╌>

The use of violence as a political weapon - what Trump actually said

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  6 years ago  •  6 comments

The use of violence as a political weapon - what Trump actually said
The president has called on supporters to “knock the crap” out of his hecklers.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

(Photo credit: Extra Newsfeed)

President Donald Trump on Wednesday denounced violence after a bomb scare that targeted top Democratic figures, but a resurfaced video shows him encouraging supporters to “knock the crap” out of protesters and hecklers at his events.

No nation can succeed that tolerates violence or the threat of violence as a method of political intimidation, coercion or control,” Trump said on Wednesday.

But a Mashable supercut of Trump on the campaign trail in 2015 and 2016 highlights some of his other comments. 

“Maybe he should have been roughed up,” he said of a protester who was reportedly beaten at a rally. 

In another, he said he’d like to punch a protester in the face. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

He said he’d like to punch a protester in the face. 

And in one notorious incident, he promised to pay the legal bills of anyone who physically attacked a protester at one of his rallies.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

Anyone remember what Trump said about this incident?

The US president draws laughter at a Montana rally with advice to 'never wrestle' local Congressman Gianforte, who in 2017 assaulted a  Guardian reporter. 'Any guy that can do a body slam ... he's my guy,' says the US president.

Trump’s comments mark the first time the president has openly and directly praised a violent act against a journalist on American soil. 

It comes in the wake of Trump’s refusal to condemn Saudi Arabia despite growing evidence its leader, crown prince Mohammed bin Salman, ordered the decapitation and dismemberment of the journalist and Saudi critic Jamal Khashoggi. 'He's my guy': Trump praises Gianforte for assault on Guardian reporter

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    6 years ago

And yet we don't have legions of Trump supporters beating up anyone.

Meanwhile, Democrats tell their supporters to harass Republicans and that's exactly what they do.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @3    6 years ago
And yet we don't have legions of Trump supporters beating up anyone. Meanwhile, Democrats tell their supporters to harass Republicans and that's exactly what they do.

Oh well. Not my problem.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

Trump finds it amusing on a personal level, hence why if he were to be assassinated I would first laugh, then just say "he was cool with it when it was someone other than him, fuck him."

Krishna
Professor Expert
5  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

Of course the good news is none of Trump's angry rhetoric praising violence in any way influences any actual citizens.