╌>

UPDATE: Nathan Phillips’ DD-214 RELEASED – And Shows He’s Not Quite What He Claims

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jasper2529  •  5 years ago  •  13 comments

UPDATE: Nathan Phillips’ DD-214 RELEASED – And Shows He’s Not Quite What He Claims
“I’m what they call a ‘recon ranger.’ That was my role.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

While many mainstream news outlets have been pathologically fixed on researching everything having to do with Covington Catholic High School and The Covington Kids, precious few (I’d wager none) have devoted any resources to researching anything regarding Nathan Phillips’ military service or anything else about him. On Monday Streiff reported that it was mathematically impossible that Phillips served in the Vietnam war, but Phillips’ DD-214 wasn’t publicly available.

Late Tuesday, that changed. Retired Navy SEAL Don Shipley shared Nathan Phillips’ (a/k/a Nathan Stanard) DD-214, which he’d acquired through a FOIA request. Shipley discusses its contents in this video:

He enlisted under Nathaniel Richard Stanard, an “adopted” name, according to the DD-214, but his birth name was Nathaniel Phillips. He enlisted in the Marine Corps Reserves, serving from 1972 to 1976. He never left the United States during his service in Lincoln, NE, and El Toro, CA, and was discharged as a private.

Now, I’m not the military expert that Streiff is, but during my years living near Fort Bragg and Camp Lejeune I came in contact with quite a few soldiers and Marines. My understanding is that it takes a special talent – of the “I don’t really want to do any work” type – to not promote beyond private in four years. (I’m sure I will be corrected in the comments if my take is incorrect.)

Also, his duty status lists “discharged,” not “honorably discharged.” That could have to do with his multiple stints in confinement after being AWOL.

When he wasn’t AWOL, what did he do? According to Phillips:

Wrong. His role was as a refrigerator mechanic, or ReferMech.

When he wasn’t AWOL, what did he do? According to Phillips:

Wrong. His role was as a refrigerator mechanic, or ReferMech.

Shipley notes that Phillips usually says he is a veteran of the “Vietnam times” or “Vietnam days” and hasn’t himself claimed that he served in Vietnam. According to this 2008 “Indian Country Today” article covering a sacred pipe ceremony Phillips held annually at Arlington National Ceremony, Phillips made a more direct claim about serving in Vietnam:

“Phillips also described coming back to the U.S. as a veteran of the Vietnam era. ‘People called me a baby killer and a hippie girl spit on me.'”

Returning to the United States from where? Was he overseas before enlisting? Or is he talking about coming back to El Toro from a trip to Baja California and using vague language to insinuate, but not blatantly claim, that he served in Vietnam?

EDITED 10:03 PM PST, 1/22/2019:

It appears that the Indian Country Today article has been edited recently. An archived version of the article from January 20, 2019, says that Phillips specifically claimed he was “a veteran from Vietnam.”

Phillips-baby-killer-620x109.jpg

Mighty odd that this more than 10-year-old article was updated between January 20, 2019 and January 22, 2019, eh? (Thank you to “ Archer Bowman ” from Twitter for the tip. I shouldn’t have been so lazy as to not search for an archived version of the article.)

RELATED:

Native American activist Nathan Phillips has a criminal record

When he was a teen and in his early 20s, Phillips was charged with escaping, assault and various alcohol-related crimes,   according to the Washington Examiner , which cited news reports from his hometown of Lincoln, Nebraska.

He was charged as a 19-year-old “with escaping from the Nebraska Penal Complex where he was confined May 3,” according to a 1974 article in the Lincoln Star.

Later that year, Phillips pleaded guilty to assault and was fined $200. He also was charged with underage possession of alcohol in 1972, 1973 and 1975, as well as negligent driving, the Examiner reported.

In August 1973, a charge of destruction of property against him was dropped, but he was sentenced to a year of probation for a related charge of alcohol possession by a minor.

In December 1978, Phillips was charged with driving without a license.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/24/native-american-activist-nathan-phillips-has-a-criminal-record/?fbclid=IwAR2cw4sHcGE0GtEZ0rbgmqiiw880MurVR1blUyZME-PgVJp3gLIUvv1LqMg

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1  seeder  Jasper2529    5 years ago

Who is Nathan Stanard, aka Nathan Phillips?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.2  Sunshine  replied to  Jasper2529 @1    5 years ago

Proven liar...

Perhaps him and Blumenthal served together.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2.2  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Sunshine @1.2    5 years ago
Proven liar...

Phillips didn't stop his hatred of Christians at the Lincoln Memorial. On Saturday,  he and his pals tried to disrupt a mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.

Native American rights activist, Nathan Phillips, led several dozen people in an attempt to enter the shrine during a Saturday evening Mass.

Officials at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday confirmed earlier reports that a Native American rights activist led several dozen people in an attempt to  enter the shrine   during a Saturday evening Mass.

In a statement to Fox News on Wednesday, basilica officials said a Mass was being celebrated at 7 p.m. when Nathan Phillips and his group “attempted to enter the building while chanting and hitting drums.”

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2  seeder  Jasper2529    5 years ago

AWOL 3 times in 3 years? Wow.

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    5 years ago

I was wondering when this was going to come out

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4  Sunshine    5 years ago

What media outlets will report this?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.1  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Sunshine @4    5 years ago
What media outlets will report this?

Fox has reported on Phillips' stolen valor. Predictably, the MSM has tried to portray Phillips as a "victim" of white, Christian male teenagers.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  Sunshine  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.1    5 years ago
"victim" of white, Christian male teenagers.

smirks are life threatening

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5  katrix    5 years ago

When you decide to claim your 15 minutes of fame - you'd better be prepared to have your background come out.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    5 years ago

In other words, he has a long history of being full of shit.