╌>

Trump Warns That Biden Presidency Would Mean Regular Mail Service and Sports | The New Yorker

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  9 comments

By:   Andy Borowitz (The New Yorker)

Trump Warns That Biden Presidency Would Mean Regular Mail Service and Sports | The New Yorker
An advance copy of the President's final R.N.C. speech reveals that he will paint an ominous picture of uninterrupted postal delivery and athletic events.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Andy Borowitz

August 27, 2020 Photograph by Win McNamee / Getty

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In an apocalyptic vision of life under his Democratic rival, Donald Trump will warn on Thursday night that a Biden Presidency would mean regular mail service and sports.

An advance copy of Trump's final R.N.C. speech reveals that Trump will paint an ominous picture of a nation living under the tyranny of uninterrupted postal delivery and athletic events.

"Joe Biden and his left-wing puppet masters will take whatever measures they deem necessary to insure that the mail is delivered in a timely fashion," he will warn. "Biden and his radical henchwomen, Nancy Pelosi and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, will stop at nothing to make that nightmare a reality."

Additionally, Trump will charge, "If Joe Biden is allowed to wipe out the pandemic and institute police reforms, professional sports will be played like never before."

"No city will be safe from sports," he will add.

Trump will end his relentlessly downbeat speech on a note of optimism, however. "Only one thing can protect America from the sinister threat of mail and sports," he will declare. "Me."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

Sign me up!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

Is this intended to be satire?

The USPS has remained uninterrupted, and some sports jocks have walked off the job

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    4 years ago
Is this intended to be satire?

Considering it is written by a well known satirist, probably. 

You seem a little dour today Greg. Worried about trump? 

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
1.1.2  Account Deleted  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    4 years ago

Uninterrupted perhaps but delivery times for some types of mail have been extended.

I doubt if the players walked off the job. They can probably afford drivers.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

Well, crap!

I guess I'll have to pay my bills and lose Mr Giggles to the hockey season

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3  Ronin2    4 years ago

Amazon, FedEx, and UPS thank Biden for his guarantee that their delivery timeliness will be protected at tax payer expense. 

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Ronin2 @3    4 years ago

"WHOOSH"...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ronin2 @3    4 years ago

????

I almost always have to pay shipping for anything that comes to my door, that includes USPS, FedEx, and UPS. Not so much Amazon since I'm a prime member

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4  Nerm_L    4 years ago

Ha!  Certainly not beyond the realm of possibility.

Democrats have chosen to play Trump's game, after all.  jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif