╌>

Lisa Murkowski Admits She Thought Being Alaskan Senator Just Meant Having To Deal With Bears & Sh*t!

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  6 years ago  •  11 comments

Lisa Murkowski Admits She Thought Being Alaskan Senator Just Meant Having To Deal With Bears & Sh*t!
“Oh, man, I tell you what, when I first signed up for this job, I was thinking I’d just be hashing out bald eagles and glaciers and tundras and stuff, not determining the judicial course that the entire damn country will be taking for decades to come,” said Murkowski,

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Credit Alex Wong/Getty Images

WASHINGTON—Somewhat taken aback by her pivotal role in Brett Kavanaugh’s potential confirmation to the Supreme Court, Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) confessed to reporters Friday that she initially believed being an Alaskan senator would mean nothing more complex than “having to deal with bears and shit.”

“Oh, man, I tell you what, when I first signed up for this job, I was thinking I’d just be hashing out bald eagles and glaciers and tundras and stuff, not determining the judicial course that the entire damn country will be taking for decades to come,” said Murkowski, who assumed that upon taking office she would be mainly tasked with making sure moose don’t wander onto the Great Alaskan Highway and signing people’s fishing licenses, not serving as one of the key figures determining the ideological framework of an entire branch of government.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

“Sure, I guessed there might be some more important stuff with, like, all those forests and natural resources and where to drill and such, but the last thing I thought I’d be asked to do was establish a symbolic precedent for how the nation deals with allegations of sexual assault by judges. 

Gordy327
Professor Guide
1.1  Gordy327  replied to  Krishna @1    6 years ago

So, is this the part where she's supposed to say, "I didn't sign up for this $#!t"

Lol

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2  cjcold  replied to  Krishna @1    6 years ago

Is that you Sarah?

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

Seriously, at most, I thought I’d have to have lunch with people doing stuff with the oil pipelines.” Susan Collins (R-ME) concurred with Murkowski, saying she once thought her job as the senator for Maine would mainly entail dealing with, like, lobsters and maple fucking syrup.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3  Ed-NavDoc    6 years ago

This from the same state that gave us Sarah Palin!jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3    6 years ago

It’s fake news. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.1    6 years ago

Probably, but still funny!

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.1    6 years ago
It’s fake news.

Actually its satire. 

(I'm surprised you didn't realize that . . . given the fact that it is clearly tagged as satire).

Oh-- and its also tagged as The Onion.

I realize it may not be fashionable here on NT to actually look at the original article-- but if you were to be so daring, you would've noticed that ....

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3    6 years ago

This from the same state that gave us Sarah Palin!

Excellent point! (because if one person in a state is like Sara Palin. obviously everyone in the state is a bit nutty!
Everyone knows that!
(/sarc)

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    6 years ago

Do not believe the premise of this opinion/post.  Murkowski knows that a very large portion of her vote support derives from the 'Native People's' in Alaska. 

Kavanaugh in his writings and judicial dissents has stated that he would 'reduce or eliminate' protections for native peoples.  This would include Alaskans, Hawaiians and American Indians.  If Murkowsky votes for Kavanaugh-------------she's going to lose some voters.  I am sure she knows this.  Murkowsky is also 'allegedly' a Choice candidate. 

And I know this is from The Onion.  None the less, a Murkowsky vote for Kavanaugh would be--------------baffling.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  bbl-1 @4    6 years ago

Murkowsky always ends up voting as a loyal Republican. The rest is just noise.