╌>

Anti-LGBTQ pastor who blamed "fornication" for coronavirus dies of COVID / LGBTQ Nation

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  12 comments

By:   LGBTQ Nation

Anti-LGBTQ pastor who blamed "fornication" for coronavirus dies of COVID / LGBTQ Nation
"This coronavirus may be a privilege, because I'll tell you right now, there's a much bigger judgment coming. It's in the Bible...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Irvin-Baxter.jpg?w=790&h=530&fit=crop&auto=format&auto=compress&crop=faces Irvin BaxterPhoto: Screenshot

An anti-LGBTQ pastor who blamed "fornication" for coronavirus has died from COVID.

Irvin Baxter, who was a regular on televangelist and convicted ex-felon Jim Bakker's conspiracy-laden religious program. Baxter regularly denigrated LGBTQ people and blamed the community for all of society's woes.

Related: Rocky Horror creator says trans women should be "applauded" but will never be a "natural woman"

In an appearance this year, Baxter decried marriage rates and sex before marriage, concluding, "Now, God says… 'Do not be deceived. God is not mocked. No fornicator, no adulterer, nor effeminate, nor abuser of themselves of mankind, nor extortioner, nor drunkard. None of these shall inherit the kingdom of God.'"

"If we think we can just ignore God and live a sinful lifestyle, well, we cannot do it. You know, I believe in what you're saying, that God may be using this as a wake-up call."

"This coronavirus may be a privilege, because I'll tell you right now, there's a much bigger judgment coming," he concluded. "It's in the Bible."

"It is with deep grief that we announce the passing of Irvin Baxter. Though we find comfort in knowing that he has without a doubt entered his great reward," his ministry said in a press release. "He was 75."

"Irvin was hospitalized last week with COVID-19. Since then, a vast network of churches and ministries, have been in almost constant prayer for him."

Apparently, the prayers were not enough for God to spare the wicked fornicator.

Bias Watchanti-LGBTQ pastors, coronavirus pandemic, covidiots, Irvin Baxter, Jim Bakker

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

That's the way things seem to be going nowadays!

Ender
Professor Principal
2  Ender    4 years ago
nor extortioner

Isn't that what they do to their parishioners...

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
3  MonsterMash    4 years ago

"Apparently, the prayers were not enough for God to spare the wicked fornicator"

Yeah sure, Irvin Baxter was a fornicator. He was married at age 20 staying married to the same lady for 55 years. Mr. Baxter never was accused of cheating on his wife or involved in a sexual scandal.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1  Ender  replied to  MonsterMash @3    4 years ago

So married couples don't fornicate?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Ender @3.1    4 years ago
So married couples don't fornicate?

Technically, no - not if they’re faithful. The word generally means sex between people who aren’t married to each other.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  MonsterMash @3    4 years ago

But, Baxter is the one blaming Covid on fornication! 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.2.1  Gordy327  replied to  JBB @3.2    4 years ago
Baxter is the one blaming Covid on fornication! 

I guess no one told him that Covid is not an STD.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  MonsterMash @3    4 years ago
or involved in a sexual scandal.

WOW, quite the accomplishment these daze, know ?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

It would seem that it was a warning to these phony baloney preach for profit con artists.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5  Hal A. Lujah    4 years ago

I guess he was a closet fornicator.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  Krishna  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5    4 years ago
I guess he was a closet fornicator.

Well,isn't it about time for all the fornicators to come out of the closet?

(After all, it must be getting pretty crowded in there!)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    4 years ago

Sounds like post birth spontaneous justifiable self abortion.