╌>

Trump Says He Has Been Treated Very Unfairly by People Who Wrote Constitution | The New Yorker

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  2 comments

By:   Andy Borowitz (The New Yorker)

Trump Says He Has Been Treated Very Unfairly by People Who Wrote Constitution | The New Yorker
Andy Borowitz jokes that Donald Trump thinks he has been treated unfairly by the authors of the Constitution and that he's putting them on notice.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Andy Borowitz

February 10, 2017 PHOTOGRAPH BY ANDREW HARRER / GETTY

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Hinting darkly that "there's something going on," Donald J. Trump complained on Friday that he has been treated "very unfairly" by the people who wrote the United States Constitution.

"If the Constitution prevented me from doing one or two things, I'd chalk that up to bad luck," he said. "But when literally everything I want to do is magically a violation of the Constitution, that's very unfair and bad treatment."

Lashing out at the document's authors, Trump said that "America is a great country, but we have maybe the worst constitution writers in the world."

"Russia has much better constitution writers than we do," he said. "I talked to Putin, and he said their constitution never gives him problems."

"The situation is very unfair!" he added.

In an ominous warning, Trump said that, as of Friday, he was putting the writers of the U.S. Constitution "on notice."

"I don't have their names yet, but that's something I'm looking into," he said. "These jokers are not going to get away with this."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

Can you say, "Persecution Complex"?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2  Thrawn 31    4 years ago

Of course it is satire, but be prepared for Trump to lash out against the US Constitution over the next couple months. I fully expect him to put a torch to as much of the federal government as he possibly can on his way out.