The US just reported 102,831 new Covid-19 infections in 1 day. That's an all-time high

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  3 weeks ago  •  36 comments

By:   By Christina Maxouris and Holly Yan,

The US just reported 102,831 new Covid-19 infections in 1 day. That's an all-time high
16 states set new records for hospitalizations

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Photo: Shutterstock

What may have seemed like a ridiculously high prediction weeks ago has turned into reality -- and much faster than health experts expected.

The US just reported its highest number of new coronavirus infections in a single day -- 102,831 on Wednesday, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. 

And it's not just due to more testing. New cases have increased 21% over the past week, according to Johns Hopkins. But testing has only increased only 4.52% over the past week, according to the Covid Tracking Project.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
[]

Krishna
1  seeder  Krishna    3 weeks ago

The US just reported its highest number of new Coronavirus infections in a single day -- 102,831 on Wednesday!!!

And it's not just due to more testing. New cases have increased 21% over the past week, according to Johns Hopkins. But testing has only increased only 4.52% over the past week, according to the Covid Tracking Project.

Veronica
1.1  Veronica  replied to  Krishna @1    3 weeks ago

Huh, and here I thought (according to some here) that Covid would go away when the election was over.  It was all a Dem hoax.

Krishna
1.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Veronica @1.1    3 weeks ago

Huh, and here I thought (according to some here) that Covid would go away when the election was over.  It was all a Dem hoax.

In the words of Faux News' Trump Ass-kisser Sean Hannity (referring to what more and more people are now referring to as "The Trump Virus", early on Hannity said:
And this is the Democrats latest hoax!

Ozzwald
1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Krishna @1    3 weeks ago
The US just reported its highest number of new Coronavirus infections in a single day -- 102,831 on Wednesday!!!

The truly crappy part of this is that if Trump had taken just a small fraction of the effort that he has put into trying to steal the election over the past few days, and had put that effort into dealing with COVID in February or March, we wouldn't be in this desperate a situation now.

6FEEK7LBQBDERG4LY7P5AIVIUQ.JPG

Krishna
2  seeder  Krishna    3 weeks ago

As hospitalizations and deaths surge, some officials are enacting new rules to try to control the virus' spread.

Veronica
2.1  Veronica  replied to  Krishna @2    3 weeks ago

Yeah, we are increasing in our area as well.

Krishna
2.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Veronica @2.1    3 weeks ago
Yeah, we are increasing in our area as well.

And unfortunately, all indications are that new cases of "The Trump Virus"  will only increase in the near future :-(

Veronica
2.1.2  Veronica  replied to  Krishna @2.1.1    3 weeks ago

Ours seem to be in pockets.

Gordy327
2.2  Gordy327  replied to  Krishna @2    3 weeks ago

If some people actually adhered to the rules rather than whine or complan about them, we may not be dealing with this now. 

Krishna
3  seeder  Krishna    3 weeks ago

16 states set new records for hospitalizations

Covid-19 hospitalizations reached all-time highs in 16 states Wednesday: Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

Veronica
3.1  Veronica  replied to  Krishna @3    3 weeks ago

I am in Western New York and our cases & hopsitizations are increasing again in pockets.  People dropped their masks and distancing too quickly.

Krishna
3.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Veronica @3.1    3 weeks ago
People dropped their masks and distancing too quickly.

That's usually the case in areas where there's been a resurgence. 

That-- and also stores, bars and other businesses opening too quickly...

Krishna
3.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Veronica @3.1    3 weeks ago
I am in Western New York

BTW there used to be someone who was really active on NT who IIRC also lived somewhere in western NY State. Spikegary. Do you know him?

Veronica
3.1.3  Veronica  replied to  Krishna @3.1.2    3 weeks ago

We never actually met.  We have tried to set up a meet up with Enoch, himself & myself with our spouses. It just never came about.

Split Personality
3.2  Split Personality  replied to  Krishna @3    3 weeks ago

that bears an uncanny resemblance to this map

with the notable exceptions of Wisconsin, Minnesota and New Mexico

Coincidence?

Krishna
3.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Split Personality @3.2    3 weeks ago

Well, from the start, Trump and the entire Trump administration has downplayed the  virus-- Trump himself even going to the extreme of setting an example by he himself refusing to wear a mask! :-(

The obvious message that sent: if Trump himself didn't wear a mask, well-- there must not be any merit in wearing one,

So not surprisingly, states with high numbers of Trump supporters are also having a YUGE spike in new cases, followed by the biggest spike in hospitalizations...followed by a big spike in deaths.

None of which should be surprising . . .

Kavika
4  Kavika     3 weeks ago

Hasn't everyone heard, it's a hoax. Other than that we're rounding the corner on the virus and it's disappearing. 

