╌>

Exclusive: Second homicide identified in string of deaths at VA hospital; family 'floored' Donovan Slack, USA TODAY

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sandy-2021492  •  5 years ago  •  5 comments

Exclusive: Second homicide identified in string of deaths at VA hospital; family 'floored' Donovan Slack, USA TODAY

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

When federal investigators contacted the Shaw family at their farm in rural West Virginia last winter, they had an unusual request: They wanted to exhume the body of George Nelson Shaw, Sr., who had died several months earlier, to examine his body for foul play.

The family had thought his death was suspicious. They didn’t understand how in just a few weeks the retired Air Force veteran had gone from bowling to hospice at the local VA medical center. 

Last month, investigators returned to the 111-acre farm to tell the family what they had learned: Shaw had not died of natural causes. He had been killed – one of a string of suspicious deaths at the hospital.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1  seeder  sandy-2021492    5 years ago

My sister did a rotation at this hospital during her training as a physician assistant.  If my father ever seeks care from a VA, this would be one of the closest hospitals to him.  This hits close to home for me.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
1.1  Enoch  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1    5 years ago

Vigorous investigation and aggressive prosecution is in order here.

We owe it to those who served.

We owe it to all who enter a healing and care facility.

Time to start paying that bill.

Thanks for posting this important article.

Without trust, there is nothing.

With it, mountains can be moved.

P&AB.

Enoch.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.1  seeder  sandy-2021492  replied to  Enoch @1.1    5 years ago
Vigorous investigation and aggressive prosecution is in order here.

Unfortunately, I imagine it will be difficult to determine who actually administered the injections.  In a chaotic situation like a code, so many people are in and out of a room, and so many people are administering legitimately needed meds that to pinpoint which person gave the insulin will be difficult.

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
1.1.2  JaneDoe  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.1    5 years ago
Unfortunately, I imagine it will be difficult to determine who actually administered the injections

From the seeded article

Authorities are investigating a "person of interest" in the case, according to the office of U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin, D-West Virginia

Hopefully they will figure out who did it. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.3  seeder  sandy-2021492  replied to  JaneDoe @1.1.2    5 years ago

I hope so, before it happens again.