╌>

The Power Of Great Music

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  johnrussell  •  5 years ago  •  4 comments

The Power Of Great Music
R&B singer James Ingram, who collected two Grammy Awards and a pair of No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 hits over his decades-long career, has died at age 66.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

In 1991, the 1980's r&b/adult contemporary singer James Ingram released a greatest hits album which he titled , rather self-confidently, "The Power Of Great Music". I bought it on the basis of just two songs, but was impressed with pretty much all of it. James Ingram did produce great music.

He died today at the age of 66.

-

Ingram won a Grammy award in 1981 for his performance of "One Hundred Ways."

-

ONE HUNDRED WAYS -  James Ingram

JUST ONCE - James Ingram

BABY COME TO ME - James Ingram and Patti Austin

=================================================================================================

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/james-ingram-grammy-winning-and-chart-topping-randb-singer-dies-at-66/ar-BBSUZ0c?li=BBnbfcL&OCID=ansmsnnews11

R&B singer James Ingram, who collected two Grammy Awards and a pair of No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 hits over his decades-long career, has died at age 66. The news was shared via Twitter by Ingram's friend and creative partner Debbie Allen on Tuesday (Jan. 29).

There are no details yet about when or how Ingram died.

"I have lost my dearest friend and creative partner James Ingram to the Celestial Choir," Allen tweeted. "He will always be cherished, loved and remembered for his genius, his love of family and his humanity. I am blessed to have been so close. We will forever speak his name."

>

I have lost my dearest friend and creative partner James Ingram to the Celestial Choir. He will always be cherished, loved and remembered for his genius, his love of family and his humanity. I am blessed to have been so close. We will forever speak his name.❤️ pic.twitter.com/TDJfpbbJWa — Debbie Allen (@msdebbieallen) January 29, 2019

The singer collected two Grammys during his career: His song "One Hundred Ways" won best male R&B performance in 1981 and his duet with Michael McDonald on "Yah Mo B There" won best R&B performance by a duo or group with vocals in 1984. He was also nominated for back-to-back best original song Oscars in 1993 and 1994, for co-writing "The Day I Fall in Love" from Beethoven's 2nd and "Look What Love Has Done" from Junior .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

SOMEWHERE OUT THERE - James Ingram and Linda Ronstadt

CB
Professor Principal
2  CB    5 years ago

I am going to sing my way to Heaven on the voices of dynamic singers across genres! I have just been putting off so many tunes from "back in the day" doing so many other things including watching and reading more than 'listening; imagine how clear my ear was when I clicked on and heard "Come To Me" (1983) all over again.

It was destined to happen; we are losing more of the 'great ones' as age and circumstances take their toll. Boy-o-boy! The music lives. Some of these losses. . . are even starting to 'jolt' me, too! I guess, silly me, I just want all my singers I grew up with across the spectrum to stay here with me! How whimsical am I?

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     5 years ago

RIP James, you wrote and performed some really great music.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

Great singer and a really nice person. RIP James.