OK, those are all things that Trump has said. If it's a hoax how can we be rounding the corner? Trump logic.jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

MUVA
4.1  MUVA  replied to  Kavika @4    3 weeks ago

He never said the virus was a hoax he said the media coverage that some rubes believe is a hoax.

Kavika
4.1.1  Kavika   replied to  MUVA @4.1    3 weeks ago

OK, let's go with that. Now, how about ''we're rounding the corner'' a lot of rubes believe that line of BS.

In fact here is a great article on all his lies about COVID. And remember he is recorded saying he knew how dangerous the virus is. The Bob Woodard interview and book doesn't allow Trump to lie his way out of it.

Hard to deny any of his BS on COVID.

All the President’s Lies About the Coronavirus

An unfinished compendium of Trump’s overwhelming dishonesty during a national emergency

Ozzwald
4.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  MUVA @4.1    3 weeks ago

He never said the virus was a hoax he said the media coverage that some rubes believe is a hoax.

How quickly his followers forget...

Trump calls coronavirus Democrats' 'new hoax'

MUVA
4.1.3  MUVA  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.2    3 weeks ago

But that doesn’t mean the virus itself is a hoax funny thing the English language the context means everything or you can take it out of context like you are doing.

MUVA
4.1.4  MUVA  replied to  Kavika @4.1.1    3 weeks ago

I don’t know if we are rounding a corner but after Biden is elected the coverage from the media will change immediately.

MUVA
4.1.5  MUVA  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.2    3 weeks ago

What he says in the video is true the democrats politicized the virus and the media helped them and rubes fell for it.

Kavika
4.1.7  Kavika   replied to  MUVA @4.1.4    3 weeks ago
I don’t know if we are rounding a corner but after Biden is elected the coverage from the media will change immediately.

You're right since Biden will not be telling people that we're rounding the corner and or it's going to disappear.

MUVA
4.1.8  MUVA  replied to  Kavika @4.1.7    3 weeks ago

I have to agree Biden will lock down the country and demand people wear mask probably try to punish states that didn’t vote for him and help the poorly run leftist cities you are right there will be a different approach.His crowning jewel will be fucking up the economy.

Ozzwald
4.1.9  Ozzwald  replied to  MUVA @4.1.3    3 weeks ago
But that doesn’t mean the virus itself is a hoax

Then explain what the hoax is?  I've asked this several times previously but never got an answer.

Ozzwald
4.1.10  Ozzwald  replied to  MUVA @4.1.5    3 weeks ago
What he says in the video is true the democrats politicized the virus and the media helped them and rubes fell for it.

He said it was a Democrat hoax. 

Ozzwald
4.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  MUVA @4.1.8    3 weeks ago
I have to agree Biden will lock down the country and demand people wear mask probably try to punish states that didn’t vote for him and help the poorly run leftist cities you are right there will be a different approach.

If Trump had locked down the country for 1 month last March or April, we would have been back in business long since, and the current wave would not hurt us as much.

Kavika
4.1.12  Kavika   replied to  MUVA @4.1.8    3 weeks ago
I have to agree Biden will lock down the country and demand people wear mask probably try to punish states that didn’t vote for him and help the poorly run leftist cities you are right there will be a different approach.His crowning jewel will be fucking up the economy.

I never said that Biden will lock down the country, or say he could mandate masks, if you can't quote me correctly don't waste my time with nonsense. 

Punish states that didn't vote for him. More nonsense with no factual base. 

While you try to figure out if we're rounding the corner. I'll give you a hint, look at the article title.

Gordy327
4.1.13  Gordy327  replied to  MUVA @4.1.8    3 weeks ago

Good! That's what Biden should do! It may be the only way we can get control over this pandemic.

Ozzwald
4.1.14  Ozzwald  replied to  Gordy327 @4.1.13    3 weeks ago
Good! That's what Biden should do! It may be the only way we can get control over this pandemic.

They're still predicting another 200,000 deaths before Biden takes over in January. 

God help us if Trump wins, we'd be closing in on a million by the time the vaccine becomes readily available.

MUVA
5  MUVA    3 weeks ago

What am I supposed to disprove your opinion of events ?I don’t know if we have rounded a corner but I can guarantee if Joe Biden wins he will get a pass from the media and the rubes.

Krishna
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  MUVA @5    3 weeks ago
can guarantee if Joe Biden wins he will get a pass from the media and the rubes.

What are "rubes"?

Kavika
6  Kavika     3 weeks ago

According to Worldmeter the US today is at 107,677 new cases and 1,054 deaths. 

They will be reporting new cases and deaths for another two hours.

JBB
7  JBB    3 weeks ago

Didn't Trump say Covid would go away by now?

Kavika
7.1  Kavika   replied to  JBB @7    3 weeks ago
Didn't Trump say Covid would go away by now?

Either that or we are rounding corner or it was going to disappear, like magic.