Today, August 8th 10:06am

·   Ed Scarce

·
bats

jo jorgensen

libertarian party

rabies

gettyimages-520069342-170667a.jpg

Left untreated, if Jo Jorgensen does develop full on rabies, it's 100% fatal in humans, so it's no joke. But this seems precautionary at this stage. Just more of 2020 being 2020, as someone put it online.

Source:   Newsweek

Libertarian Presidential candidate Jo Jorgensen will miss a Jackson, Mississippi campaign rally on Saturday after being bitten by a bat.

Jorgensen has been an official member of the Libertarian Party since 1983. She served as Harry Browne's running mate during the party's 1996 campaign. Jorgensen was expected to stump across Louisiana and Mississippi on Saturday, but will miss the first event of the weekend.

"I will not be able to attend the campaign rally tomorrow morning," Jorgensen tweeted Friday. "I will be getting a rabies vaccine as a precaution after having been bitten by a bat near the start of this campaign tour! I have every intention of participating in the FLAME march and I will deliver remarks at the #LetHerSpeak rally in Hattiesburg later in the afternoon."

Jorgensen's rally attempts to get her into the presidential debates, but that ain't happening.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago

On an encouraging note, she has taken personal responsibility for having been bitten by a bat. s. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

Nathan R. Shrader, the chair of the Millsaps College Department of Government and Politics and director of the American Studies program, posted his thoughts to social media shortly after the announcement. 

"I’ve been involved in campaigns for 25 years. This is the first time I’ve seen 'bitten by a bat' given as a reason for canceling a candidate event," he said. 

She should thank the bat, I never would have heard about her otherwise.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Split Personality @1.1    4 years ago

I think at this point it is widely presumed that Kanye West will get more votes than the Libertarian Party candidate this time. 

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
2  Account Deleted    4 years ago

She's just fortunate that she was bitten by a bat and not by her anarchist  VP choice, Spike Cohen. With treatment, she will survive the bat attack. No chance she would survive an attack by the batty.