╌>

BREAKING NEWS: Jussie Smollett charged with filing false report in alleged attack

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  39 comments

BREAKING NEWS: Jussie Smollett charged with filing false report in alleged attack

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Empire actor Jussie Smollett was charged with filing a false report and disorderly conduct after he told Chicago police he was the victim of a racist and homophobic attack, a police spokesman said Wednesday.

Smollett previously said he was the victim of an attack in which two men shouted racist and homophobic slurs at him, tied a rope around his neck and poured a chemical substance on him.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3  Texan1211    5 years ago

Gee, I haven't seen the news today.

Are news outlets now retracting their previous stories on this farce?

You know, like they did for the Covington kids?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    5 years ago

Maybe it's me but I sense a little less energy and outrage over the notion that he orchestrated the whole thing himself. No need for urgent political action. No call for a national conversation. No instance that some portion of the population should feel shame.

I wonder why that is. Maybe it's just me.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @4    5 years ago

Maybe because the majority of the general population isn't in a protected class and don't have cheerleaders in the national media?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    5 years ago

I heard about this on the local news this morning.  if true, what an idiot.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    5 years ago

This story never smelled right, and I never commented on it supporting Smolett.  The area where this incident supposedly happened is very near where the Chicago River meets Lake Michigan The condos , apartments and real estate there is some of the most expensive in the city. There are major hotels there. The people who live there are hedge fund operators, very successful artists, local media stars, and one presumes drug kingpins. And the actor from a popular tv series that is based in Chicago. It is not at all an area you might associate with MAGA and lynching ropes and pouring bleach on someone for racial purposes.  The second red flag was Smolett's persona, which like a lot of show business types, seemed quite narcissistic. It wasn't that hard to imagine him seeking some sort of martyrdom attention.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
9  Sunshine    5 years ago

Wonder why he thought it would work? jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sunshine @9    5 years ago
(deleted)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1    5 years ago

I deleted my comment because it is being superseded by the lead detectives explanation.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
12  Hal A. Lujah    5 years ago

"Alright, this particular hate crime turned out to be a hoax, but let's remember, ALL OF THEM are hoaxes. #Smollett," Coulter posted.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @12    5 years ago

I heard today that in the past few years (I dont remember the exact time frame) there have been 49 hoaxes of hate crimes and 19,000 actual hate crimes.

Those stats speak for themselves to people with half a brain.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @12.1.1    5 years ago
the Hillary lost.

If you want to be intellectually honest as a moderator you should delete your own comment as off topic.

Let's see 49 hoax hate crimes and 19,000 real ones.

49/19000 = .025

That means out of every 1000 hate crime reports, 2 1/2 of them are hoaxes.

Is this really the hill you want to die on?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
12.1.4  Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1    5 years ago

I heard that 18750 of the hate crimes were hoaxes. I also provide the same evidence. Touche.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
14  MonsterMash    5 years ago

Jussie and Nathan Phillips are teaming up to create a new TV show called False Reality.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
15  Hal A. Lujah    5 years ago

This guy was so wrapped up in a life of tv drama that he thought nobody would question a case of life imitating art.  Maybe he should have narrowed down the list of pretend offenses.  Rope, chemicals, MAGA, gay slurs - yeah, maybe in a shitty cop drama, but it’s a bit much for real life.  Surprised he didn’t have them steal his sneakers before they left him.