'He's losing his s---': Trump's advisers are increasingly worried about his mental state following days of erratic behavior
Via: krishna • 3 months ago • 65 comments
Trump said he skipped a diplomatic trip to monitor Hurricane Dorian. Then he spent the weekend golfing.
- President Donald Trump's aides and confidants are concerned about his mental state after days of erratic behavior and wild outbursts.
- "His mood changes from one minute to the next based on some headline or tweet, and the next thing you know his entire schedule gets tossed out the window because he's losing his s---," one former White House official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal conversations about the president, told Insider.
- Trump has spent the past several days fixated on his false claim that Alabama was going to be hit by Hurricane Dorian. He has also taken time to lob attacks at his perceived enemies, like the actress Debra Messing, former FBI Director James Comey, and the "LameStream media."
- "He's deteriorating in plain sight," one Republican strategist who is in frequent contact with the White House told Insider on Friday.
- But one person who was close to Trump's legal team during the Russia investigation told Insider his public statements were "nothing compared to what he's like behind closed doors."
"He's like a bull seeing red," this person added. "There's just no getting through to him, and you can kiss your plans for the day goodbye because you're basically stuck looking after a 4-year-old now. "