╌>

Political Party Reluctantly Agrees To Change It's name To The Republic Party In Order To Maintain Consistency

Category:  Stranger Than Fiction

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  48 comments

Political Party Reluctantly Agrees To Change It's name To The Republic Party In Order To Maintain Consistency
Anyway, remember to always in the future refer to them as Republics and the Republic Party, otherwise you will be politically incorrect. 

Maryanne Romney Gorch , national chairman of the former Republican Party, has agreed to change the name of the party to the Republic Party and to refer to members of her party as "Republics" according to terms of a settlement brokered by the National Election Commission on Wednesday. 

The Democratic Party had sued the Republicans  ( now and in the future to be referred to as the Republic Party) over the constant misuse of the name which denotes Democrats (the Democratic Party) . It seems that thousands of Republics regularly refer to the "Democrat" Party, which is a deliberate mispronunciation of the word, intended to insult Democrats. It is believed this stupid trend was originated by Louie Gohmert or one of the other dumbest people in Congress on the GOP side, but in any event it caught on and now even the president* Donald Trump regularly refers to the "Democrat Party". It's gramatically inaccurate and stupid, but that has never been known to deter Trump before. 

Anyway, remember to always in the future refer to them as Republics and the Republic Party, otherwise you will be politically incorrect. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Donald Trump is a credit to the Republic Party.  All the Republic senators and Republic congresspeople and Republic governors say so. 

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    4 years ago

I just refer to that mess as the gop. It works for me...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JBB @2    4 years ago

goop would be better

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    4 years ago

Lol .... more sophomoric red-ass coming from the left.

Hilarious!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @3    4 years ago

lol. i looked for all the satiric articles you have written for Newstalkers. They are listed below this sentence. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    4 years ago

Man....that's a long list.....of white space

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    4 years ago

Did you mean for this article to be about me John?   

I missed where you mentioned my name ....

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    4 years ago

This poor attempt at satire reflects a misunderstanding of affixes (i.e. prefixes and suffixes of words). 

"Cracy" is a suffix meaning "rule" or "type of government." Thus, we get Aristocracy, Bureaucracy, and Democracy.

"Crat" is a suffix that derives from cracy and is commonly used in words defining an individual person who supports, advocates, or is involved with something. Thus, we have Aristocrat, Bureaucrat, and wait for it . . . Democrat.

So there's nothing derogatory about saying an individual is a Democrat. It's just good grammar.

Trying to do the same thing with Republican and Republic doesn't make sense. The Democratic party is a party comprised of Democrats. The Republican party happens to be a party comprised of Republicans. An individual can't be a "Democratic." The two parties just took different grammatical paths to their names.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1  Sparty On  replied to  Tacos! @4    4 years ago

It wasn’t an attempt at satire.    It was what I called it in the first place and totally believable for the people trying to pass it off as satire.

SOSDD for that group of left wing partisans

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.1    4 years ago

You are a loser on forums like this because you have no curiosity. You have preconceptions and you believe crap that reinforces your preconceptions. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    4 years ago

Ah yes, resorting to personal insults.

Classic fall back position for the TDS ridden .... but ..... thanks anyway for the feedback.

I always know i'm still on the right track when that happens here.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.2    4 years ago

I have a feeling you are a good guy in real life. 

But we are not in real life here.  We are on an in internet forum.  When I created this satire, I knew exactly what I was doing and what the basis for the satire was. Last night Mitch McConnell looked in to the camera and said "Democrat Party" during his convention speech. 

Is he a moron? There is no such thing as the "Democrat Party". Go on google and you wont find a single entry for "Democrat Party" that does not refer to the conservative use of it as an insult. 

So I satirized this idiocy and did it well.  You and Tacos didnt like that so you come on and disparage the article,  WITH NO BASIS FOR DOING SO. 

Sometimes there is no way to oppose the other side. And you demonstrated that . 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.3    4 years ago

Opinions do vary John and right here and now.    They do vary greatly.

That said, had you chosen to put a satire tag on your article you'd have a better point but since you didn't.   You don't.

Not in the least.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.5  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.4    4 years ago

The article is in the Stranger Than Fiction group and has been since I seeded it. I was told that is the appropriate place for satirical seeds and articles. 

