╌>

Left Vows To Topple Patriarchy By Allowing Biological Males To Dominate Women's Sports

Category:  The Zoo

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  15 comments

Left Vows To Topple Patriarchy By Allowing Biological Males To Dominate Women's Sports

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

U.S.—Declaring that "the future is female" and that they would "no longer bow to toxic male faux-dominance," Americans on the left of the political spectrum solemnly vowed Saturday to topple the Patriarchy once and for all by allowing biological males to dominate all women's sports.

"The Patriarchy needs to be smashed, women need to be empowered, and men who identify as women need to be active in women's contact sports!" one Portland LGBT activist told reporters. "Once every single female sport in America is utterly dominated by biological males who identify as women, the criminal hierarchy of men utterly dominating all aspects of life will be broken---this is not hard!"

"Not allowing men who identify as women to participate in women's sports is patriarchal oppression, and probably transphobic, or maybe sexist, we think?" she added sternly.

Questioned about CeCe Telfer---formerly Craig Telfer---the biologically male NCAA runner who went from a ranking of 390th to becoming national champion in one year after identifying as transgender and switching from competing against men to competing against women, the activist said "what CeCe has done is affirming and marvelous."

"Crushing the hopes and dreams of females who've trained their whole lives only to be suddenly forced to compete against physically superior biological males is the perfect way to uplift women."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    5 years ago

The sad part is this isn't satirical to some.   Next to free college allowing men to compete in womens sports is one of the crazier things the progressive left has proposed for awhile.

However, the way things are going, it won't take them long to do worse.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    5 years ago
"what CeCe has done is affirming and marvelous."

No, it's not. What it did to the actual female athletes she "competed" against and what it does to younger girls dreaming of fair competition in the future is actually kind of awful.

I don't fault CeCe for the transition. If that's what she had to do for herself, then Godspeed. But if you're an athlete with a sense of fair play, I don't understand how you could inflict this upon the biologically female athletes who are competing in a forum set aside for them so that they could enjoy a fair playing field. I don't understand how - knowing you had 21 years to develop as a male - you can inject yourself into their competition and then be proud of yourself for being crowned national champion.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1  epistte  replied to  Tacos! @3    5 years ago
No, it's not. What it did to the actual female athletes she "competed" against and what it does to younger girls dreaming of fair competition in the future is actually kind of awful. I don't fault CeCe for the transition. If that's what she had to do for herself, then Godspeed. But if you're an athlete with a sense of fair play, I don't understand how you could inflict this upon the biologically female athletes who are competing in a forum set aside for them so that they could enjoy a fair playing field. I don't understand how - knowing you had 21 years to develop as a male - you can inject yourself into their competition and then be proud of yourself for being crowned national champion.

I understand how you feel, but do you believe that CIS females will fare better against transmen who were born female but are now living as a male and take large doses of testosterone to transition their bodies prior to surgery? 

If trans females are forced to compete against CIS males then transmen would be forced to compete against CIS females.   That to me isn't a better solution.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  epistte @3.1    5 years ago
do you believe that CIS females will fare better against transmen who were born female but are now living as a male

Why would a trans man seek to compete against cis females? He should compete against cis males and as long as his testosterone was within normal parameters, he wouldn't have an unfair advantage.

If trans females are forced to compete against CIS males then transmen would be forced to compete against CIS females.

Why? There is a reason for the sexual segregation of sport. You're talking about a mindless type of equality with no purpose other than just to be able to label something as equal. It's like saying men should have to wear bras because women wear bras. Men and women are physically different and it's not sensible to say that everything should be set up the same for them in all situations.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.2  epistte  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.1    5 years ago
Why would a trans man seek to compete against cis females? He should compete against cis males and as long as his testosterone was within normal parameters, he wouldn't have an unfair advantage.

If a trans female, who was born male, has to compete against males then a transmale, who was born female has to compete against females. 

The trans female has estrogen and testosterone levels that are equal to CIS females, so she should be competing against other females.

Unless you want to argue in favor of separate transgender athletic leagues, but separate but equal has been struck down by the courts many times as inherently unequal.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  epistte @3.1.2    5 years ago
If a trans female, who was born male, has to compete against males then a transmale, who was born female has to compete against females. 

Why?

The trans female has estrogen and testosterone levels that are equal to CIS females

In some cases, that's true. That's what we would hope for, at minimum. However, hormone levels alone are not the only advantages a male athlete has over a female.

Unless you want to argue in favor of separate transgender athletic leagues

If the numbers were significant enough, that might be a solution. Unfortunately, they aren't.

separate but equal has been struck down by the courts many times as inherently unequal

That really isn't applicable to this situation. You're talking about whether or not an irrelevant factor like skin color has any baring on what drinking fountain a person uses or where they sit on a bus. That has nothing to do with athletic competition and how it is impacted by the very significant and relevant differences between the sexes.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.4  epistte  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.3    5 years ago
Why?

That is the only reasonable alternative unless you want both trans men and trans females to compete as males but that isn't fair to one gender or the other.

If trans-females are still males then trans men are still females and must compete as such. Alternately if you believe that trans females are females than trans males must be male and should compete with other males. You cannot pick and choose because it suits your personal beliefs. You must be consistent.

If the trans females do not have corrected female estrogen and testosterone levels for a minimum of 6 months then they should not be competing with females.  The same applies to trans' males with male testosterone and estogen levels.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.5  Tacos!  replied to  epistte @3.1.4    5 years ago
that isn't fair to one gender or the other.

What's not fair about it? The goal is fair competition, not "everybody gets to play wherever they want."

If trans-females are still males then trans men are still females

You are ignoring the important differences between them. The trans females have inherent advantages. They are often very easy to see. The trans males have no advantage unless their T-count is unreasonably high.

You cannot pick and choose because it suits your personal beliefs.

That's a laugh! You're the one making rules based on your beliefs. You refuse to address the issue of fair competition. That is - and always has been - the goal of creating separate athletic opportunities for women, and it's the thing I am focused on. Your vague concept of fair is limited to all the trans people getting to do whatever they want. That isn't always possible. 

If I was born with one hand or I lost one in an accident, but I want to box, you can't just graft a steel hand onto the end of my arm and set me loose. I would have an unfair advantage.

If a man cannot compete with other men because he starts estrogen treatments, that is his personal problem. But if a man dominates women because he developed as a man, that's unfair to the whole population taking part. If a trans female wants to play sports, then maybe he should hold off on making the change. He can still play sports. He'll just be doing it as the male he was born as.

The same applies to trans' males with male testosterone and estogen levels.

The situations of trans male and trans female are not interchangeable. No one is ever going to care about the hormone levels of a trans man unless his testosterone exceeds what would be normal for a cis man.