╌>

Warrior Nun

Category:  Entertainment

By:  evilgenius  •  4 years ago  •  10 comments

Warrior Nun
After waking up in a morgue, an orphaned teen discovers she now possesses superpowers as the chosen Halo-Bearer for a secret sect of demon-hunting nuns.

Netflix starts a new ten-episode series based off the manga novels by Ben Dunn. Simon Barry (Continuum), Terri Hughes Burton (The 100, Eureka) and Amy Berg (Counterpart) are producing. The official synopsis is: 

Inspired by the manga novels,Warrior Nun revolves around a 19 year-old woman (Alba Baptista) who wakes up in a morgue with a new lease on life and a divine artifact embedded in her back. She discovers she is now part of an ancient order that has been tasked with fighting demons on Earth, and powerful forces representing both heaven and hell want to find and control her.

The novels generally portrayed The Church as faithful and good, though Dunn was criticized by both Cathlics and women for sexualizing the women to sell his stories. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

evilone
Professor Guide
1  author  evilone    4 years ago

Nuns with guns!

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1  Kavika   replied to  evilone @1    4 years ago
Nuns with guns!

LOL, well better than whips I guess.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Kavika @1.1    4 years ago

Some of us that went to parochial school are actually into nuns with whips.....

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.1    4 years ago

I miss my days at Our lady of perpetual motion....

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.3  author  evilone  replied to  Kavika @1.1    4 years ago
...better than whips I guess.

That sounds like a date gone wrong, but what do I know?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @1.1    4 years ago

Or rulers

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
1.1.5  Account Deleted  replied to  evilone @1.1.3    4 years ago

I'm pretty sure I never dated a nun. But the 60's are a little hazie in my mind.

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
4  Account Deleted    4 years ago

I seem to remember nuns chaining themselves to the gates/fences of the School of the Americas.

Tough cookies.

Yeah, I might watch.

evilone
Professor Guide
5  author  evilone    4 years ago

I completed season 1 yesterday. Most of the early episodes are Ava, having been a quadriplegic since age 7, dealing with new found freedom. Ava has the halo, an ancient church artifact we are told was given to the first warrior nun from an angel. It gives each warrior special abilities. Ava can move through objects, levitate, heal and create energy blasts, but she can't control them. Some in the church want Ava, an unbeliever, to assume the roll of leader of the warrior nuns as befits the halo bearer. Others want to rip it from her even if it kills her and bring it back for the girl who was trained to bear it next. A corporation run by a woman with a sick child has figured out how to open a "portal to heaven" where there is no sickness; there is no death. They want the halo to power the machine. 

The last episode leaves us with a new Pope and one Hell of a cliff hanger. 

I'll give it a 4 (maybe a 3.7) out of 5. Knowing this is all mostly setup, I'm hoping there will be more action in future seasons.