╌>

Obama Hurt By Trump's Reuse of Birther Strategy: "I Thought It Was a Special Thing Between Him and Me" | The New Yorker

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  3 comments

By:   Andy Borowitz (The New Yorker)

Obama Hurt By Trump's Reuse of Birther Strategy: "I Thought It Was a Special Thing Between Him and Me" | The New Yorker
Hearing Trump employ identical slurs against someone new "cheapened the memory of our years together," the former President said.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

undefined

By Andy Borowitz

August 14, 2020 Borowitz-ObamaTrumpBirtherism.jpg Photograph by Melina Mara / The Washington Post / Getty

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Former President Barack Obama said on Friday that he was "deeply saddened" to hear Donald J. Trump reuse his racist birther strategy this week, stating, "I thought that it was a special thing between him and me."

His voice cracking with emotion, Obama said that, during all the years Trump launched birther attacks against him, "I was under the impression that he was crafting those lies for me and me alone."

"I guess I was wrong," he said wistfully.

Hearing Trump employ identical slurs against someone new "cheapened the memory of our years together," Obama said.

"I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt," he added.

Obama also had words of warning for Senator Kamala Harris. "Don't make the mistake I made and think that he really cares about where you were born," he said. "Eventually, he'll just move on and question the birthplace of someone else. I found out the hard way."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

I guess once a racist birther always a racist birther...

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2  sandy-2021492    4 years ago

Andy Borowitz is a treasure.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     4 years ago
Obama also had words of warning for Senator Kamala Harris. "Don't make the mistake I made and think that he really cares about where you were born," he said. "Eventually, he'll just move on and question the birthplace of someone else. I found out the hard way."

He'll throw anyone under the bus...