╌>

Stoned drivers are a lot safer than drunk ones, new federal data show - The Washington Post

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  9 years ago  •  10 comments

Stoned drivers are a lot safer than drunk ones, new federal data show - The Washington Post

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    9 years ago

So, should we all assume that we're safe to blaze one and go for a joyride whenever the whimsy strikes us? Absolutely not. There's plenty of evidence showing that marijuana use impairs key driving skills . If you get really stoned and then get behind the wheel, you're asking for trouble.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    9 years ago
I remember once when I was in my late teens, I was driving home from a friend's with a nice mellow buzz. I was approaching an intersection and had the right of way to go straight through it. Some old lady coming in the opposite direction decided to turn left right in front of me. I cooly applied the brakes in plenty of time to avoid an accident, but I'll never forget the look on her passenger's face. The passenger threw her hands up in front of her face to protect herself from being T-boned. She looked scared to death. It was hilarious. That's when it sunk in with me, that weed doesn't make people drive worse. If I were stone cold sober, I would probably have had the same reaction as that passenger.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
link   Robert in Ohio    9 years ago

Would it not be exponentially safer if we had none or greatly fewer of both?

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    9 years ago

I'm looking forward to the self driving cars that are now in development.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide

Yeah, to be programmed by Techs either drunk or stoned!

Smile.gif

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    9 years ago

I think we need more data. Was it a sativa or indica. Indica can make you drowsy and sativas can perk you up. If its butane honey oil or shatter at 90% thc it's probably best not to drive.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide

I still desire to not be around or encounter individuals who are drunk or stoned, whether in cars or out

But that is just me

ArkansasHermit
Freshman Silent
link   ArkansasHermit    9 years ago

Stoned drivers are a lot safer than drunk ones, new federal data show

Old news to this ole hippie.

Somewhere around69 or 70 I turned in a High School term paper that came to the same conclusion, based on the research insurance companies hadbeen compiling since the30's, (amazing what could be found in a small town library back in the day :-).

I had decided mypaper would be a review and comparison of the impact the two different drugs havehad on our Society and this nugget about how they affected driving so differently just popped out.

Teach gave me a mid 70's grade on mypaper with a hand written note explaining, "Your workwas too biased". lol

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide

I actually participate in a lot of things and there are many, many people who prefer to not have drunks or those under the influence of drugs behind the wheels of automobiles.

Conversation tends to be a little more logical when people are sober as well

You seem to have an affinity for drunks and people under the influence of drugs, well good for you enjoy!

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    9 years ago

Trying smoking while playing Call of Duty online multiplayer ; that's a test of eye hand coordination if there ever was one.