╌>

Black Friday 2020: The best early sales available right now

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  4 years ago  •  14 comments

By:   Shari Uyehara

Black Friday 2020: The best early sales available right now
Black Friday lands on Nov. 27, but sales have already begun. Take advantage of early Black Friday deals from Amazon, Best Buy, Target and Walmart.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Our editors independently selected these items because we think you will enjoy them and might like them at these prices. If you purchase something through our links, we may earn a commission. Pricing and availability are accurate as of publish time. Learn more about Shop TODAY.

It's officially November, meaning shoppers and retailers alike are gearing up for large Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, as well as winter and end of year deals. Similarly to other events in 2020, from Halloween to the 2020 election, Covid-19 has shaken up the way Black Friday shopping will happen this year. To avoid the potential of superspreader crowds, for example, stores like Walmart and Target have decided to break tradition and close their doors starting on Thanksgiving — they'll instead offer discounts online only. So exactly when do Black Friday 2020 deals start? It's not as clear as in years past, given another notable difference this year: while Black Friday would typically kick off big sales of the season, Amazon's Prime Day event — which was postponed months from its typical July date to mid-October this year — has virtually opened the floodgates to holiday shopping and sales events. To better understand what November may bring, and how readers should approach shopping during the month, we consulted retail expert Michael Bonebright from DealNews.com. Throughout November, we'll be regularly updating this article with the latest, best Black Friday deals to consider.

What stores are having big sales right now

In preparation for Black Friday, some retailers are hosting their own major sales events, including Amazon, Best Buy, Target and Walmart.

If you need a product to arrive by Christmas, your best bet is to order it in early November.

Michael Bonebright, Senior Blog Editor, DealNews.com

While Amazon's Black Friday Deals Week will soon begin on Friday, Nov. 20, right now you can save on hundreds of toys, as well as fashion, tech, Amazon devices and more during the retailer's Holiday Dash sale, an extension of its Prime Day sale. Likewise, Best Buy is currently offering early Black Friday sales, although the main discounts are set to drop on Nov. 22. "Historically, Best Buy has offered new doorbusters every day of its Black Friday sales, so it's definitely worth checking in with the store throughout the month in case of new deals," Bonebright said. Target is also extending its Black Friday sale, with Black Friday Now deals dropping every Thursday. And Walmart plans to host a number of Black Friday sale events this year, giving shoppers ample opportunities to prep their winter savings and holiday shopping. Bonebright said both Target and Walmart deals could lead to price wars with other competitors. Aside from the major sales mentioned above, there are plenty of sales to choose from right now: We've compiled some outstanding Black Friday sales below, as well as other November savings and deals that are going on now.

