╌>

Something unbelievably freaky happened today -- The eerie, devastating coincidence that connects Redskins QBs Alex Smith and Joe Theismann

Category:  Sports

Via:  dignitatem-societatis  •  6 years ago  •  10 comments

Something unbelievably freaky happened today -- The eerie, devastating coincidence that connects Redskins QBs Alex Smith and Joe Theismann

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

BBPQXzX.img?h=449&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Joe Theismann   broke   his   right tibia   and   fibula on Nov. 18, 1985 in a game in Washington that ended 23-21 . The only three-time Defensive Player of the Year Lawrence Taylor was involved in the injury, which occurred around the 40-yard line.

Alex Smith broke his right tibia and fibula on Nov. 18, 2018 in a game in Washington that ended 23-21 . The only other three-time Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt was involved in the injury, which occurred around the 40-yard line .

Full Article

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Dig
Professor Participates
1  seeder  Dig    6 years ago

Cue up that Twilight Zone music...

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     6 years ago

Alex Smith is a favorite of mine. Really sorry to see this really serious injury to him. 

And yes, the coincidence is really weird.

Dig
Professor Participates
2.1  seeder  Dig  replied to  Kavika @2    6 years ago

I like him too. It's a shame he had such good numbers in KC but never made it to the Super Bowl.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
3  dave-2693993    6 years ago

Wow. Not good, coincidence or not.

As someone who has also experienced a complete radial fracture of the tibia and multiple fractures of the fibula, I have a full appreciation of impact of their injuries.

Best wishes to Alex Smith.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5  MrFrost    6 years ago

Not for the squeamish...

Dig
Professor Participates
5.1  seeder  Dig  replied to  MrFrost @5    6 years ago

I think American Football is the most exciting and entertaining spectator sport ever invented, but man I hate the injuries, especially the gruesome ones.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  arkpdx  replied to  Dig @5.1    6 years ago

Yeah but be honest .When there is a particularly hard legal block or tackle, you say good hit and oh and aah and wait for the replay. 

Dig
Professor Participates
5.1.2  seeder  Dig  replied to  arkpdx @5.1.1    6 years ago

Only if everyone gets right up.

Violent hits aren't what I like about the game. I'm not a psychopath.

What gives me goosebumps are things like really well-executed plays; sudden escapes that turn expected losses into gains; long passes that hit running receivers right on the money like magic; and those nail-biting, edge of your seat, no time left on the clock final plays that often decide games (the number of close, down to the wire games is a sign of how well-designed the sport is, IMHO). 

The gameplay is just so dynamic, with so many awesome possible outcomes every time the ball is snapped. That's what I love about it.

PJ
Masters Quiet
7  PJ    6 years ago

It was a little before my time of interest in football but I've seen it replayed throughout the years.  Definitely a wicked break.  I don't think today's break and Joe's break have the same shock and gasp factor.   

Colt's a pretty solid backup but we still came up short.  Just couldn't get a little closer for our kicker.  jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif