╌>

Paula White, Trump spiritual adviser prays for African angels, win

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  7 comments

By:   Wyatte Grantham-Philips (USA TODAY)

Paula White, Trump spiritual adviser prays for African angels, win
Megachurch pastor and televangelist Paula White-Cain delivered a prayer service Wednesday — in efforts to secure President Donald Trump's reelection.

The Crazies were given special access in Trump's administration.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Wyatte Grantham-PhilipsUSA TODAY

Megachurch pastor and televangelist Paula White-Cain, who is spiritual adviser to President Donald Trump, delivered a prayer service Wednesday night in an effort to secure Trump's reelection.

During the service, which was streamed on Facebook Live, White-Cain called on "angelic reinforcement" from the continents of Africa and South America.

"I hear a sound of victory, the Lord says it is done," she said. "For angels have even been dispatched from Africa right now... In the name of Jesus from South America, they're coming here."

In her prayer, White-Cain is also heard speaking in tongues — an occurrence in which a speaker talks in a language they do not know, usually during an intense religious experience. Speaking in tongues has been practiced in multiple Christian denominations, as well as other religions.

White's video has gone viral since it went online Wednesday night. And many have expressed outrage over her words.

"God is sending angels from a place Trump called a [expletive] to help him get re-elected?" Bishop Talbert Swan, a pastor, activist and NAACP Chapter President, wrote on Twitter. "'I hear the sounds of victory...' Consider a hearing aid."

"She'll be lucky if Stephen Miller doesn't send those angels to ICE Detention Centers," wrote Ana Navarro-Cardenas, political strategist and commentator for CNN, Telemundo and The View.

White-Cain also stated that "demonic confederacies...are attempting to steal the election from Trump." As of Thursday morning, Joe Biden had 264 electoral votes and Trump 214, according to USA TODAY counts.

Even before outrage over Wednesday's video, White-Cain was a controversial figure in Christian circles because she preaches prosperity theology (or prosperity gospel) — a belief that God will reward believers with material wealth if they donate generously to religious causes.

Who is Paula White? Trump's spiritual adviser says president is a man of repentance

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

Aren't you tired of these religious nutters being given credibility by Trump and the damn gop? They should be out screeching their loopy nonsense on street corners and not within the corridors of power?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1  Gordy327  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

That might change soon enough. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     4 years ago

Well, yesterday she was speaking in tongues so this isn't at all surprising. 

I think that I found that fruitcake that went missing last Christmas.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Kavika @2    4 years ago

Yet, that nutty "Fruitcake" is The Spiritual Adviser of The President of the United States of America...

I'm so sick of Trump's shit. He can't go quick enough! 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Gordy327  replied to  JBB @2.1    4 years ago

"Spiritual Advisor?" What a useless token position! Is she paid with tax dollars?

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2  Ender  replied to  Kavika @2    4 years ago

I saw that...that was just bizarre...

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3  Thrawn 31    4 years ago
Spiritual Adviser

That has got to be the most useless type of advisor. I mean, what in the hell kind of advice can she even give on any situation that is even remotely important? Like here, what in the fuck is she even babbling about? Trump is dumb enough on his own, but with people telling him things like this how could anyone ever expect him to act like a rational person in any given situation?