Best Black Friday 2020 sales and other November discounts

• 23andMe is offering up to 50 percent off DNA tests
  • Abercrombie & Fitch is offering up to 60 percent off clearance and 25 percent off all jeans, as well as up to 50 percent off clearance at Abercrombie Kids.
  • AeroGarden is offering up to 35 percent off all gardens and 20 percent off or more sitewide with code HOLIDAY20 through Nov. 22.
  • Aeropostale is giving you 50 to 70 percent off sitewide during their Black Friday Holla-busters sale.
  • Bed Bath & Beyond is offering a variety of sales, including 20 percent off select Tempur-Pedic items, up to $70 off Shark vacuums and 25 percent off select bakeware.
  • Belk is giving you up to 60 percent off bedding and holiday decor, as well as up to 25 percent off Champion clothing.
  • BioBidet is offering up to 33 percent off top-selling bidets and accessorie
  • Bonobos is offering up to 25 percent off sitewide with code 321GIFTOFF and 30 percent off purchases of $250 or more
  • Canary is collaborating with Nom Nom to give you over 50 percent off the first two-weeks off a Nom Nom meal subscription and the Canary View Camera.
  • Costco is providing holiday savings on select furniture, toys, apparel and more.
  • The Disney Store is offering up to 50 percent off select costumes and costume accessories for a limited time, as well as up to 50 percent off select toys, clothing, home and more during the Magical Savings Event.
  • Keurig is offering 50 percent off a coffee maker and 25 percent off beverages when the items are purchased as a part of the Keurig Starter Kit.
  • Kohl's is offering 25 percent off or more on select items from Columbia through Nov. 10 and up to 70 percent off clearance items.
  • LifeProof is giving you a free stainless steel water bottle with purchases over $50.
  • Lenovo is giving you up to 70 percent off doorbusters, including most ThinkPad laptops and desktops through Nov. 15.
  • Lord and Taylor is offering 50 to 70 percent off sitewide, 50 percent off kidswear and 20 percent off beauty.
  • Lowe's is offering up to 60 percent off Amazon Alexa items through Nov. 7, as well as up to 40 percent off select lighting and ceiling fans and up to 60 percent off select electrical products.
  • Macy's is providing an extra 30 percent off select items, including holiday ornaments and decor and 15 percent off select beauty with code FRIEND. You'll also find 50 percent off select toys.
  • Nest Bedding is offering 20 percent off sitewide with code UNIFORM through Nov. 15.
  • Nordstrom is giving you 15 percent off beauty products from Lancome, Bobbi Brown and more through Nov. 9, as well as up to 50 percent off dresses from Alice & Olivia, Ted Baker and more through Nov. 10. You'll also find up to 40 percent off clearance.
  • Nordstrom Rack is offering up to 87 percent off last chance items.
  • Old Navy is offering up to 30 percent off sitewide and card members can save up to 50 percent off with the code FORYOU
  • Olympia Sport is providing 50 percent off select footwear, apparel, accessories and more sitewide.
  • Pandora is offering 35 percent off select items sitewide every Friday through Dec. 1.
  • QVC is offering daily deals and savings on home goods, including Shark vacuums, Dyson air purifiers and more.
  • Ruby Love is providing up to 30 percent off select underwear, swimwear and more.
  • Saks Fifth Avenue is giving you up to 40 percent off select styles through Nov. 7.
  • STATE Bags is offering up to 75 percent off clearance.
  • Target is offering early Black Friday sales right now and plans to drop new sets of deals each week.
  • Walmart is offering early Black Friday sales on home goods, electronics, toys and more.
  • Wayfair is providing early Black Friday sales on living room seating, outdoor furniture and more through Nov. 12. You'll also find up to 70 percent off kitchen essentials and up to 60 percent off dining room furniture, bedroom furniture, Christmas trees, decor and more during their Big Holiday Sale.
  • Williams-Sonoma is offering an extra 20 percent clearance with code EXTRA.
  • Wilsons Leather is offering an extra 40 percent off sitewide with code COZY.

Best deals to shop right now

1. Fire TV Stick 4K

The popular Fire TV Stick 4K is equipped with an Alexa Voice Remote and allows you to stream from a variety of apps, including Netflix, HBO, Disney+, the recently launched Peacock and more. You can change the channel, search for content or play music using your voice, too. Plus, you can pair it with other Alexa devices and use it like a smart assistant, to adjust thermostats and lights.

31gfk-y4-zl-5f9d4ba6b87c8_91adf7fe960719563577c452bc1a2eed.fit-720w.jpg

Fire TV Stick 4K

$29.99 $49.99Best Buy$29.99 $49.99Target$29.99 $49.99Amazon

2. Samsung Q80T Series 65-inch QLED 4K UHD Smart TV

This 65-inch Samsung smart TV features backlights which adjust to portray better contrast and richer colors. It sports four speakers: two at the top and two at the bottom, which are meant to follow the sound during any scene. Additionally, it includes Amazon Alexa so you can conveniently control your TV through voice commands.

41wrwxmsx6l-5f9d4e60cacfb_06438bc02b946ab2882928b82601e938.fit-720w.jpg

Samsung Q80T Series 65-inch QLED 4K UHD Smart TV

$1,499.99 $1,799.99Best Buy$1,497.99 $1,797.99B&H Photo$1,497.99 $1,799.99Amazon

3. Echo Dot (3rd Gen)

The 3rd gen Echo Dot is essentially a compact and more affordable version of the larger 3rd gen Echo. It's a great option if you're looking to find access to Alexa but don't need the larger components, including a woofer or larger speakers. You can use it to adjust your smart home, make phone calls, check the weather and more. Plus, you can find it in a handful of colors, including Heather Gray and Plum.

41crnvyqmql-5f9d50cc08327_60c1937c779db6753087d46d3f79c4b4.fit-720w.jpg

Echo Dot (3rd Gen)

$18.99 $39.99Amazon$18.99 $39.99Best Buy$18.99 $39.99Kohl's

4. Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earphones

The Powerbeats Pro earphones are widely popular and a great option if you're looking for earbuds to workout in, or just wireless earbuds in general. They feature controls on each earpiece for convenience, adjustable ear hooks to keep them in place while you move and claim to be sweat- and water-resistant, according to Beats. Additionally, you can use them for nine hours when fully charged and they come in eight colors including Black, Lava Red and Spring Yellow.

31gbdclpljl-5f9d54f2f08ab_41ec52df0461e3f3948276c1bd6ba072.fit-720w.jpg

Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earphones

$199.95 $249.95Walmart$199.99 $249.99Target$199.95 $249.95Amazon

5. LG CX 55-inch 4K Smart OLED TV

This LG smart TV features a 4K processor for higher quality images and colors, as well as Dolby Vision IQ to automatically adjust its picture settings depending on what you're watching. It also includes gaming features like NVIDIA G-SYNC and FreeSync for less lag and smoother gaming. For convenience, you can pair it with Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa.

51nzlj-rtbl-5f9d595b7b778_25a8c73169378620563234a18400ae08.fit-720w.jpg

LG CX 55-inch 4K Smart OLED TV

$1,396.99 $1,799.99Walmart$1,396.99 $1,796.99Abt$1,396.99 $1,496.99Amazon

6. iRobot Roomba E5 (5150) Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi

The iRobot Roomba E5 is a great option for pet owners and those who want a Roomba with greater suction power. It sports two brushless rollers, to sweep up hair without getting tangled, an allergen filter and dirt detect sensors. Plus, it features adaptive navigation and it'll automatically recharge itself after it's done cleaning. For convenience, you can set cleaning schedule via the iRobot HOME app or through voice controls.

41cvd1uxfcl-5f9d61e7da1b6_6decdca5e28e5a9617c9b907fb1d59a3.fit-720w.jpg

iRobot Roomba E5 (5150) Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi

$299.99 $349.99Target$299.99 $349.99Best Buy$299.00 $379.99Amazon

7. Apple AirPods Pro

The Apple AirPods Pro are no stranger to NBC News Shopping content and were one of the most purchased items by NBC News Shopping visitors during Amazon Prime Day 2020. Tech expert Whitson Gordon previously dubbed them one of the best wireless earbuds for Apple users in our wireless earbuds roundup. You can also opt for the classic Apple AirPods, which fitness expert Stephanie Mansour said are the best pair of earbuds she's ever used.

31gtbqaq1nl-5f9d64c222481_c1b3a3a320754f137da9fdc88e6d16d5.fit-720w.jpg

Apple AirPods Pro

$219.00 $249.00Walmart$219.00 $249.00Amazon$229.99 $249.99Best Buy

8. Vince Camuto Gradina Block Heel Bootie

This Vince Camuto bootie features a sleek design with a pointed toe and western touch. It's made of a leather upper and synthetic leather with a rubber sole. It also includes a three-and-a-half-inch block heel, as well as a zip closure at the back of the shoe. You can find it in a variety of colorways, including Tortilla Suede and Snakeskin to match your outfits during the fall, winter and summer. And if you prefer your boots to have a rounded toe, consider this Lucky Brand option.

screen_shot_2020-11-06_at_12-44-40_am_22e2af9ef31a35f71e4bb59f0659b2d6.fit-720w.png

Vince Camuto Gradina Block Heel Bootie

$99.90 $149.95Nordstrom

9. Tribit StormBox Micro Bluetooth Speaker

This compact Tribit speaker is water-resistant and includes bluetooth connectivity. It features eight-hours of playtime when fully charged, wireless stereo technology so you can pair it with another speaker, and has a 100-foot range. It also comes with a flexible strap for you to attach to your bike or backpack while on the go. Plus, you can find it in Black and Orange. Be sure to apply the $10 coupon and use code BFP35BTS10 at checkout.

51487yqt0tl-5fa51e0ce224c_5e4002430f1224235afaba25756372b1.fit-720w.jpg

Tribit StormBox Micro Bluetooth Speaker

$32.49 $49.99Amazon

What to buy in November and what can wait

Aside from insights into what items we should look out for, Bonebright urged shoppers to shop early this year. "More people are expected to shop online this holiday season, so shipping is going to get backed up. If you need a product to arrive by Christmas, your best bet is to order it in early November," said Bonebright.

