Trump Disapproval Jumps To 60% In Republican Poll

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  2 weeks ago  •  46 comments

By:   Jason Easley (POLITICUSUSA)

Trump Disapproval Jumps To 60% In Republican Poll
Even a poll done by a Republican polling firm found Trump's disapproval at 60%, with Joe Biden leading by 15 points, 53%-38%.

No President ever reelected with such disapproval! 

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Even a poll done by a Republican polling firm found Trump's disapproval at 60%, with Joe Biden leading by 15 points, 53%-38%.

Echelon Insights found:

Trump's disapproval rating is now at 60%, up 6 points from May. The gap between this and his approval rating is the largest it's been all year at 23 points. pic.twitter.com/T1LifOmkP8 — Echelon Insights (@EchelonInsights) July 24, 2020

Biden leads by 15 points in the head to head matchup and Democrats lead the generic congressional ballot by 14 points:

Biden leads Trump by 15 points in a direct match-up✅, with 43% saying they would definitely vote for Biden. pic.twitter.com/yTyGqdQy6Z — Echelon Insights (@EchelonInsights) July 24, 2020

Trump is in a panic and ranting about passing dementia tests, suburban housewives, and confederate names on military bases because even Republican polls show that he is losing the election badly to Joe Biden. Trump's biggest problem is that the coronavirus pandemic has made it impossible for him to make Biden the focus of the election.

The Donald Trump strategy is to make the election about Biden, and then have foreign governments interfere to spread misinformation about his opponent. It is what he did in 2016, and it is what he is trying to do now.

The pandemic has been a brick wall that he can't get past to implement his strategy. Trump is losing support across the board on every issue. Even Republican pollsters who should come up with more optimistic results for Trump are matching the independent polling.

Trump is cratering, and his own path left to a second term may be to cheat his way to a win.

Jason Easley

Mr. Easley is the founder/managing editor and Senior White House and Congressional correspondent for PoliticusUSA. Jason has a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science. His graduate work focused on public policy, with a specialization in social reform movements.

Awards and Professional Memberships

Member of the Society of Professional Journalists and The American Political Science Association

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
[]

JBB
1  seeder  JBB    2 weeks ago

Trump's reelection chances sinking like the Titanic!

XDm9mm
1.1  XDm9mm  replied to  JBB @1    2 weeks ago
Trump's reelection chances sinking like the Titanic!

Just like 2016.

JBB
1.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1    2 weeks ago

No, Biden is tracking way ahead of Hillary '16!

Joe Biden isn't Clinton and 2020 is not 2016!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/19/politics/trump-biden-polling/index.html

"Biden way ahead of where Clinton was in 16".

pat wilson
1.1.2  pat wilson  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    2 weeks ago
Joe Biden isn't Clinton and 2020 is not 2016!

AND we've had 3 1/2 years of trump. 

JBB
1.1.3  seeder  JBB  replied to  pat wilson @1.1.2    2 weeks ago

Three years two hundred and sixty six days...

AKA Enough Of Trump's Shit To Last Forever!

Tessylo
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @1    2 weeks ago

I'd say tRump's disapproval rate is more like 80% actually which leaves 20%, his base, which is dwindling daily, especially since he deployed the gestapo to Portland.  

JBB
1.2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    2 weeks ago

Remember what happened to King Charles I when he had his private troops attack English citizens?Hint..."Chop Chop". Thus ended the tyrant's rein...

Adam_Selene
1.3  Adam_Selene  replied to  JBB @1    2 weeks ago

Still, you have to admire the Fox and Friends string trio, oblivious to even the Fox  polls, valiantly fiddling away as the Trump ship starts to tilt. 

I hear they are going to add a jug band so they can sing Doom Despair and Agony on Me.

JBB
2  seeder  JBB    2 weeks ago

Trump cannot win Electoral College losing by >5%.

Current Trump approval deficit is at 23% nationally.

Biden is leading Trump by 15% in recent gop poll...

XDm9mm
2.1  XDm9mm  replied to  JBB @2    2 weeks ago
Trump cannot win Electoral College losing by >5%

It was an impossibility on election night 2016 also.

loki12
2.1.1  loki12  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1    2 weeks ago

People who aren’t math challenged know that all of Hillary’s entire popular vote lead was in 1 state, so yes trump can lose by 5 percent and still keep the same electoral college count.

JBB
2.1.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1    2 weeks ago

It was always possible for Trump to win the EC with Hillary only winning the popular vote by 2-3%. That is not at as all possible with Trump losing it by over 10%. That is a fact. Bet on it!