Youre wrong again. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.5    4 years ago

And again, when you think that .... i know i'm not wrong.   Quite the opposite really.

Thanks again and with that i'll leave you to your machinations here

Au revoirs .... parting is such sweet sorrow

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @4    4 years ago

Thanks for being so....... wrong. It is envigorating. 

Democrat Party (epithet) - Wikipedia

• Overview
  • Modern usage
  • Grammar
  • History
  • Responses
  • Further reading

Democrat Party is an epithet for the Democratic Party of the United States , used in a disparaging fashion by the party's opponents. While the term has been used in a non-hostile way, it has grown in its negative use since the 1940s, in particular by members of the Republican Party—in party platforms, partisan speeches, and press releases—as well as by conservative commentators.

You can try any silly "analysis" of the word structures that you like, the fact is that "Democrat Party" is and has been, an INTENTIONAL mispronunciation ,and spelling, of the word DEMOCRATIC , as in the Democratic Party.  I'm not asking you if you like it or not, or if you agree, I am telling you. I told you this morning with the article, and now I have to tell you through posting something from Wikipedia. 
I typed "Democrat Party" into Bing.  This is what came up. 
A bunch of articles about the DEMOCRAT IC Party , and the wiki article about the epithet 'Democrat Party'. 
Now leave my article alone. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2    4 years ago
You can try any silly "analysis" of the word structures that you like

You might not be aware of this, but the language rules I described have been around a hell of a lot longer than misinformation factories like Wikipedia.

Now leave my article alone

If you don't like people analyzing your shit, stop posting it.

Democrat Party is an epithet for the Democratic Party of the United States

Every time it's used? I don't think so. It's not an epithet just because you say it is, or just because Wiki says so. It looks to me like another attempt to be outraged over nothing.

Here's an idea: I made a straight forward comment about language on the topic of this seed. You MIGHT try respecting that. Do you have anything to say about the specifics of that comment? Or will you just be whining and attacking me because I disagreed with you?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @4.2.1    4 years ago

You are hopeless man. Go off into your own world, miss the point completely and be happy, it's fine. 

And it is an epithet, not because wiki says it is, although they are correct, but because it is used as an epithet. 

First of all , there is no such things as the Democrat Party. It doesnt exist.  Do you ever hear a Democratic politician say he is a member of the Democrat Party? Of course not , because it doesnt exist !     But you will regularly hear right wing and conservative politicians and pundits say "Democrat Party" . It happens all the time. 

Are they dumbasses or trying to be smartasses? 

Probably both. 

I hate it when people dont have an argument but they just go on and on and on anyway. 

You dont have an argument about THIS issue. You may have an argument about the linguistic applications of certain words, but alas, that has nothing to do with this topic. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Gsquared  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.2    4 years ago

The Republics decided in the Gingrich era that they would "rename" the Democratic Party as a petty little power play.   It was "haha... see what we can do to you".  Everyone knows it.  Everyone knew it then.  They admitted it and thought it was funny.  They want to argue with you about it like their arguments have any meaning at all.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Gsquared @4.2.3    4 years ago

I thought everyone knew that, but evidently not.

If someone started calling it the Republic Party in front of Trump , he wouldnt know what was going on. Thats how damn dumb he is. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.2.5  Gsquared  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.4    4 years ago

They likely know, but if they can't argue, no matter how weak the argument, and be contrarian, they feel utterly lost.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2.7  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.2    4 years ago

miss the point completely

Oh no, I get the point. I just think it's contrived outrage. The point is invented to justify the emotion.

Let's play a game. Fill in the blank: A person who is a member of the Democratic Party is a _______________. (hint: it rhymes with Shmemocrat)

Democratic Party = party of Democrats. A Democrat Party. 

So, I get it. It's not technically the offical word, and I myself usually say "Democratic Party." But as someone who was a registered Democrat for 25 years, I'm not remotely insulted when someone refers to it as the Democrat Party. If that's an insult, it's pretty weak sauce.

You're really going to let that ruin your day? You might have bigger problems than you know.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.4    4 years ago

I prefer....republiCON.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.9  Sparty On  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.2.8    4 years ago

And i prefer ..... demoRAT .... as they scurry about spreading their lies and pestilence

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.10  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @4.2.7    4 years ago

The only thing that ruins my day is when people come on Newstalkers and dont know what they are talking about.  If someone wants to say they think the satire is not funny, or they dont care, fine. 