Coming straight out of Halloween, the first week of November is always the best time to save on candy (and leftover costumes). Bonebright said shoppers can expect to see price drops of up to 50 percent on Halloween candy as early as Nov. 1, but prices will fall further in the next few days. Similarly, as back to school sales are finally over, many school supplies will be moved to clearance. Bonebright says backpacks and lunch boxes are an especially great buy during early November.

And with shopping looking a little different this year, Black Friday deals are happening earlier than usual. For that reason, Bonebright says the entire month of November is a great time to shop for electronics. "In particular, you can look to save up to 50 percent on name-brand speakers and headphones, and entry-level streaming media players will hit $25 or less." This also means it's a great time to look for TVs (a Black Friday doorbuster classic). "In general, you can expect to pay less than $100 for a small TV, around $200 for a mid-size set, and $500 to $800 for a big-screen," said Bonebright. Plus, you can find Apple products at discounts during Black Friday, including the 8th gen iPad which is expected to hit $250 this month.

While November is rife with sales, Bonebright says there are still some items shoppers should pass on that will typically see larger discounts in the coming months. Although there may be a few attractive winter clothing sales, Bonebright says there are usually far better discounts and more variety in January and later. Likewise, Bonebright recommends waiting to purchase jewelry and gift cards until December as there will be lots of sales and bonus offers. Bonebright also advised not to splurge on exercise equipment or home gym machines before January.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1  sandy-2021492    4 years ago

Already ordered my parents a Roomba on Amazon Prime day.  Black Friday shopping is usually our "girls' day", but we won't be going this year, unless we're sitting around on our tablets together.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1  Ender  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1    4 years ago

I have one. The only thing with mine is it is kinda rough. Sometimes it will go up to a piece of furniture and slow down and barely touch it and sometimes it will be hauling ass and ram into something.  Haha

I like it though. Picks up a lot of dog hair.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Ender @1.1    4 years ago

I have an older one. It tries so hard to clean under the couch that it wedges itself underneath.  But yeah, great for pet hair.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Ender  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.1    4 years ago

Mine only gets stuck under a china cabinet that I have. Somehow it wedges itself under there.

Then ding ding ding...help me help me.

One time it managed to suck in a throw blanket that was hanging off the couch.

I can tell you a gross one. My sister has one and she has an older dog. One day while they were at work the dog had diarrhea on the floor. And Roomba starts at the normal time. It went throw the shit and spread it all over the living room, kitchen and hallway...  

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  Ender @1.1.2    4 years ago

I've heard of the dog poop thing happening. I can't imagine how long that cleanup takes.

Pedro
Professor Participates
2  Pedro    4 years ago

Personally, I'll be in the market for a solar generator.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Pedro @2    4 years ago

Hey Peter, waaaaaaaassssup?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Why do earphones cost 250 dollars? 

-

Apple AirPods Pro

$219.00 $249.00Walmart$219.00 $249.00Amazon$229.99 $249.99Best Buy

zuksam
Junior Silent
3.1  zuksam  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

Because there are foolish people willing to pay that much, 250 doesn't even get you top of the line these days. I have a nice set from Sony that I bought 30 years ago that I use with my guitar amp but for listening to music I use a 15 dollar Sony set. My headphones may not be wireless but they always work and I never forget to charge them.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  zuksam @3.1    4 years ago

I have a 25 dollar set of Sony headphones that I bought at CVS.  They sound fine to me.  I think things like 250 dollar headphones are a status symbol. 

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2  Ender  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

I saw a set for 99. Any Apple product is going to be expensive. The beats by Dre are just as expensive.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4  cjcold    4 years ago

If I wanted advertising I'd go somewhere else. WTF is this doing here Perrie? Paying bills?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  cjcold @4    4 years ago

Cj, 

I get all my stories from the press, and this one came from NBC news. I thought something light and nonpolitical would be good after such a harsh election. And for the record, no I don't get paid for this. The only ads that make any money are the ones that are on the side or bottom. IN FACT, this site has 90% less advertising than some of the major news outlets. Give me a little credit please.

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    4 years ago

I was thinking about getting a 32" tv for a bedroom. It is a roku smart tv for like $108. It is only the 720p but it is a smart tv and internet capable. Says it is onn. Wonder if it would be worth it.

I guess for a hundred bucks wouldn't matter too much.