╌>

Barr blasts Trump's tweets on Stone case: 'Impossible for me to do my job': ABC News Exclusive

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  larry-hampton  •  4 years ago  •  5 comments

Barr blasts Trump's tweets on Stone case: 'Impossible for me to do my job': ABC News Exclusive
I cannot do my job here at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

In an exclusive interview, Attorney General Bill Barr told ABC News on Thursday that President   Donald Trump   "has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case” but should stop tweeting about the Justice Department because his tweets “make it impossible for me to do my job.”

Barr’s comments are a rare break with a president who the attorney general has aligned himself with and fiercely defended. But it also puts Barr in line with many of Trump’s supporters on Capitol Hill who say they support the president but wish he’d cut back on his tweets.

“I think it’s time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases,” Barr told ABC News Chief Justice Correspondent Pierre Thomas.

When asked if he was prepared for the consequences of criticizing the president – his boss – Barr said “of course” because his job is to run the Justice Department and make decisions on “what I think is the right thing to do.”

“I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody ... whether it’s Congress, a newspaper editorial board, or the president,” Barr said. “I’m gonna do what I think is right. And you know … I cannot do my job here at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
1  seeder  Larry Hampton    4 years ago

Barr ignited a firestorm this week after top Justice Department officials intervened in the sentencing of Roger Stone, a longtime friend and former campaign adviser to the president who was convicted of lying to Congress, witness tampering and obstruction of justice.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Larry Hampton @1    4 years ago

It seems Barr knows Trump's tweets will only increase after his critic of his Boss's debasing tweets. They will likely increase double or triple in count. Everyone knows Trump can't take any criticism of any kind from anyone. And his retaliation is always knee jerk and inane.

However, I am really surprised by Barr's criticism of his Boss after his groveling at his every word and deed, and feeding Trump nothing but praise and bowing to his every whim. His saying,

“I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody.....

....is so contrary to his usual butt kissing for any and every thing Trump says and does in real life. If Barr thinks that lie will buy him any favor with those seeking his resignation it is truly laughable. He has been Trump's B*tch since he got the job of AG, and it is a bit too late for him to try to convince people he can't do his job because of Trump's tweets and endless background commentary, when he has been sucking it up all this time and agrees with everything his Boss says and does.

What a joke. Seems Barr has learned to lie right up there with is Boss, and is just as stupid as to think everyone will believe it.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

He can't do his jobs because of tweets?  Then he needs to resign (we wish).

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    4 years ago
Attorney General Bill Barr told ABC News on Thursday that President   Donald Trump   "has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case” but should stop tweeting about the Justice Department because his tweets “make it impossible for me to do my job.”

Because salivating vultures in Congress and the media will immediately, and without any other evidence, declare that there is a conspiracy between the AG and the White House. But he was nice enough not to say it like that in the interview.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

White House officials stated that trmp still has full faith and confidence in Barr (I'm paraphrasing) which means Barr is probably packing his desk right now