╌>

Trump Blames Plummeting Poll Numbers on People Paying Attention When He Talks

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  19 comments

By:   Andy Borowitz (The New Yorker)

Trump Blames Plummeting Poll Numbers on People Paying Attention When He Talks
People are listening to what I say one day and comparing it to something I said on a different day," the President said. "These are very sick and terrible people.

Does Trump really think we aren't listening?

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Andy Borowitz

April 27, 2020 Photograph by Jonathan Ernst / Reuters

WASHINGTON, D.C. (The Borowitz Report)—Calling it a "disgraceful situation," Donald J. Trump on Monday blamed his sinking poll numbers on people paying attention when he talks.

Noting that his approval rating has plummeted since he began holding coronavirus briefings, he said, "There are a lot of people out there who are listening to things I say and basing their opinions on them, and I think it's very sad."

In addition to people paying attention when he talks, Trump said that he was being "treated very unfairly by people who remember what I say."

"People are listening to what I say one day and comparing it to something I said on a different day," he said. "These are very sick and terrible people."

Trump also lashed out at the pollsters themselves, who, he alleged, are "doing a hit job on me" by seeking the opinions of people who listened to things he said.

"The fact that they're talking to people who have listened to me proves how crooked and rigged these polls are," he said. "People who haven't listened to me think I'm doing great."

Trump said that, if people persist in listening to him, he may stop talking altogether. "I think that's a really good plan," Trump said. "Dr. Fauci suggested it to me."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

The more Trump blabbers the worse his numbers...

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

It's nice to know the author is a comedian and that the article is simply satire.

But yeah, that's my main complaint about Trump. He talks too much and has no filter between his brain and his mouth. That's why I try not to listen to him, weather it be press conferences, rallies, or whatever. He does not have a way with words like Reagan did.

I really don't like the guy or his personality. However, that is not reason enough to vote for Biden or ANY Democrat.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    4 years ago

I haven't heard a good reason to reelect Trump!

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     4 years ago

Trump said that, if people persist in listening to him, he may stop talking altogether. "I think that's a really good plan," Trump said. "Dr. Fauci suggested it to me."

Wow, this is great, I quit listening to him months ago.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Kavika @2    4 years ago

I saw the Rose Garden Ramble. It was blather! The networks were cutting him off because it wasn't a press conference. It was just Trump lying, again...

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @2.1    4 years ago

I think it was a brilliant move on Trump's part. Since the liberal press corps gives him 24/7 on air and on line exposure, he might as well get in a little bit of campaigning, and pointing out how bad an actor Biden really is. Every thing he said about old and senile sleepy Joe is true.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.1    4 years ago

That explains why Trump's approval rate is dropping like a rock in the polls. You approve!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

blamed his sinking poll numbers on people paying attention when he talks.

Well DUH dumbass.  Their blinders are coming off and they are wising up to your lies, bigotry, hate, hypocrisy, lack of leadership, bromances with foreign dictators, pettiness, and bending over backwards for your cronies and fellow criminals while bending over for Putin.  That is why you are losing support.  They are finally wise to your bs.  Maybe if you just stfu and quit tweeting, you might keep the few followers you have, although at this juncture, it won't help.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    4 years ago

The Dems don't have the numbers to win. Too many sane and decent people in the US, whose votes will deny them the prize of the presidency once again.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    4 years ago

The Numbers To Win? Millions of Trump voters died off from olde age since 2016 and nobody replaced them. Biden is ahead anywhere from ten to twenty percent depending on the poll....

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

The irony is this is really not satire

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    4 years ago

Here in Trumpland rank satire pales in comparison with our reality. Orwell wouldn't believe it...

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
4.2  Account Deleted  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    4 years ago

Whoo man - like that's deep - [inhale - puff] like when is satire irony?

Then can like irony be satire? Deep really deep. [puff]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Account Deleted @4.2    4 years ago

I'm really not deep I just look that way

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Account Deleted @4.2    4 years ago

Pass that over please.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.3  seeder  JBB  replied to  Account Deleted @4.2    4 years ago

Allegedly...

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    4 years ago
The irony is this is really not satire

No, it really is satire, written by a left wing comedian.

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
4.3.1  Account Deleted  replied to  Greg Jones @4.3    4 years ago

Yeah - kinda like Art imitates Fart.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @4.3    4 years ago

Butt, you aren't laughing...are you?