╌>

Donald Trump is to speak on all 4 nights of the RNC, and his family will take up half of the keynote speaker spots

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  pj  •  4 years ago  •  17 comments

By:   Tom Porter

Donald Trump is to speak on all 4 nights of the RNC, and his family will take up half of the keynote speaker spots

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

• President Donald Trump is to speak on all four nights of next week's Republican National Convention, reported The   New York Times on Saturday. 
  • Usually, the party's presidential candidate only speaks on the last night, to accept the party's nomination. 
  • The president, who has a background in reality TV, plans a spectacular first-ever virtual RNC that he hopes will eclipse last week's Democratic convention. 
  • The party's list of key speakers is dominated by Trump family members, with the president's wife and three of his children to address the conference, reported Fox News. 

President Donald Trump will speak on all four nights of next week's Republican National Convention, breaking with the longstanding tradition limiting the party's presidential candidate to one big acceptance speech on the last night of the event,   The New York Times reported. 

Trump will speak at the RNC's first-ever virtual event every night in a prime-time 10pm slot, reported the Times. The party plans are being coordinated  by two former Apprentice producers  who hope to eclipse the DNC's first virtual convention last week. Trump was the show's host for the first fourteen seasons, and the show's popularity gave him a national profile and contributed to his rise to the presidency.

According to Politico,   Trump believes that last week's DNC event was too "gloomy," and wants a more upbeat tone for the GOP conference. 

Some of the conference events, reportedly including the president's acceptance speech, will be hosted at the White House, which is not traditionally used by presidents for campaign events. It's a move that has been denounced by critics as unethical. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

PJ
Masters Quiet
1  seeder  PJ    4 years ago

I'm deciding whether I want to speak at the convention.  I think i have a pretty good chance of my offer being accepted since they are having a difficult time finding people willing to speak.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  PJ @1    4 years ago

Are you saying he doesn't have enough sycophants to fill the time slots? I find that hard to believe, lol!

Seriously though, I wish the Libertarian Party could get all this free press to present their candidate Jo Jorgensen. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.1.1  seeder  PJ  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1    4 years ago

One thing is certain, Nikki Haley is not doing her political career any favors but I guess she realizes that she no longer is the sole representative to those with ties to India.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1    4 years ago

Gary Johnson had relatively immense publicity in 2016 and still couldnt crack 5% in the vote.  People like the idea of libertarianism in theory, in practice they hate it as a government choice. 

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.3  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    4 years ago
in practice they hate it as a government choice. 

I think everyone is more worried that they will be "wasting" their vote going Third Party.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.4  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  PJ @1.1.1    4 years ago
Nikki Haley is not doing her political career any favors

IDK...she still seems to be holding on in Approval Ratings better than most other current and former Politicos. She is still pretty popular and it wouldn't surprise me to see her run for President in '28. 2024 would be too soon for any real chance of winning--unless Biden does manage to oust Trump this year, then a 2024 hot might be a goo idea.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
1.2  Dean Moriarty  replied to  PJ @1    4 years ago

I’d like to see Kid Rock do Yo-Da-Lin in the valley. It’s my favorite Kid Rock song. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.2.1  seeder  PJ  replied to  Dean Moriarty @1.2    4 years ago

I'm personally waiting to see how Melania plagiarizes Michelle's DNC speech.    

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @1.2.1    4 years ago

I recommend you don't hold your breath on that

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.2.3  seeder  PJ  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.2    4 years ago

Just saying......it seems to be a pattern with her, speeches, garden.  I'm hoping she'll have another successful break out campaign like her "Be Best".  That seems to have gotten a lot of traction.  lol

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Trump's 2016 convention was widely panned as being ridiculous, with D-list celebrities like Scott Baio, and blowhard personalities like the head of UFC , Dana White. We can expect more of the same tomorrow.

PJ
Masters Quiet
2.1  seeder  PJ  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

I wonder if he'll have a walk on special guest representative from qanon.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  PJ @2.1    4 years ago

I wouldnt doubt it

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.2  devangelical  replied to  PJ @2.1    4 years ago

I'm sure there will be lots of special guests in attendance. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

And he won

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5  pat wilson    4 years ago

Half the convention speakers are Trumps, literally.