╌>

Every woman in the Utah Senate walked out in protest of a mandatory ultrasound bill

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  larry-hampton  •  4 years ago  •  6 comments

Every woman in the Utah Senate walked out in protest of a mandatory ultrasound bill
“There is no other health-related scenario in which the government dictates medical interventions,”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Utah’s six female senators — Republican and Democratic — left the chamber in protest Tuesday, refusing to vote on a bill that  requires women to undergo an ultrasound   and be presented with video and audio of their developing fetus before terminating a pregnancy.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
1  seeder  Larry Hampton    4 years ago

Spanish Fork Republican Sen. Deidre Henderson successfully amended the bill to prohibit the use of transvaginal ultrasounds under the bill, a more invasive procedure than transabdominal ultrasounds. But while the bill went too far before the amendment, she said, the amendment resulted in the bill going “a little less too far.”

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Larry Hampton @1    4 years ago

I've never had a transvaginal ultrasound, but knowing what the probe looks like and where it goes would feel awfully like a sexual assault.

(have you seen those probes??? They're friggin' huge!)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    4 years ago

I have and if it was involuntary I would feel the same way.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3  Gordy327    4 years ago

Just another attempt to impose unnecessary procedures on women in an attempt to coerce them. Such tactics are unethical.