JBB
2.1.3  seeder  JBB  replied to  loki12 @2.1.1    2 weeks ago

Except Trump is losing it badly in the swing states he won very narrowly in 2016. Hell, Trump is also losing in many states he won easily! Do you have any analysis of current polls that shows trump winning swing states in 2020? Because, I surely cannot find any...

loki12
2.1.4  loki12  replied to  JBB @2.1.2    2 weeks ago

So we have moved the goalposts from 5 to 10%, let us know when you are ready to permanently place them. I will give you if trump loses the popular vote by 100% he will lose.

JBB
2.1.5  seeder  JBB  replied to  loki12 @2.1.4    2 weeks ago

I haven't moved any goal posts! It is statistically impossible to win the EC losing the popular vote by over 5%. Trump squeaked out an EC victory by bately winning Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Florida by only about 60,000 votes total. He is now losing badly in all those swing states today and also falling further and further behind in states where the gop is still strong like Ohio, Arizona and North Carolina. And Hell, the rate he is going now Trump may even lose Texas and Georgia, too...

Texan1211
2.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.5    2 weeks ago
It is statistically impossible to win the EC losing the popular vote by over 5%.

Wherever you picked those stats up--send them back--they are wrong.

Trump squeaked out an EC victory by bately winning Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Florida by only about 60,000 votes total.

304-227 electoral vote totals.

Not really a squeaker.

JBB
2.1.7  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.6    2 weeks ago

60,000 votes spread over three swing states is a squeaker. Why don't you show us a viable path to Trump winning the EC again in 2020 because none of the experts can find one!

Texan1211
2.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.7    2 weeks ago

304-227.

Not a squeaker.

A difference of 77 votes.

14.50% of electoral votes cast.

Not an electoral college squeaker.

JBB
2.1.9  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.8    2 weeks ago

Only 60,000 in three state is still a squeaker!

Winning the EC losing by 3,000,000 is a fluke.

Texan1211
2.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.9    2 weeks ago

14.5% of electoral votes is hardly a squeaker.

30 states won to 20 states won is hardly a squeaker.

loki12
2.1.11  loki12  replied to  JBB @2.1.5    2 weeks ago
I haven't moved any goal posts! It is statistically impossible to win the EC losing the popular vote by over 5%
"Trump cannot win Electoral College losing by >5%."

https://thenewstalkers.com/community/discussion/51137/trump-disapproval-jumps-to-60-in-republican-poll#cm1369134

" That is not at as all possible with Trump losing it by over 10%."

https://thenewstalkers.com/community/discussion/51137/trump-disapproval-jumps-to-60-in-republican-poll#cm1369178

What would you call it?   

It is statistically impossible to win the EC losing the popular vote by over 5%

It is actually possible to win the Presidency by losing the popular vote by over 40%..........  Your math is wrong!

https://www.npr.org/2016/11/02/500112248/how-to-win-the-presidency-with-27-percent-of-the-popular-vote

JBB
3  seeder  JBB    2 weeks ago

Joe Biden isn't Hillary Clinton and 2020 is not 2016!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/19/politics/trump-biden-polling/index.html

"Biden well ahead of where Clinton was in 2016".

loki12
3.1  loki12  replied to  JBB @3    2 weeks ago

No Biden has dementia, Hillary was just a miserable unpalatable human. Nothing alike. The debates will be epic, Biden can’t even follow a teleprompter, without a net.......it’s going to be a sad end to an uneventful pathetic career.

Tessylo
3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  loki12 @3.1    2 weeks ago

tRump has dementia, or more like untreated syphilis, whatever it is, HE IS FAR FROM SANE.  

Texan1211
3.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  loki12 @3.1    2 weeks ago
Hillary was just a miserable unpalatable human.

She was the very, very best Democrats managed to offer in 2016.

Pitiful, isn't it?

JBB
3.1.3  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    2 weeks ago

Clinton isn't on the ballot this year. Joe Biden isn't Hillary Clinton. It is a whole new ball game...

JBB
3.1.4  seeder  JBB  replied to  loki12 @3.1    2 weeks ago

Joe doesn't have dementia. If he did all of the other Democrats wouldn't have endorsed him. The fact is that those who ran against him and lost still admire, support and endorse Biden...

Texan1211
3.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.3    2 weeks ago
Clinton isn't on the ballot this year. Joe Biden isn't Hillary Clinton. It is a whole new ball game...

