╌>

RoyalTea Candles: My Daughter's and Her Boyfriends Start Up Business by Perrie Halpern

Category:  Other

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  9 years ago  •  17 comments

RoyalTea Candles: My Daughter's and Her Boyfriends Start Up Business by Perrie Halpern

When my daughter Cat, came home from school a bit burnt out from the rigours of Johns Hopkins, we encouraged her to do something with the year she decided to take off. The first thing she did, was find a really lovely young man, Andrew, or Andy as we call him. They both had a lot in common, and having a business head was one of these things. While Cat was busy tutoring students at a math tutoring center, Andy and she began to come up with a business idea, RoyalTea Candles. Before they knew it, they were selling candles as quickly as they could make them. The local cable company FIOS, heard about them, and decided that they were worth doing a interview with. Here is the video that aired this week on their Long Island station. video platform video management video solutions video player

I have to say, that I am one proud mom. BTW, in case you want to buy a candle, their ad is on the front page on the left hand side. Just click on the link to go to their site.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     9 years ago

Great article, the kids are doing their thing.

''Proud mom and pop''...Smile.gif

BTW, it's nice to see the ''Big Chief'' and his Princess.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
link   Robert in Ohio    9 years ago

Great story of hard work and success and all while studying pre-med and psychology and doing well at that as well I bet.

Your should be a proud mom and they should be proud of themselves!

Thanks for sharing a very uplifting story

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    9 years ago

Wow! What a lovely interview!

Were those your parents? They looked like very nice people and I know they are proud of Cat, too!

Well, I wish them the very best of luck-- and know they are going to be a success!

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    9 years ago

Taking a cheap commodity [candles] and turning into a high priced custom made rarity ... genius ! I wish them lots of luck with their endeavor ... although with this amount of cleverness they may not need luck .

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    9 years ago

Very, very cool! Arlene looked them up on Etsy, Pintrest,... says they have great reviews and is ordering as I type. Cat reminds us so much of you Perrie,sharingmomma's beauty and intelligence. You should be proud; they are about as cute a couple as can be!

:~)

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     9 years ago

Stop it Larry. Perrie's head willget so big, she won't be able to get through a door.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    9 years ago

Dad doesn't like candles ever since my friends house almost burned down from her candle habit. Mom is indifferent. (hey but the joy of having daughters is that they always blame mom). They have been doing well, I am glad to say!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

RIO,

I knew if there was any member here who would love a story about entrepreneurial spirit, it would be you! I am a proud mom. She's back at school now, but they seem to be able to keep the business going...

And I have to say that Andy is one hard working guy. Totally self made... was in the coast guard.. now goes to my old alma mater, Queens College... City University of New York, where you can still get a 4 year degree for $6,000 a year. Of course Andy goes for free under the GI bill. I know that is one of your favorite topics, too.... bargain educations! (When I went it was a $1,000/year)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Thanks Dowser,

No those were Matt's mom and dad. They are sweet and very active for people in their late 80's

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Thanks Petey! They are a cleaver twosome and they are always thinking of new ways to make money. They really are busy little beavers.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Thanks Randy! And yes they do work well together!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Larry,

You are too kind and that is so sweet of Arlene! Send her my love!

The funny thing about having identical twins is that people will say that they look so much alike and then say that one looks like me and the other like Matt. I think that Cat sounds more like me and has my expressions.. but it's hard for me to tell.

And I am proud of her... for now3.gif

And they are a cute couple.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Nah... I just managed to get it in the doorway... so no worries! Hee hee!

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
link   Robert in Ohio    9 years ago

Perrie

I was struck by how, whether in business, their educationor just in life, this young couple simply projects confidence and hope for the future and that should inspire everyone that as they always have been, better days are ahead.

LoneRanger01
Freshman Silent
link   LoneRanger01    9 years ago

I wih them the best in their indevers, ....I also can understand how fire would be a concern and a reason not to like candles. But, there is also another reason to have an adversion to candles or just plain old wax.

Picture if you will a young couple drinking a fine wine and getting ready for a night of romance. They decide to spice thing up a notch with some waxing. Not thinking the event out in advance they make due with what they have on hand, crayons and candles. Not to go into any gory details, but it is safe to say that because they were not professional waxmatolygists nothing good came from the evening. In fact when crayons and candles are seen by the two sex is often off the table for at least a week.....

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man    9 years ago

And I am proud of her... for now

Well your a mother, it's expected. But the love shows.

Any one tell ya your a great mom?

It shows...

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   Nona62    9 years ago

Good for them! I wish them both the best of luck!!