╌>

It’s not just Medicare: Trump budget eyes Social Security cuts, too

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  4 comments

It’s not just Medicare: Trump budget eyes Social Security cuts, too
“I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid,” Donald Trump declared in 2015.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

“I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid,” Donald Trump   declared in 2015. “Every other Republican’s going to cut, and even if they wouldn’t, they don’t know what to do because they don’t know where the money is. I do. I do.”

It became   a staple   of his entire national candidacy: no matter what, Americans could count on him to champion these social-insurance programs.

Four years later, the president is, in fact, proposing   deep cuts to Medicare and Medicaid. As the   New York Times r eported, Trump’s newly proposed budget completes the trifecta by targeting Social Security, too.

The administration also proposes spending $26 billion less on Social Security programs, including a $10 billion cut to the Social Security Disability Insurance program.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

“I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid,” Donald Trump declared in 2015. “Every other Republican’s going to cut, and even if they wouldn’t, they don’t know what to do because they don’t know where the money is. I do. I do.”

It became a staple of his entire national candidacy: no matter what, Americans could count on him to champion these social-insurance programs.

Four years later, the president is, in fact, proposing deep cuts to Medicare and Medicaid.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

When House Republicans are invited to vote up or down on the Trump budget, it’ll be an interesting test of just how far they’re willing to go to align themselves with an unpopular president’s unpopular agenda.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     5 years ago

What will be interesting is what republicans in the house and senate support this....They better take a long hard look at their constituency before signing on this disaster. 

Oh, and the budget increases military spending...We need that Space Farce.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    5 years ago

Remember when the Trump told the adoring throngs the story about the snake?   Well, can't say he wasn't up front about who and what he was.   Now to explain why the 'adoring throngs' were so adoring...…...that is a ponderous question.