemoaning the demise of a once legitimate political party, Dorrinson did see one silver lining. “The bankruptcy of the Republican Party will be presided over by Donald Trump, and no one has more experience in this area,” he said.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
4.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Bob Nelson @4    6 years ago

Good I’m not a big fan of politicians pushing their moral beliefs on others or legislating based on moral beliefs. That is something better off in the hands of the individual. Morality legislation is how you end up with dry counties and blue laws. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4.1    6 years ago

So if murder is OK according to me... that should be the rule applied to me?

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Bob Nelson @4.1.1    6 years ago

Good luck getting the law changed. The morality legislation coming from the Republican Party was always a turnoff for me. I welcome this change in direction from the party and believe it will help them attract younger voters and candidates to the party. Retaining conservative values while changing direction on freedom stripping oppressive legislation will be good for all.