╌>

You can't talk to a man with a shotgun in his hand, you can't talk to a man that don't want to understand.

Category:  Other

Via:  kavika  •  5 years ago  •  12 comments

You can't talk to a man with a shotgun in his hand, you can't talk to a man that don't want to understand.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Perhaps you recognize those words from the song by Carole King, ''Smack Water Jack''....Truer words were never spoken. 

This is a bit of a tribute to one of the great song writers of our time, or perhaps any time. 

Carole burst onto the scene in 1971 with the release of her album, Tapestry which has sold over 25 million copies worldwide. 

The decade before she became a household name, she and her husband at the time, Gerry Goffin wrote dozens of blockbuster hits for other artists. 

It was at this time that she became life long friends with James Taylor and James prodded her to record her own songs and give herself a voice in the music industry. She played piano for James Taylor on some of his tours. 

She finally moved to the west coast and ''Tapestry'' brought her the acclaim that she deserved. 

This is one of my favorite songs by her and the title of the article comes from it.

Here are some of the hits she and Bob Goffin wrote in the 60's/70's. 

My favoites would be all of them. 

http://blog.seetickets.com/2016/01/18/19-popular-songs-you-might-not-have-known-were-written-by-carole-king/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Kavika     5 years ago

One of the great songwriters and performers. 

I saw her live in LA shortly after the release of her ''Tapestry'' album.

Just outstanding.

Click on the link and you'll see the video of each of her hits and the artist performing them.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    5 years ago

I'll put up a couple . Let me get them off You Tube.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago

During the 1960's Carole King was mostly behind the scenes. But she did record demos for some of the songs she wrote that became hits for other singers. 

JUST ONCE IN MY LIFE - Carole King

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    5 years ago

GO AWAY LITTLE GIRL - Carole King

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    5 years ago

OH NO NOT MY BABY - Carole King

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    5 years ago

IT MIGHT AS WELL RAIN UNTIL SEPTEMBER - Carole King

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    5 years ago

One of my all time favorite songs was written by Carole King and her writing partner Gerry Goffin. IMO this is an almost perfect pop record. 

POINT OF NO RETURN (1962) - Gene McDaniels

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  seeder  Kavika     5 years ago

This is one of my favorites. Written and performed by Carole King and James Taylor. 

Taylor won a grammy for ''Best Male Vocal Performance'' and King won a grammy for ''Song of the Year''.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  seeder  Kavika     5 years ago

Up on the Roof, written by Carole King and Gerry Goffin. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Oh Carol” is an international hit written by Neil Sedaka in 1958 about his girlfriend, Carole Klein, later to become Carole King. The song reached no. 9 in the American charts in 1959.

OH CAROL - Neil Sedaka

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Carole King didn't write many protest songs, but this was one. 

EVENTUALLY -  Carole King

Enoch
Masters Quiet
8  Enoch    5 years ago

Dear Brother Kavika: I am a huge Carole King fan.

Thanks for posting.

E.