[Deleted]

JBB
3.1.6  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.5    2 weeks ago

Except, "Trump's path to an Electoral College victory is not just narrow. It is nonexistent"...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/10/18/trump-electoral-college-victory-non-existent/

Texan1211
3.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.6    2 weeks ago

I just absolutely LOVE it when you post links which do not support your claims.

The LINK is from 2016. 

It claimed Trump had NO path to 270.

It was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!

So now you are using THAT link to show that Trump has no path to 270 this election?

Even when you KNOW it was wrong?

Hilarious!

Texan1211
3.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.6    2 weeks ago

I am just curious.

Do you ever actually read the links you post?

Texan1211
3.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.9    2 weeks ago

No, I DO read links.

Perhaps you are confusing me with someone else.

Did YOU read the link you provided?

Because it doesn't seem like you read very many of the ones you post.

The other day, weren't you insisting that Hannity was still married, and yet kept posting links saying he was divorced in 2019?

And now you claim Trump has no path to 270, and link an article claiming he had no chance ion 2016?

You are entertaining!

JBB
3.1.11  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.10    2 weeks ago

Hannity just announced his supposed divorce on June 3ed though there is no record of it...

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-sean-hannity-divorce-20-25-years-20200603-5m2u2holazeixfpikpcarjudt4-story.html

Hannity just came up with that lie about his divorce being a year old when he got caught porking a young lady who works at Fox. He should have been fired. You may believe Lying Sean Hannity butt I don't...

Texan1211
3.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.11    2 weeks ago

Yes, ANNOUNCED it this year. Divorced LAST year.

Even Wikipedia--which you CLAIMED stated he was STILL married--says he was divorced. I know, because I looked at the Wikipedia page on it.

Here, maybe you will actually READ it THIS time:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Hannity

Hannity married Jill Rhodes in 1993. [15] In June 2020, the couple announced that they had divorced the previous year. [211] They have two children and since 2008 have lived in Centre Island, New York , on Long Island . [212] [15] In 2018, Forbes estimated that Hannity's annual income was $36 million. [167] In 2014 he said he has carried a weapon "more than half my adult life". [213] Hannity left the Catholic Church citing “too much institutionalized corruption.” However, he has said that as he has aged his Christian faith has "gotten stronger" and that he needs and wants God in his life. [214]

I'll even make it easy for you!

JBB
3.1.13  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.12    2 weeks ago

That is a Fox press release nobody believes.

Hannity announced his divorce on June 3rd...

Texan1211
3.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.9    2 weeks ago
I honestly didn't think you ever read any links!

So you thought I was just guessing when I told you what your links actually said?

Did you bother to read and verify?

I ALWAYS read links, because I don't want to look like a fool by commenting on something I haven't even read. If one hasn't read something, I suspect any commentary would be suspect coming from one who hasn't read it.

No one has ever accused me of not reading links, though.

MUVA
3.1.16  MUVA  replied to  JBB @3.1.4    2 weeks ago

I believe they would be more likely to vote for him some on the left want a puppet they can control.

Tessylo
3.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  MUVA @3.1.16    2 weeks ago

tenor.gif?itemid=14740971

JBB
3.1.18  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.14    2 weeks ago

Nobody including Hannity said so before 6-3-2020! You have not produced one thing that proves Hannity or his wife had even began divorce proceedings before June 3, 2020 when he was busted for his affair with a coworker...a much younger coworker. Hannity built his career on being a sanctimonious Catholic traditional values family man. Yet he has deserted his wife and kids for a Fox News bimbo and been tossed out of his lifelong Catholic faith. All of which shows him to be a cad and a fraud and a hypocrite.

Now it is back on Topic of Trump's abysmal approval rating. Enough of your carping...

Texan1211
3.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3.1.18    2 weeks ago

[removed]

Tessylo
4  Tessylo    2 weeks ago

But, but Hillary . . . 

tenor.gif

loki12
4.1  loki12  replied to  Tessylo @4    2 weeks ago

Yes because the last democrat incompetent nominee who was a shoo in isn't relative to the current incompetent, (for medical reasons) nominee isn't a worthy comparison.

Tessylo
4.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  loki12 @4.1    2 weeks ago

???????????????

Tessylo
5  Tessylo    2 weeks ago

60922777_1838561716245904_3041599210852974592_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=6yOhSQG9dfQAX-tykL4&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=6bd8cfa95263744080f4ca07fa581149&oe=5F4208B2