Don't tell me it is not appropriate satire, because those who say that dont know what they are talking about. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2.11  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.10    4 years ago

Don't tell me it is not appropriate satire

I didn't say it was inappropriate. I said it was a poor attempt. I then explained why I think that. Be grateful I didn't get into how unoriginal it was.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.2.12  Gsquared  replied to  Sparty On @4.2.9    4 years ago

Republicans are a disease.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.2.13  arkpdx  replied to  Sparty On @4.2.9    4 years ago

I prefer demoCRAP. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @4    4 years ago

I did what most satire does. I made fun of something stupid. The stupid thing in this case is right wingers thinking they can ridicule Democrats by changing the name of their party. 

The right wingers lop the last two letters off of Democratic and I lopped the last two letters off of Republican. It's as simple as that. 

I hope you had fun going so deep into it though. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3    4 years ago
The stupid thing in this case is right wingers thinking they can ridicule Democrats by changing the name of their party. 

You just referred to the people in the Democratic party as Democrats. Did you just use an epithet?

The right wingers lop the last two letters off of Democratic and I lopped the last two letters off of Republican. It's as simple as that. 

As I said before, that doesn't make any grammatical sense.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago
The Democratic Party is one of the two major contemporary political parties in the United States , along with its main rival, the Republican Party . Tracing its heritage back to Thomas Jefferson and James Madison 's Democratic-Republican Party , the modern-day Democratic Party was founded around 1828 by supporters of Andrew Jackson , making it the world's oldest active political party. [12]

There is no Democrat Party, so why do Trump and other right wing politicians keep saying that there is

Are they retarded? 

in the past few weeks, Trump has delved into a bit of advice that’s so incoherent and inaccurate it could only come from this president in this moment in history:

“You notice I never say the Democratic Party,” the president   told attendees  of an event in Washington, D.C. on Friday, Oct. 26. “You know the word is Democrat. But when you say Democratic, it’s much nicer sounding, right? They should change their name, actually, but I’m not going to tell them that.”

This isn’t even the first time Trump has informed America that the name of the party that opposes him politically is not actually its name.

“You notice I say ‘Democrat Party’?” Trump asked nobody in particular at a  rally in West Virginia  a month earlier. “I hate how it sounds; that’s why I say it, because it’s really their name, you know. It’s not the Democratic Party, which flows nicer. Their real name is the Democrat Party.”

Again and again, Trump has used the phrase “Democrat Party”—deploying it in numerous speeches and in tweets going back   several years . But only recently has he been asserting that  it’s the actual name of the organization, and that they should change their name to what their name already is.

Is he confused? Lost in thought?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6  arkpdx    4 years ago

Calling it the democratic party is wrong also. They are anything but democratic

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Mitch McConnell just said "Democrat Party" in his speech tonight at the Republican convention. 

There is no such thing as the Democrat Party. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
7.1  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @7    4 years ago

We only wish that were so. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  arkpdx @7.1    4 years ago

Most "Republics" would prefer a one-party system.  Most Americans call that a dictatorship.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @7.1.1    4 years ago

Now, after reading AND comprehending his post, I can see no where at all where he even suggested a one-party system.

What'd you read?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  arkpdx @7.1    4 years ago
We only wish that were so. 

It is so. You must be confused. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
7.1.4  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.3    4 years ago

Not confused at all. I just remember the oath I made years ago to defend the country, the flag and the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and democrat. That oath never expires. I know who America's enemies really are. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @7    4 years ago

Well, as long as you focus on what's really important, JR!

jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Who knew that leaving an "i" and a "c" off would become a trigger!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @7.2    4 years ago

Who knew that Mitch McConnell is so retarded he thinks it's the Democrat Party. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7.2.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @7.2.1    4 years ago

I have removed the rest of this thread as it was nothing more than taunting. John is not the topic.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @7.2.1    4 years ago

Did you think Mitch was referring to the DemocratIC Party?

GregTx
PhD Guide
8  GregTx    4 years ago

I'm down with it. The republic of Greg has a nice ring to it. Or would it be Republic Greg?