╌>

NEARLY TWO-THIRDS OF AMERICANS SAY TRUMP HAS NOT HELPED THEIR FINANCIAL STANDING

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  25 comments

NEARLY TWO-THIRDS OF AMERICANS SAY TRUMP HAS NOT HELPED THEIR FINANCIAL STANDING
The October 2019 poll conducted by the Financial Times and the Peter G. Peterson Foundation found that 31 percent of potential U.S. voters reported being worse off financially since Trump took office in January 2017.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Nearly two-thirds of U.S. voters said they are not better of financially since Donald Trump took office, a new poll of likely voters finds.

The October 2019 poll  conducted  by the  Financial Times  and the Peter G. Peterson Foundation found that 31 percent of potential U.S. voters reported being worse off financially since Trump took office in January 2017. An additional third of Americans surveyed, 33 percent, said there has been no change in their financial status under the Trump administration.

Just over one-third of those surveyed, 35 percent, said they were better off since Trump moved into the White House.

Overall U.S. economic data shows growth of the nation's gross domestic product by 1.9 percent in this most recent third quarter. And Trump has repeatedly touted consistent stock market gains since he's been in office. "All-Time High for Stock Market and all the Fake News wants to talk about is the Impeachment Hoax!" he  tweeted  Monday morning.

"Stock Market hits RECORD HIGH. Spend your money well!" he also remarked on Twitter Monday.

However, Trump has faced criticism over his ongoing trade war with China and a massive bailout of U.S. farmers who are blocked from trading with the world's second-largest economy.

The  Financial Times  poll found that 39 percent of those surveyed believed the most important factor in improving their financial standing is a rise in wages or income level. About one quarter, 24 percent, said the amount of personal savings and investments is the most important factor in judging whether their economic standing had improved.

According to  the latest jobs report , the U.S. added an impressive 128,000 jobs in October. That number was reached despite the General Motors strike and the end of temporary Census jobs, MarketWatch first  reported .

width="728" height="90">

About one-in-five of those surveyed said their financial position was worse than before Trump took office and listed debt as the most important factor in making that judgment. Americans were starkly divided on whether or not they believe the Trump administration has been helpful to the economy as a whole. About 45 percent of U.S. voters surveyed said they believe Trump's policies have helped the U.S. economy overall. While another 45 percent said they believe his policies have hurt the economy.
Only 10 percent of Democrats surveyed said they believe Trump's economic policies have helped the country. But an overwhelming 84 percent of Republican Party members say they believe Trump's policies have helped the economy to grow.
The  Financial Times  survey was conducted among 1,005 adults last month.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago
"Stock Market hits RECORD HIGH. Spend your money well!" he also remarked on Twitter Monday.

The bottom 80% of Americans , by income, own 7% of the stock market. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    5 years ago

As I have stated numerous times, my "tax break" is shit.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  lady in black @2    5 years ago

But you got one.................................

jrSmiley_55_smiley_image.gif

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  lady in black  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1    5 years ago

It doesn't amount to shit...get it....It takes $60 to fill my gas tank, guess what...my "tax break" won't even fill my tank.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  lady in black @2.1.1    5 years ago

Guess what? You filled your gas tank before your tax break.......now you can buy washer fluid on top of that............or maybe a Slurpee.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.3  bugsy  replied to  lady in black @2.1.1    5 years ago
It takes $60 to fill my gas tank

How can a Prius cost 60 bucks to fill?

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.4  bugsy  replied to  lady in black @2.1.1    5 years ago

So you admit that you did get a tax cut. According to John's seed, you are one of the 1/3rd of the country that are doing better than before your tax cut.

Congratulations.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.1.5  lady in black  replied to  bugsy @2.1.3    5 years ago

LOL, I drive a Silverado

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  lady in black  replied to  bugsy @2.1.4    5 years ago

It isn't shit.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  lady in black @2.1.6    5 years ago

The federal government happily accepts all contributions.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  lady in black @2.1.6    5 years ago
It isn't shit.

Thank goodness huh? Shit doesn't spend. Sorry for you it isn't what you THINK you deserve. I'm happy with mine.

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.9  bugsy  replied to  lady in black @2.1.6    5 years ago
It isn't shit.

But it's something. It's not supposed to make you independently wealthy.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.10  Jack_TX  replied to  bugsy @2.1.4    5 years ago
So you admit that you did get a tax cut. According to John's seed, you are one of the 1/3rd of the country that are doing better than before your tax cut.

Much more than 1/3 are doing better since the tax cut.  

Only 1/3 of them will admit it.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
2.1.11  Jack_TX  replied to  lady in black @2.1.6    5 years ago
It isn't shit.

Relative to the actual income tax you actually pay in real dollars, what percent is it?

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    5 years ago

Butt, butt according to some, we are living in a utopia. The best economy ever, in the history of economies...

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

People actually bought into that Trump bs about giving us more money?jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif   PT Barnum was spot on.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5    5 years ago

If you didn't receive a tax cut, you are:

Making a well-above average, 1%er type of income or

You make so little that you already have zero tax liability, which would make it impossible to give you a tax cut