╌>

This Japanese Artist Creates Hats For Cats Made From Their Own Hair

Category:  Pets & Animals

Via:  loretta-mashkawidee-kemsley  •  5 years ago  •  27 comments

This Japanese Artist Creates Hats For Cats Made From Their Own Hair
funky and stylish cat hats were created by a Japanese couple

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

If you’re a cat owner, you probably know that if there’s one things cats hate, it’s accessories. As much as we’d like to turn our cats into little cowboys or Santas, the hats fly off of their heads faster than you can blink. So imagine our surprise when we came across these cats calmly posing and rocking adorable furry hats!

These funky and stylish cat hats were created by a Japanese couple – photographer Ryo Yamazaki with his wife Hiromi – and are actually made from the cats’ own shed hair. The three handsome models, Nyaa, Mar and Mugi, seem to love posing with all sorts of hats from little aviator helmets to fancy Victorian wigs – check them out in the gallery below!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley
Professor Participates
1  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley    5 years ago

Thought this would be fun for cat lovers. I'm not sure how they get the cats to wear them.

There's at least a dozen different photos and hats at the enclosed link.

If someone wants to repost this into a cat group, feel free.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley @1    5 years ago

If I tried to put one of those on my two cats, they would probably wind up defiled by them just to get even with me...

Professor Participates
1.1.1  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1    5 years ago

lol. Same here or I'd end up with some pretty rivers of bright red fluids draining freely from my veins. I've always had cats in my life and can't think of a single one that would have tolerated those hats.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley @1.1.1    5 years ago

Yep, cats in general are much smarter and more cunning than people give them credit for.

Professor Participates
1.1.3  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.2    5 years ago

I love cats because of who they are. They are smart and cunning, as you said. That's part of what I love about them.

I've never understood the argument where we supposedly have to choose between dogs and cats. I've lived with both my entire life. Each one has been special in their own right, and they get along just fine, so why should anyone have to choose?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

Oh wow, those are amazing in detail and whimsical. 

Those kitties are British short hairs and they have very dense fur, so I bet they could do more with their fur than with the average short haired cat. 

Professor Participates
2.1  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2    5 years ago

I wondered what breed they were. I love cats but don't know much about the breeds. My cats have always been the cat equivalent of mutts

Those cats are certainly patient.

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
3  Transyferous Rex    5 years ago

Hats for cats...keep cats warm.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
4  Freefaller    5 years ago

Just a personal observation but had I ever tried to dress up my old cat she would have taken my hand off at the elbow.  I wouldn't have though because I believe dressing up pets is dumb, seriously they're pets not dollies

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1  Sunshine  replied to  Freefaller @4    5 years ago

It is used to be only children dressed up their pets.  Is this a trend toward where our society is headed? jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  Freefaller  replied to  Sunshine @4.1    5 years ago
Is this a trend toward where our society is headed?

Not sure, maybe dressing up our house plants?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5  MrFrost    5 years ago

I gave up trying to get my cats to even wear collars. On a slightly related note, I adopted two kittens last week, Duncan and Denver. They are twins, roughly 3 months old. 

512 512

And yes, the arm of the chair has been mauled many times by many cats. I gave up trying to stop them.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.1  katrix  replied to  MrFrost @5    5 years ago

Aww, how cute. My vet told me not to put collars on my cats - too much chance of them strangling, even with breakaway collars.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  katrix @5.1    5 years ago

Everytime I put a break away collar on Stubby the neighbors found it and put it in the mailbox. I gave up

Professor Participates
5.1.2  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley  replied to  katrix @5.1    5 years ago
My vet told me not to put collars on my cats - too much chance of them strangling,

That's true. I don't leave collars or halters on any of the animals that live with me for that reason. I saw a dog dead from a collar and a young colt dead from a halter. Both got hung up in a fence (different times). Awful way to die and such a waste.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1.1    5 years ago

These are the same pics I sent in the note, so now ya got them either way.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  katrix @5.1    5 years ago

I had to put collars on these two since they are identical, just until I get their names straight. I've had people tell me that cats don't actually know their names anyway but I disagree. I think they know their names, they just don't give a shit that a lowly human is wanting their attention. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @5.1.4    5 years ago

Oh, they know their names especially when the name is preceded by "goddammit!"

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
5.2  Freefaller  replied to  MrFrost @5    5 years ago

Another case of what's theirs is theirs and what's yours is theirs

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @5    5 years ago

There they are!!!!!!!!!!!!

How precious!

Professor Participates
5.4  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley  replied to  MrFrost @5    5 years ago
the arm of the chair has been mauled many times by many cats

One of the prices we pay. I got them to cut down on mauling the furniture by buying an area rug that was perfect for sharpening claws. I've never had a cat that uses the things you buy for that purpose, but they love this rug. That's the only thing that works so far, and that's not foolproof.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley @5.4    5 years ago

My cats were always good about using their towers

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
5.4.2  Freefaller  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.4.1    5 years ago

My cat preferred my arm:)

Professor Participates
5.5  seeder  Loretta Mashkawide'e Kemsley  replied to  MrFrost @5    5 years ago

Duncan and Denver are huge for three months. Can't wait to see how big they are when they're grown.