╌>

CNN's Joe Lockhart slammed for bogus tweet on 'overheard convo' between GOP senators

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  kdmichigan  •  4 years ago  •  14 comments

By:    Jessica Chasmar

CNN's Joe Lockhart slammed for bogus tweet on 'overheard convo' between GOP senators
The tweet remained active on Mr. Lockhart’s account as of Thursday afternoon and has been shared nearly 10,000 times and favorited nearly 40,000 times and counting.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

CNN contributor Joe Lockhart remains unapologetic for a now-viral tweet about an overheard conversation between two Republican senators that he now claims was satire.
Mr. Lockhart, a former White House press secretary under President Bill Clinton, tweeted Wednesday during the Senate impeachment trial of President Trump: “Overheard convo between two Republican Senators who only watch Fox News. ‘is this stuff real? I haven’t heard any of this before. I thought it was all about a server. If half the stuff Schiff is saying is true, we’re up [expletive] creek. Hope the White House has exculpatory evidence.’”
The tweet remained active on Mr. Lockhart’s account as of Thursday afternoon and has been shared nearly 10,000 times and favorited nearly 40,000 times and counting. About 10 minutes and a couple of tweets after making the claim, Mr. Lockhart admitted to making up the story.

“Ok maybe I made up the convo, but you know that’s exactly what they’re thinking,” he wrote.
The admission sparked a wave of backlash against Mr. Lockhart, but he appeared unfazed

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1  seeder  KDMichigan    4 years ago

Not a shocker. CNN representatives spreading fake news, say it isn't so. The trusted source for the ignorant masses...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    4 years ago

In this butthurt world it was probably a bad idea to joke. Only Trump gets to joke. Or be a joke. Something like that. 

Now we will get the wailing and the weeping from the aggrieved right. 

YIKES !

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

No wailing, no weeping.

Just missing real journalists.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    4 years ago

As far as I know Joe Lockhart is not a journalist. He's a commentator. 

Is Sean Hannity a journalist in your eyes Tex?  Do you think he's always honest and respectful ? 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.1.2  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    4 years ago
Is Sean Hannity a journalist in your eyes Tex?  Do you think he's always honest and respectful ? 

Poor JR trying to justify his fake news. Has CNN reported on their contributors fake news JR?

original

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    4 years ago
Is Sean Hannity a journalist in your eyes Tex?

Nope, he is a commentator.

Do you think he's always honest and respectful ? 

Nope.

Why the deflection to Hannity? Do you watch Hannity or something?

Does anything Hannity does or ever could do change what this guy did?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.3    4 years ago

I'm just trying to understand why this seed even exists. If we wanted to complain about everything out of line that occurs on Fox News we could have 10 seeds a day about it. 

For the most part, we dont have any. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.1.5  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.4    4 years ago
I'm just trying to understand why this seed even exists.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  KDMichigan @2.1.5    4 years ago

I used to wonder what was the reason your memes exist. Then I realized there is no reason.  Sometimes litter floats around in the breeze for no reason at all. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.4    4 years ago
I'm just trying to understand why this seed even exists. If we wanted to complain about everything out of line that occurs on Fox News we could have 10 seeds a day about it. 
For the most part, we dont have any. 

Well, why don't you remedy that?

It would be  refreshing break from the 10 "I Hate Trump" articles a day!

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.1.8  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.6    4 years ago
I used to wonder what was the reason your memes exist.

I take that I live rent free as a compliment, thanks.

Then I realized there is no reason. 

Not one that you were capable of figuring out it seems.

Sometimes litter floats around in the breeze for no reason at all. 

One mans trash is another mans treasure.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Joe Lockhart is not a reporter, he is a commentator.  You know, similar to Rush Limbaugh, whose entire career revolved around making jokes about Democrats. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    4 years ago

Has this Joe Lockhart ever been to Russia or had Russian dressing on his salad? If so, he might be interfering in an election with this fake news he's putting out. Someone should investigate.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @4    4 years ago

Sure, maybe we can find a statute he violated by inventing wholly inaccurate  conversations out of thin air and have him arrested.

On the other hand maybe the President should be flattered by the imitation of  the POTUS's speeches and tweets

snd we should ignore Lockhart too.

Just a thought...