╌>

Zinke exploring role with Fox News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  pj  •  6 years ago  •  2 comments

Zinke exploring role with Fox News

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke reached out to Fox News inquiring about working at the conservative news channel as a contributor, according to sources familiar with the move.

Zinke’s outreach came as the scandal-plagued former Navy SEAL and Montana congressman is looking for employment opportunities after he exits Interior, as is expected. Zinke is also seeking positions on energy company boards of directors or even with private equity firms, two sources have said.

A contract with Fox would be unlikely unless President Donald Trump asks Rupert Murdoch, the media mogul who owns Fox’s parent company News Corp., one source told POLITICO.

Sources close to Zinke said he has made it known he plans to resign his position by the end of the year. He may have to leave earlier, however, depending on what Trump thinks of the investigation the Interior’s inspector general office has referred to his Justice Department.

The contents of the investigation report remain unknown. Media reports said it likely involves Zinke’s role in a land deal in his hometown of Whitefish, Mont., that is backed by Halliburton Chairman Dave Lesar. The deal and Zinke’s involvement were first reported by POLITICO in June.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

PJ
Masters Quiet
1  seeder  PJ    6 years ago

What?!!!  I'm shocked!  I'm stunned!  How can this be?!!!

I wonder what the results of the investigation against this Trump Official will reveal.  

This has to be the most unethical, criminal cabinet in the history of the country and I'm sure there's more coming down the pike.  

Not sure how this is making America great but it sure is making Donald and his flunkies rich.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     6 years ago

Not shocking at all. He did his best to assure that corporations had access to public lands that were once protected. 

Another crook in the swamp that was supposed to be drained....Sure it is...LOL