╌>

Walmart Stabbing

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  veronica  •  4 years ago  •  10 comments

By:   WHAM Staff

Walmart Stabbing
'I’m going to die! I’m going to die! Somebody stabbed me!'”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Geneseo, N.Y. - The man accused of stabbing a shopper at the Geneseo Walmart on Tuesday has pleaded not guilty in connection to the incident.

Gregory Cunningham, 24, of Schuyler County has been charged with second-degree atempted murder and first-degree assault after authorities say he stabbed a woman multiple times inside the store.

The victim was treated and released from the hospital on Wednesday, according to family members.

The scene Tuesday was chaotic, according to witnesses and Geneseo Police.

Joan Olsowsky was in the checkout line when she heard a woman screaming "at the top of her lungs," she said.

“Then it started to make more sense as our cashier was telling her to slow down, calm down," Olsowsky said. "She was chasing after her asking her what was going on and she kept saying 'I’m going to die! I’m going to die! Somebody stabbed me!'”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Veronica
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Veronica    4 years ago

This was crazy.  My niece works in that store and was present at the time.  She has been told by store management not to discuss the details of what went on.  She was shaken.  

There seems to be no motive for the stabbing.  Just crazy.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Veronica @1    4 years ago

There seems to be no motive for the stabbing.  Just crazy.

Crazy , would be one.

What is with Walmart and violence ?

Veronica
Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  Veronica  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1    4 years ago

Lately, I think it is anywhere and everywhere.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Veronica @1    4 years ago

love those eyes

it's like he has X ray vision, and can see right through me

Veronica
Professor Guide
1.2.1  seeder  Veronica  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.2    4 years ago

Piercing blue eyes.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Veronica @1    4 years ago

You should get your daughter a therapist.  These kind of incidents can result in PTSD.

Veronica
Professor Guide
1.3.1  seeder  Veronica  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.3    4 years ago

My niece actually.  I think the management has set up counseling sessions.  I told her if they did offer them she should make use of them.  I think she was one of the ones assisting the victim, but she won't say.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Veronica @1.3.1    4 years ago

I just hope she will be okay.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.4  Ender  replied to  Veronica @1    4 years ago

I don't see why she couldn't talk about it. It's not like it wouldn't be on camera.

The whole thing is weird. He just came back into his families lives.. Didn't know the woman...

I wonder what if anything he said to the poor woman.

What comes into my mind is he walked up to her and started hitting on her, when she refused his advances he went off. Of course just guessing here.

Veronica
Professor Guide
1.4.1  seeder  Veronica  replied to  Ender @1.4    4 years ago
I don't see why she couldn't talk about it. It's not like it wouldn't be on camera.

I am not sure why they would do that, but it may be a public relations thing.  She may not to talk about it to friends and family because she doesn't want to relive it.  Some people push for all the gory details.  The whole thing is beyond strange.

I could see it happening the way you speculated.