╌>

"Their Music Has Been Corrupted"

Category:  Other

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  11 comments

"Their Music Has Been Corrupted"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

"omg, I feel so sorry for young people today. Their music has been corrupted. Their generational culture has been corrupted. Their education, their spirit.... they will never know what the world was before bad people gained control. Its good that there's Youtube, and they can rediscover it here. Until the bad guys take it away. :("

-

STRANGER ON THE SHORE - Acker Bilk

"A time machine would be nice I i would go back and not return"

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

What appeal to does nostalgia hold for you? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago
My daddy die when i was 7... i didn't know him much due to him and mother parting...i only have 3 memories ...his ashes were put in the sea and i fell in love with this song at the age of 8 and when I hear it ..i know he is close . Once I was sad ..away from home and wanted so bad to hear it ...i turn on the radio and the dj said" this something I dont offen play but just feel like playing tonight !! " i am 45 now and this song is were i can close my eyes and feel my daddys arms around me .

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago

I always think of my days in Miami as a kid when I hear the Frankie Avalon and, Annette Funicello songs.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

7ff45445d7df8d0c9153d74d500bcd8f.jpg

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

In 1962 I was a kid, not yet even a teenager, but I remember hearing about the object that the United States had put up in space that was going to allow people on the other side of the world be seen and heard live in America. They even made a song about it, which became a big hit. When the song came on the transistor radio I would look up at the night sky and wonder where the Telstar was. 

One day I was watching the Cubs game on tv with my grandfather after school. The Cubs announcer said people in Japan were now going to see and hear a few pitches from the ball game. The camera zeroed in on the left fielder, George Altman. " Because of Telstar, people in Japan can see George Altman of the Cubs playing left field here at Wrigley Field right now" Jack Brickhouse announced excitedly. 

TELSTAR - The Tornadoes. 

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
5.1  dave-2693993  replied to  JohnRussell @5    6 years ago

I love that stuff.

I remember there was a phone number to call that would give out the satellite crossing times and sky location.  The neighbor kid and I would sit outside on Friday and Saturday night to look for it. Sure as the world, every so many minutes it would shoot right across the night sky.

For some reason, when I was older and read the Martian Chronicles, that memory would always resurface at certain points in the book.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago

Of course when I got older my tastes changed a little,

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Just about every time I look up an old song I see something like this in the You Tube comment section

"I'm 25 years old and think I was born in the wrong time. My generation doesn't make music like this. We make crap." 

The desire and intention to remember the past fondly is an ingrained part of how human beings think. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago
The last paragraph of James Joyce's "The Dead"

A few light taps upon the pane made him turn to the window. It had begun to snow again. He watched sleepily the flakes, silver and dark, falling obliquely against the lamplight. The time had come for him to set out on his journey westward. Yes, the newspapers were right: snow was general all over Ireland. It was falling on every part of the dark central plain, on the treeless hills, on the Bog of Allen and, farther westward, softly falling into the dark mutinous Shannon waves. It was falling, too, upon every part of the lonely churchyard on the hill where Michael Furey lay buried. It lay thickly drifted on the crooked crosses and headstones, on the spears of the little gate, on the barren thorns. His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead.

-

OUR WINTER LOVE - Bill Purcell

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
9  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago

California dreaming

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
10  Ed-NavDoc    6 years ago

Simon & Garfunkel's "The Sounds Of Silence" was a song way ahead of it's time and just as relevant today as it was in 1966 when it was first recorded.